Some of the fishes:

mMaZIC7.jpg

And the shrimp:

lgtJK0q.jpg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It’s December 8. In 1980 John Lennon was killed on this day. He was deeply flawed but the world is still infinitely worse off without him.

as much as people love to crap on yoko….. plastic ono band first album had some of the greatest raw recordings…….i play and record myself and hearing that album made sense..

…..dirty amps….good writing……. no auto tune…..no computers….klaus on drums …that sound.

sure, most people use computers to record today rather than tape…….but it's interesting to disregard any supposed industry norm with mic set ups/placement for the better good of the sound or 'feel'

……i could go on…..

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
.adding………my mistake……it was klaus on bass.

i meant to point out the incredible drum sound recorded on that album….. im trying to get at 'no rules, just what works and sounds good'

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
as much as people love to crap on yoko….. plastic ono band first album had some of the greatest raw recordings…….i play and record myself and hearing that album made sense..

…..dirty amps….good writing……. no auto tune…..no computers….klaus on drums …that sound.

sure, most people use computers to record today rather than tape…….but it's interesting to disregard any supposed industry norm with mic set ups/placement for the better good of the sound or 'feel'

……i could go on…..

Yes Klaus on bass and Ringo on drums? What’s interesting to me is he cane up with some excellent material for the Plastic Ono Band album in 1970 when he was pretty much out of gas in 1969.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Any of you guys gone to see "Knives Out"? It's really good. One of my favorite films of the year.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
watch on your own beware -specifically 3:50 on

im not an expert, nor a professional but i have a hard time believing the propaganda at 3:50 onward…….ive never seen a chicken (or chickens) with such pale pink combs and beaks ivory white…….it may be the breed…..it may not.

but they dont look 'healthy' in my eye….sure on a vet's opinion they could say otherwise

**im not saying or trying to put down the company in the video (it could be any company really) nor the people in it ……im sure they all go through all of the industry inspections and standards…..its just ….i get to thinking sometimes**

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
mine is snoopy christmas album……had it on cassette as a kid….lost it …….found it on LP as a man child

the opening 'dog fight' plane sounds…..german something something lyrics ….(and now realizing cheese 60's sound)
….

i play it every year for my niece and nephew…

get your own copy

///
Achtung! Jetzt wir singen zusammen die Geschichte
Uber dem schweinkomischen Hund und dem lieben Red Baron!

After the turn of the century
In the clear blue skies over Germany
Came a roar and a thunder men had never heard
Like the screamin' sound of a big war bird……………….

/////

Reactions: tr83

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

im not an expert, nor a professional but i have a hard time believing the propaganda at 3:50 onward…….ive never seen a chicken (or chickens) with such pale pink combs and beaks ivory white…….it may be the breed…..it may not.

but they dont look 'healthy' in my eye….sure on a vet's opinion they could say otherwise

**im not saying or trying to put down the company in the video (it could be any company really) nor the people in it ……im sure they all go through all of the industry inspections and standards…..its just ….i get to thinking sometimes**

All I'll say is that my brother used to work on the machinery at chicken and meat packing plants all over the US and will not tell me the disgusting things he saw, but he has gone vegetarian as a result.

I refuse to read or watch anything on the subject so that my ignorance stays bliss lol

Reactions: None Shall Pass

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

All I'll say is that my brother used to work on the machinery at chicken and meat packing plants all over the US and will not tell me the disgusting things he saw, but he has gone vegetarian as a result.

I refuse to read or watch anything on the subject so that my ignorance stays bliss lol

I'm in the same boat as @Davegarri

I've seen one too many leaked videos from these "plants" to be able to eat meat from them guilt-free. Had to put it out of my mind. Absolutely awful what they do to these poor animals.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
My absolute favorite Christmas CD. Too traditional for most these days, but that's me. :xtree::xtree:

View attachment 288707

Good taste, man.

mine is snoopy christmas album……had it on cassette as a kid….lost it …….found it on LP as a man child

the opening 'dog fight' plane sounds…..german something something lyrics ….(and now realizing cheese 60's sound)
….

get your own copy

///

/////

All good selections but I choose Dominick the Christmas Donkey as my go to. Has an extra special meaning since I’m Italian and always gives the kids a giggle when they hear the Donkey.

Reactions: Patrik26

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They'll just compete as "Olympic Athletes from Russia" or whatever again.

Yeah, most likely that's where they're headed. What interesting is it seems most in power were & are against that, but it's the top of the IOC allowing it. Someone should investigate those few people and see if they have swiss bank accounts or have received death threats.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

….

get your own copy

///

/////

Awesome. I've got Charlie Brown's Christmas on rotation as well. Christmas with the Rat Pack (Sinatra et al) floats my wife's boat.

Reactions: Patrik26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad