OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVIII: Limes On A Plane

Status
Not open for further replies.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I leave on my first ever work trip on Monday morning, and after a fair amount of Google-fu, I figured out that I can bring a sliced lime through airport security and on to the plane. So I will be able to make myself a proper gin and tonic onboard.

Also learned that Tanqueray is only $8 on JetBlue and tonic is free, making an airplane cocktail officially, somehow, cheaper than an NYC bar cocktail.

(We needed a new TaN)

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I leave on my first ever work trip on Monday morning, and after a fair amount of Google-fu, I figured out that I can bring a sliced lime through airport security and on to the plane. So I will be able to make myself a proper gin and tonic onboard.

Also learned that Tanqueray is only $8 on JetBlue and tonic is free, making an airplane cocktail officially, somehow, cheaper than an NYC bar cocktail.

(We needed a new TaN)

enough is enough! i have had it with these motherf***in limes on this motherf***in plane!

Reactions: None Shall Pass

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

(We needed a new TaN)
Could you not also bring on shooter's of gin and a can of tonic?

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
I figured out that I can bring a sliced lime through airport security and on to the plane.

what a passenger sees when you take out a sliced lime:

giphy.gif

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Could you not also bring on shooter's of gin and a can of tonic?

Technically yeah, but apparently it's illegal to open and consume your own brought-on gin (JetBlue will apparently let you drink your own beer/wine/champagne, but they have to pour it for you?). Tonic is also free, so why bother bringing it?

I'm gonna just spend $8+ and not jeopardize a free week in Orlando.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Are u afraid of flying? I've always wondered why people drink on planes. Guy on my flight out to SLC last week was pounding Stellas.

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
Are u afraid of flying? I've always wondered why people drink on planes. Guy on my flight out to SLC last week was pounding Stellas.
I used to be terrified of flying and would easily throw back 1 in the cab, 2 at the airport bar, and anywhere from 3-6 on the flight depending on the length of the trip.

It certainly "helped".

It's also destination dependent. Miami, Cartagena, NoLa, Amsterdam, Berlin or Vegas? All bets are off and I'm looking right at Mr. Boggs territory.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn

Not at all, but I get bored sitting anywhere for hours and I'll have nothing to do for two days once I land. And the trip is free. May as well get a little boozy.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I've heard that while you're allowed to bring shooters on with you, youre technically not supposed to drink them. Obviously there is a lot of "your mileage may vary" there but still.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Xanax and a glass of wine cured my fear of flying.

I hate to fly so much...But you gotta do it. Next year is my 50th...My birthday is in July and I am considering going to Tokyo for the Olympic...To watch USA Archery. But the idea of a 14 hour flight turns my stomach just thinking about it.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Xanax and a glass of wine cured my fear of flying.

I hate to fly so much...But you gotta do it. Next year is my 50th...My birthday is in July and I am considering going to Tokyo for the Olympic...To watch USA Archery. But the idea of a 14 hour flight turns my stomach just thinking about it.

suck it up and do it! if it’s a 14 hour flight, stay up late the night before and pop some sleeping pills right before you board

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
I've heard that while you're allowed to bring shooters on with you, youre technically not supposed to drink them. Obviously there is a lot of "your mileage may vary" there but still.
They're called airplane bottles for a reason. Who's going to notice you taking them out of your carry on and pouring them in to a mixer?

I will be honest that I was shocked when they allowed us through security with a few (wrapped) cases of them though.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
considering going to Tokyo for the Olympic...To watch USA Archery.

I absolutely LOVE watching Olympic Archery. It's never on the main channels, so you have to plan for it to be on something like USA or MSNBC, but it's good fun. I especially like watching the arc on the longer events; it's pretty impressive how they consistently hit 8-10.

It was also after watching Olympic archery when I realized why serious traditional / longbow shooters typically hate crossbows. Because I could literally walk up to the line after a few beers & take my stock Matrix 360 with factory string & win Olympic gold. LOL

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Flying itself is fine. It's hustling from one gate to another to catch connections, renting cars, finding the hotel, then putting on that super professional business face the next day gets me. I get to the destination and just want to leave, but have to push through important business stuff.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I got a complementary upgrade to an "executive suite". **** has a full bar and living room and stuff. This is ridiculous.

Got that in vegas at the cosmopolitan back in January. Two story hotel room with a full bar, living room, private patio with an in ground hot tub, two bathrooms, speakers everywhere, 4 50+ inch tv's.

The place was nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad