OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I had snap chat because that crazy over the offseason that I was involved with and was posting about, told me to get it and chat with her on there and send goofy pictures to each other. She used to send dumb pictures that turned her into a rabbit and all these dumb filters. There was a bit of an age difference between us. No one my age uses that.

Everyone my age uses Facebook. Everyone but me. I don’t need to show everybody how great I look compared to most of them haha.

I have a buddy who’s wife left him and said it was for good. So he went bat **** crazy and got every social media you can think of to meet new girls. That’s definitely one of the only good reasons I can think of to have it. He met so many girls in such a short amount of time, it was ridiculous and part of me wishes I had access to that when I was younger and shy. In the end his wife ended up coming back a few months later, so that was kindve awkward :laugh:

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
Facebook was awesome when it was for college students only, and you could only see other people in your college. I actually met a lot of people I became actual real-life friends with when it worked that way (And a few romantic partners).

Now it's just a sad place that harvests your data and where your best friends mom posts weird pixelated memes.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a buddy who’s wife left him and said it was for good. So he went bat **** crazy and got every social media you can think of to meet new girls. That’s definitely one of the only good reasons I can think of to have it. He met so many girls in such a short amount of time, it was ridiculous and part of me wishes I had access to that when I was younger and shy. In the end his wife ended up coming back a few months later, so that was kindve awkward :laugh:
I remember you mentioning that friend before. I’m not very good with selling myself to a potential love interest online. I work much better in person.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
This is another thing that's dying because younger people dont use them.

I'll still buy a new CD if it's from of one of my favorite bands/musicians, because they sound better than digital files (assuming you're listing on a good enough stereo to perceive the difference in quality).

A lot of touring bands are turning away from CDs as well. I see more people buy vinyl than them. They make a limited amount of vinyl and a bunch of different designs and people eat that stuff up. Lots of bands just selling download cards as well.

Personally I don't buy CDs or vinyl but that's because I don't want that physical stuff taking up space when it's completely unnecessary. Digital media all around is rather fantastic to me as well. I own no blu-rays but I'm also not a huge repeat watcher.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I was just at the grocery store with my wife and she came up to me at the check out line with a Tide Stain Remover pen looking thing and said "didn't you say you needed this"?

I said, "I said Thai Stick not a Tide Sick"

The young man at the register started laughing so hard he had hold his gut. I looked at him and said "Right"

He said "break time in 15 minutes".

Tails from the Stop and Shop.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
Many commercials for phones are like "stay connected". The thing with me is that I really enjoy staying not connected. I like sitting in my car, driving, thinking, listening to music, knowing that nobody can connect to me.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Many commercials for phones are like "stay connected". The thing with me is that I really enjoy staying not connected. I like sitting in my car, driving, thinking, listening to music, knowing that nobody can connect to me.

I never answer my phone when driving unless I was waiting for an important phone call. I turn on the do not disturb option so if I receive phone calls, texts or emails it won't show me until I turn it off. So all it will do when I'm driving is play music and show the GPS.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Cell phones have a lot of negative aspects about them but the positives just for emergency type situations alone outweigh them for me. Being able to call for help for really bad car wrecks, people being sick, etc etc etc.

Even a cheap pay as you go flip phone to keep in your car would be a good option for people who simply don't want a smart phone or a monthly bill every month.

ya ive considered that for emergencies

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Conor McGregors Proper Twelve whiskey is quite nice. I'm not an avid whiskey drinker but I'm trying, don't @ me if you think I'm wrong lol.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
The DMV may be the least efficient place I have ever seen in my life.

They have 3 receptionists right now with no one in line and only 1 person doing license renewals with 8 people waiting. The person doing license renewals goes on break after every person too. This place is absurd lol

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Well yesterday was a pretty cool experience... I searched all over this town to find a place that would put on the Devils game...it was a lot harder than you could imagine trying to find a place that would put a hockey game on during Sunday football.

So an older gentleman sitting at the end of the bar heard me ask to watch a hockey game and asked me who my favorite team was I told him Devils and he told me he was a Blackhawks fan.. I asked where he was from and he said St. Catherine's Ontario... I said not the leafs? He said I hate the leafs...But I like the Hawks because I played for the Hawks Junior A team in St Catharines when he was a teenager.

One of the things I've learned is when someone gives you that much information they want to tell you a story and if you listen and let them you can have a pretty cool experience.

So I said to him what is your name and he said Pete and I said bartender can you buy Pete a drink on me and then Pete begin to tell me about his entire life in hockey for about 2 hours and it was pretty cool.

Cornell University - E. Peter Tufford - Class of 1969 - Hall of Fame - Cornell University

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The DMV may be the least efficient place I have ever seen in my life.

They have 3 receptionists right now with no one in line and only 1 person doing license renewals with 8 people waiting. The person doing license renewals goes on break after every person too. This place is absurd lol

The DMV in Wayne is the best/quickest

The others, especially Randolph, are what you just described

Reactions: OmNomNom

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
i actually found Randolph's to be the quickest. It's not huge, but it's definitely nicer looking, as well. Wayne is run down and brings back bad memories

Wayne has an express license and registration renewal line.
In and out in 5-10 minutes.

Randolph, you could end up waiting there an hour. The employees are awful

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
Wayne has an express license and registration renewal line.
In and out in 5-10 minutes.

Randolph, you could end up waiting there an hour. The employees are awful
Need I remind you guys of the good 'ol days when it was still the government run DMV instead of the privatized MVC and you'd wait a minimum of like 4 hours to get ANYTHING done?

I'm presuming many here (not you DD) are too young to remember those days.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Need I remind you guys of the good 'ol days when it was still the government run DMV instead of the privatized MVC and you'd wait a minimum of like 4 hours to get ANYTHING done?

I'm presuming many here (not you DD) are too young to remember those days.

I am definitely too young to remember this lol

I went to the flemington dmv today. I tried to go to the Trenton one during work one day since it's close by and that was even worse. I'd imagine Randolph is bad too. Eatontown was the best one I've ever been to. I was out of there in 5 minutes.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
The expresss DMV license renewals are incredible. There's one in Midtown where you can book your appointment online and you are in and out in like 15 minutes. Just wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad