OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I was helping my dad out at work this morning (he's a contractor) tripped and my head landed on some hot glued stuff. Got a bunch of hot glue in my hair and had to get a buzz cut. Hope everyone is having a better Wednesday morning than me

It's just hair.

You could have been bald and your scalp would have been severely burned.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Oh and you can be the captain and I will chart the course

Edit I think I f***ed up the lyric

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The inside of this aquarium stand is getting pretty full...
vzilpyg.jpg

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Does anyone have experience with on-street parking in the Ironbound?

I'm gonna try and snag one of those marked spots on Raymond Boulevard across from Riverfront Park for Red Bull tonight. I get out of work on 3:30 and I know there's no parking for street cleaning there on Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I was helping my dad out at work this morning (he's a contractor) tripped and my head landed on some hot glued stuff. Got a bunch of hot glue in my hair and had to get a buzz cut. Hope everyone is having a better Wednesday morning than me
I think your luck transferred to me after midnight.

I was out of town a couple days and got home at 1 in the morning. I found it suspicious that only one of my cats met me at the door. Went up to the bedroom to find the other couldn't use his rear legs. Rushed him to the animal hospital to find out he had a blood clot that cut off circulation to his legs, caused by a failing heart. Guy's only 7 or 8 years old.

I couldn't let him go right on the spot. I just couldn't. So I just dropped a TON of cash to buy 6 months to a year if I'm lucky. Probably much less. He's my best friend (sadly), and I also felt that my GF who lives in Manhattan had to see him at least one more time. I also felt like I owed it to him to give him one last chance.

A 6'4 250 pound guy driving around a cat and bawling his eyes out isn't a pretty sight.

Anyway, as a result, I have NO idea what happened with our team... Dea gone? McLeod called up. I'm not sure I even care anymore.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007

I was out of town a couple days and got home at 1 in the morning. I found it suspicious that only one of my cats met me at the door. Went up to the bedroom to find the other couldn't use his rear legs. Rushed him to the animal hospital to find out he had a blood clot that cut off circulation to his legs, caused by a failing heart. Guy's only 7 or 8 years old.

I couldn't let him go right on the spot. I just couldn't. So I just dropped a TON of cash to buy 6 months to a year if I'm lucky. Probably much less. He's my best friend (sadly), and I also felt that my GF who lives in Manhattan had to see him at least one more time. I also felt like I owed it to him to give him one last chance.

A 6'4 250 pound guy driving around a cat and bawling his eyes out isn't a pretty sight.

Anyway, as a result, I have NO idea what happened with our team... Dea gone? McLeod called up. I'm not sure I even care anymore.

really very sorry to hear that, man. did he regain use of his legs at least?

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
really very sorry to hear that, man. did he regain use of his legs at least?
A little. Looks better than yesterday, but the big concern is that it's congestive heart failure. It's bound to go soon. I'm just gonna make his final days as nice as possible. I'm going to have to shoot him up with blood thinners 3 times a day to keep him going, it seems.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I called this last year in this thread (though I didnt predict it would happen THIS year, just at some point soon in the future).

People now want Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer banned from the annual Christmas airwaves due to "bullying", "sexism", "violence" and "gender stereotyping".

Paging Elon Musk, get me off this planet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

That sucks man. I’m sorry to hear that. I’ve lost some of my cats and dogs. One of my birds just died the other night. Not long after I came home from the game. He was at the bottom of the cage, breathing heavily and I knew he was gonna go. So I looked back in there an hour later and he was dead. So I buried him out back. There was nothing I could do at that point, but watch him die and I wasn’t gonna do that. I suspect he was in failing health for a while.

The worst was when I lost my dog about 2+ Years ago now. I was so distraught over it, I didn’t even post about it on here. The only mention I made of it was in regards to something else and saying “this was the worst day I’ve had in years, so this makes me smile” the day it happened. That was September 6th of 2016. I couldn’t come to terms with that for a while. I lost another one shortly before that, but he was my oldest.

I don’t take animal deaths very well. I also lost one of my cats a few years back and another one before that.

I just recently adopted a 9 month old chihuahua in September. She’ll be a year in December I guess. I knew when I saw her that I’d regret not getting her! She’s awfully noisy when strangers (especially other men) come in the house. I suspect she’s been abused or mistreated by men, as she’s much more warm and open to female guests.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I called this last year in this thread (though I didnt predict it would happen THIS year, just at some point soon in the future).

People now want Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer banned from the annual Christmas airwaves due to "bullying", "sexism", "violence" and "gender stereotyping".

Paging Elon Musk, get me off this planet.

Some people just lack common sense

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
How is Rudolph gender stereotyping? Bullying actually makes somewhat sense, although overblown, but the other reasons are just ridiculous

Don't even get me started on this whole gender garbage.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Does anyone have experience with on-street parking in the Ironbound?

I'm gonna try and snag one of those marked spots on Raymond Boulevard across from Riverfront Park for Red Bull tonight. I get out of work on 3:30 and I know there's no parking for street cleaning there on Thursdays from 12:00 to 4:00.

Answered my own question by just trying it last night.

My interpretation of how cities manage parking is warped by Hoboken's visitor-hostile methods. The amount of on-street parking with zero permit rules in Newark is surprising [to me].

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Answered my own question by just trying it last night.

My interpretation of how cities manage parking is warped by Hoboken's visitor-hostile methods. The amount of on-street parking with zero permit rules in Newark is surprising [to me].

I will never understand on-street parking in Newark. I would park in the same place for Devils games all the time. Randomly they started giving me parking tickets. No signage changed, I wasn't in front of a fire hydrant or blocking a driveway or a bus stop or anything. Parked there again a few times after the first ticket and received no tickets, then randomly got second one.

No consistency and no real reason on the ticket other than "Illegal Parking" and both tickets were issued like 5-10 minutes after I parked there. Leads me to believe they just don't want fans parking on the street during games and taking away spots from residents.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
No consistency and no real reason on the ticket other than "Illegal Parking" and both tickets were issued like 5-10 minutes after I parked there. Leads me to believe they just don't want fans parking on the street during games and taking away spots from residents.

A cop or meter maid most definitely saw you exiting your car in Devils gear on the times you actually got tickets.

For me, I couldn't park on the street for the Devils over this concern, especially since my car has NJD plates. Considering the cost of parking at sporting events in general nowadays, the $12 to park at Seton Hall Law is enough of a bargain to keep doing it.

Last edited:

Nubmer6

Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
The worst was when I lost my dog about 2+ Years ago now. I was so distraught over it, I didn’t even post about it on here. The only mention I made of it was in regards to something else and saying “this was the worst day I’ve had in years, so this makes me smile” the day it happened. That was September 6th of 2016. I couldn’t come to terms with that for a while. I lost another one shortly before that, but he was my oldest.

I think I remember that. I may have posted this in reply:
w26ca6v.gif

This is my first time losing a pet, and even other pet owners say I have an unusual bond with this cat, so it's been difficult. The guy follows me around everywhere, plays fetch, is leash trained, and is just generally dog-like. He's even handed me a tool when I was working on my car. Not the RIGHT tool, but a tool.

He hopefully comes home today or tomorrow to live out his days. He's such a young cat, he deserves better.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
How is Rudolph gender stereotyping? Bullying actually makes somewhat sense, although overblown, but the other reasons are just ridiculous

Don't even get me started on this whole gender garbage.

I googled it and the reason was some character said, "No, that's a man's work" or something like that.

Also to be fair, it looks like there's one school somewhere is making this argument, it's not like a whole movement or anything.

Reactions: New Jersey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA