OT: The Thread About Nothing CCVI: Sitting in the blind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That's why my wife got the Outback. Extra space. I like it. We had it for two years. Good vehicle for the stuff we do. I have even slept in it a few times.

Too station wagony for me. I also feel like the cost was more for less. My brothers wife had a Forester and she was pretty unhappy when she saw what I got in my car for less $. We will see on the longevity. I will say, the cx5 is as good in the snow as my 94 grand Cherokee (my favorite vehicle) was and my 94 land rover was. Great on gas and drives like a sedan. It's really been a great vehicle so far.

I've found Subaru owners to be somewhat extremely biased (like Apple people), and I was quite disappointed when I finally started test driving cars. They all felt small, cramped, and clunky to drive. No doubt they are built like tanks, though. You can feel it when you drive them.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Too station wagony for me. I also feel like the cost was more for less. My brothers wife had a Forester and she was pretty unhappy when she saw what I got in my car for less $. We will see on the longevity. I will say, the cx5 is as good in the snow as my 94 grand Cherokee (my favorite vehicle) was and my 94 land rover was. Great on gas and drives like a sedan. It's really been a great vehicle so far.

I've found Subaru owners to be somewhat extremely biased (like Apple people), and I was quite disappointed when I finally started test driving cars. They all felt small, cramped, and clunky to drive. No doubt they are built like tanks, though. You can feel it when you drive them.

I know this sounds ridiculous but a requirement for me is to be able to put a air mattress in my vehicle and lay down comfortably. I go to a lot of multi-day archery events that are camping. Most of the time I will just tent...but a lot of times the car is more comfortable. There is one event in Sussex county NJ every 3rd week of April and there have been many 30 degree nights. The other thing is if can lay flat I know I can fit all my rods, my long bow and deer in the vehicle. That's important to me.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
The other thing is if can lay flat I know I can fit all my rods, my long bow and deer in the vehicle. That's important to me.

This is why I want to buy an old, beaten-up, rusted, pick-up truck, for deer and other farm-type jobs. There's no way I'm putting a field dressed deer in my Acadia, lol.

For now, this is my solution, I wrap the deer in a giant tarp to protect it from road dirt, then bungy-cord it down for the trip to the butcher.

open-uri20150602-12341-1p8xbb0

Reactions: Aethon

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This is why I want to buy an old, beaten-up, rusted, pick-up truck, for deer and other farm-type jobs. There's no way I'm putting a field dressed deer in my Acadia, lol.

For now, this is my solution, I wrap the deer in a giant tarp to protect it from road dirt, then bungy-cord it down for the trip to the butcher.

open-uri20150602-12341-1p8xbb0
I put a buck in the trunk of wife"s mother's Mercedes. :)

Reactions: BenedictGomez

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
This is the bit I dont get, the Crosstrek is one of the smaller Subarus, and it's just as big as your CX5.

Even the trunk space, while smaller, isnt dramatically different. Seems like a psychological thing.

The cx5 has 10 more cubic feet of cargo space with the seats up and 5 more with the seats down. That's not insignificant. You may be thinking of the cx3.

I don't know what else to say. I essentially had my heart set on a crosstrek. I was actually excited when my previous car died so I could finally get a crosstrek. I was disappointed when I sat in one with how small and compact it felt. I don't think it's psychological, but maybe it is. I'm also coming from a place where I have had vehicles will exceptional visibility. My landrover was like a safari vehicle. Windows everywhere. The Crosstrek and some of the kias felt like they just had less visibility.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
This morning I am 18 pounds heavier
than I was three Fridays ago. How is that even possible?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This morning I am 18 pounds heavier
than I was three Fridays ago. How is that even possible?
Because you have consumed 63000 more calories than you’ve burned since three Friday’s ago haha. Well, maybe not, some of it could be water/glycogen weight. I sometimes weigh 6-7 more pounds if I get on the scale after my cheat day and I’ve consumed 4500 calories the day before. It usually comes back down within 5-7 days and about 3-4 of it comes off within two days and is preceded by a by about 4 massive pisses, even on top of whatever I drink that day.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Because you have consumed 63000 more calories than you’ve burned since three Friday’s ago haha. Well, maybe not, some of it could be water/glycogen weight. I sometimes weigh 6-7 more pounds if I get on the scale after my cheat day and I’ve consumed 4500 calories the day before. It usually comes back down within 5-7 days and about 3-4 of it comes off within two days and is preceded by a by about 4 massive pisses, even on top of whatever I drink that day.
I went for a 2&1/2 hour walk maybe I burned a couple calories.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
This.

And even if they, "only thought it would be 1 or 2 inches" - the roads obviously should have been treated.

You know what just dawned on me is going to be the worst part of this? The politicians will now OVERDO everything this winter and enact ridiculous "State of Emergencies" and mandatory "No Vehicles on Highway" bans when it's not warranted, because they're going to be gun-shy about taking criticism again. :facepalm:

Whelp..... didnt take long for this prediction to come true.

Murphy is having NJDOT salt the roads right now for tonight's storm. FYI, it's currently 40 in most of Jersey, and not slated to get below 34, and that being only in the middle of the night. Reminder: h2o freezes @ 32 degrees. Your tax dollers at work.

Reactions: Davegarri

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ

Murphy is having NJDOT salt the roads right now for tonight's storm. FYI, it's currently 40 in most of Jersey, and not slated to get below 34, and that being only in the middle of the night. Reminder: h2o freezes @ 32 degrees. Your tax dollers at work.

Lmao not surprising at all. f***ing idiots. Idk why they even thought the last storm was only going to be 1-2 inches. My phone was saying 6 inches all week leading up to it. Phil probably doesn't even know Hunterdon and Warren county exist.

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I cant even keep up with the deleting in my junk email account.

Perhaps I'm less consumerist than most people, but I find Cyber Monday annoying as hell.

None Shall Pass

Dano moisturizes
Jul 7, 2007
Brooklyn
I cant even keep up with the deleting in my junk email account.

Perhaps I'm less consumerist than most people, but I find Cyber Monday annoying as hell.

I have mixed feelings about Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

On one hand, I am very anti-consumerism in general. Don't really need to go further than that without delving into the political.

On the other, I got myself a new laptop that I'll need for when I go back to school for $400 less than it was the day before, and my loved ones are getting a bunch of great presents that I can afford a lot better.

I'm not a wealthy man, so stuff like this is pretty nice at the end of it all.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) CHIEF KEEFE
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

Lmao not surprising at all. ****ing idiots. Idk why they even thought the last storm was only going to be 1-2 inches. My phone was saying 6 inches all week leading up to it. Phil probably doesn't even know Hunterdon and Warren county exist.

you guys should be so lucky to be one of like 700 people in jersey that actually anticipated that storm. :laugh:

people wanna get all jokey-jokey about the powers that be but seriously anyone who isn't essential personnel who went to work that day or didn't leave by 1:00 pm is an idiot, including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad