OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjDevsRR

Hard To Find
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Speaking of bots/fake profiles I see the same Benedict Gomez with the same logo on facebook trolling all of the NJ news pages.

Sad. That slanders the Devils logo. :help:

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Speaking of bots/fake profiles I see the same Benedict Gomez with the same logo on facebook trolling all of the NJ news pages.

Heh?

EDIT: Just checked my FB. I follow precisely one (1) NJ news page. I do occasionally comment, but not trolling. FYI, if you disagree with my politics, that's not akin to trolling. FY2, if you dont know what "slander" is, GOOG is your friend!

Nice to see you again too, BG.

It wasn't meant as a negative comment, more of a metaphysical comment regarding tabulation.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Saugus is posting? Must be a full moon! I actually thought I was back in 2013, which might not have been a bad thing.:laugh:

This website is now crashing my Firefox constantly.
It does it to mine too. Although everything crashes mine. Luckily this board has a feature where when you're in the middle of typing a message, it saves what you've typed so far. So I have to grab my phone and finish typing the message, which I've done 4 or 5 times now.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
this board has a feature where when you're in the middle of typing a message, it saves what you've typed so far. So I have to grab my phone and finish typing the message, which I've done 4 or 5 times now.

Is that a setting? When mine crashes it's lost. Honestly, it's not just this website. While I've used Firefox for years, I've noticed over the last 6 months I'm having webpage functionality issues with quite a few pages that disappear simply by switching to Chrome.

Henry Killinger

Sep 25, 2006
Roanoke, VA
This site is also blocked on my work computer since the update. Comes up as categorized in adult themes, blogs, lingerie/bikini LOL! Sucks having to actually work again, and I hate having to read this on my phone.

Reactions: Bleedred

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
This site is also blocked on my work computer since the update. Comes up as categorized in adult themes, blogs, lingerie/bikini LOL! Sucks having to actually work again, and I hate having to read this on my phone.

Not sure if this would help or not, but I would get around the school website blocks for sports/fantasy sports/games/etc. sites from school's IP by "translating" the webpage through Google Translate.

Again, this was years ago, and my IT skills are rudimentary at best, but it might help

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
Not having any crashing or ad blocker problems with Firefox. Adobe plug in wont update due to security issues with shockwave or some sort.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Is that a setting? When mine crashes it's lost. Honestly, it's not just this website. While I've used Firefox for years, I've noticed over the last 6 months I'm having webpage functionality issues with quite a few pages that disappear simply by switching to Chrome.
I don't think it's a setting, it's just automatic for me.

If you start typing something on a desktop and it freezes and you get on mobile, what you already typed up to that point is automatically saved when you go to reply on mobile. At least it is for me!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I haven't run into any issues with ads when I'm logged in and on my computer with AdBlock and NoScript. I suspect it would be different on mobile.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I can't stand posting or reading this or other forums on my phone, but I usually wind up doing that while at work. It makes the posts look a lot longer than on a bigger screen like a tablet or desktop/laptop, etc. It's also a pain in the ass to type more than two sentences. I notice I make a lot of errors when using my phone, gramatically, spelling and sometimes I even leave out two or three words in each post.

Reactions: Henry Killinger

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Tonight's flavor - DBL(Dominican Big Leaguer) Extra Viejo Robusto.

Not bad.

The Wumpus

bottomless pit supervisor
May 9, 2011
Morristown, NJ
Now that hockey is here, how bout some fall weather to go with it? It's supposed to be 84 on Tuesday.

In high school our soccer jerseys were long-sleeve polyester. Weather like this was brutal.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
Does anyone know how to deal with the ads popping up? I'm getting credit card overlays and background ads for avast. It happens about every 5 refreshes and pretty much freezes the website.

Reactions: NjDevs4994

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Have no issues on any other site, but since the change when I have HF open, it is almost non functional

TrufleShufle

Aug 31, 2012
Yea, it is really horrible. It's random too, the one that just takes over your entire screen you have to X out of to even see the page. The worse one is the massive background ad that shrinks the entire page. Was this what the new switch was about? Too many people blocking ads, so they switch to unblock-able, insanely intrusive ads??

I had one of those automatic videos play, but 2 at once, just a split second off from each other. Had my volume up and couldn't find the controls for the videos, had to abandon the page completely... on my phone, that's very often the only option to even see hfboards. "welp this entire page is an add, nothing to click but an insanely small x, if its even there at all, better close everything."

It's crazy that viewing this site is just random, ads just don't let you view it, no choice but to X out and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad