OT: The Thread About Nothing 203

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
92.3 is currently an odd mix. They'll put on more modern stuff, which I'm not even sure how to categorize. But they'll play some Sublime and Nirvana, 90's rock stuff that I dig.

And yeah, the Rat out of point pleasant does not go too far north.
Now we're at a point where Nirvana is considered Classic Rock.

I remember in the late 90's when Classic Rock stations wouldn't even play bands like Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, GNR or pretty much anything newer than 1985, with the exception of Sammy Hagar era Van Halen. You didn't even hear much that was newer than the early 80's, outside of some Van Halen and maybe bands that were already active and popular in the 70's, who carried over their popularity into the 80's.

Reactions: AveryQuietMan

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

I remember in the late 90's when Classic Rock stations wouldn't even play bands like Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, GNR or pretty much anything newer than 1985, with the exception of Sammy Hagar era Van Halen. You didn't even hear much that was newer than the early 80's, outside of some Van Halen and maybe bands that were already active and popular in the 70's, who carried over their popularity into the 80's.

time flies ;)

Reactions: Bleedred

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

They mix in Pearl Jam, Hootie and the Blowfish, and STP. I even heard Soundgarden on Q104.3. I was like...whaaaaaa? I don't know how the >60 crowd handles that.

CBS-FM radio suddenly plays a lot of 90's pop where they were essentially older classic rock for decades

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They mix in Pearl Jam, Hootie and the Blowfish, and STP. I even heard Soundgarden on Q104.3. I was like...whaaaaaa? I don't know how the >60 crowd handles that.

CBS-FM radio suddenly plays a lot of 90's pop where they were essentially older classic rock for decades
Haha I remember when all that stuff was new, although I never listened to it. Outside of the first STP album back when it came out.

I do like Soundgarden though, but nothing after Badmotorfinger. A couple songs here and there after that album were cool, but couldn't take a whole album.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The only time I ever turn on the radio is to listen to the post game show on the way back home.

Other then that I listen to my own stuff on my phone via an auxiliary cord. I'm not wasting my time listening to songs I don't want to hear or even worse... have to hear commercials.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The only time I ever turn on the radio is to listen to the post game show on the way back home.

Other then that I listen to my own stuff on my phone via an auxiliary cord. I'm not wasting my time listening to songs I don't want to hear or even worse... have to hear commercials.
I hear you there.

I definitely don't like any of the music that's played on the radio.

And the stations take too many commercial breaks.

Reactions: Satans Hockey

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
92.3 is currently an odd mix. They'll put on more modern stuff, which I'm not even sure how to categorize. But they'll play some Sublime and Nirvana, 90's rock stuff that I dig.

And yeah, the Rat out of point pleasant does not go too far north.

Well it is advertised as an alt rock station, so the majority of the stuff they currently play definitely fits that bill.

They need to expand their playlists. Repeats too much. If you are going to pull 90s bands out, dig a little deeper and throw some Pearl Jam and Soundgarden on too.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Looks like the EAR / Golden State Killer / Original Night Stalker was caught. Apparently he is an ex cop. Killed 12 people, raped another 50 in parts Norther n(Sacremento) and Souther California,

Patton Oswalt's wife actually was digging deep into this before she died.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The last couple days have been utterly beautiful outside, so of course the new driver I ordered is supposed to arrive today when it's crap out...

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Looks like the EAR / Golden State Killer / Original Night Stalker was caught. Apparently he is an ex cop. Killed 12 people, raped another 50 in parts Norther n(Sacremento) and Souther California,

Patton Oswalt's wife actually was digging deep into this before she died.

Link?

A cold case show was recently on TV about this.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I have recently started podcasts. I thoroughly enjoy the Spittin Chiclets podcast. It now has Paul Bissonette as the third host. It's good stuff. When I use my phone for music I have Amazon music which is solid.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

If I listen to my own stuff consistently I'll burn through all that too.

Listening to the radio at least opens up the possibility of hearing new music. Depending on the station that can be pretty rare. But the college stations do play a lot of music im not familiar with.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
Reactions: None Shall Pass

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010

Dude, I heard Nirvana Muzak in an airport. My head exploded.

I remember when Muzak was Tony Orlando and Dawn. I remember being surprised when Steely Dan showed up in an elevator. I remember freaking out when Zeppelin showed up in car commercials... and now Metallica shows up.

Of course much of today's music is suited to going right to commercials.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
So a reverse white knight?

51wINz3M7RL.jpg

Reactions: PlamsUnlimited
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad