OT: The Thread About Nada Thing Part 202 (Not Much going on these days) Pfffffft

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
In that tweet posted in the replies a bunch of people are saying apparently none of that was accurate.

I did hear they had lost communication to the island(that was earlier today) and given it's a pretty small island with a small population I could see it having a pretty basic infrastructure which could have been out for a bit.

But i've seen nothing that suggests anything near 40' storm surge. Which of coarse would be ridiculous. Maybe 40' waves?

They are predicting 15-20 surge in the Bahamas, which will be pretty darn scary.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Please find a better charity :(

https://secure.americares.org/site/...72.1946876975.1503855566-771809081.1503855566

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/dis...m_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=m_YGHH-N17V_HHNB-LP

Those are two good organizations. The Red Cross has a habit of raising lots of money, providing minimal relief, and refusing to answer where the rest of the money went. The Red Cross gave Hurricane Katrina victims food, shelter and helped them relocate to hotels, and they get reimbursed for it with pre-existing contracts as long as there’s a state or federal disaster declaration. After Hurricane Katrina, victims saw the Red Cross raising a lot of money, yet never actually seeing it used to help. Same with the earthquake in Haiti and 9/11.

Donating to needy causes is great and thank you FJG for being the type to care about others. The Red Cross and Goodwill are just scam businesses hiding behind the unfortunate. I believe the Red Cross gives 8 cents on the dollar back to whatever cause you are donating to. All the while their CEO makes millions of dollars a year. The biggest argument to this is that they are handling so much money that they should be able to have high paid employees but that's a terrible excuse when there are "competing" charities that have their CEOs make nothing or well under 50K a year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm in the minority but I liked Carton and this morning show will now go up in flames which stinks. WFAN is screwed now with Francesca leaving too.

Don't worry, Chris Christie will take over and do a damn good job!:sarcasm::laugh:

I don't like Carton at all. I remember he caused a bunch of controversy saying a bunch of racist stuff over a decade ago, which seems to have been forgotten about. I respect his right to have that opinion, but I also respect my right to think that he's scum because of it. I know he's a wannabe ''Shock jock'', so maybe it was all a stunt. Still in very poor taste. I'm not so PC that I don't think it's alright to laugh at racial comedy, I just don't think that's what it was....

He always came off very pompous, and never wanted to talk about hockey either, despite claiming that he was a big fan.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh and Bleedred, stay safe out there. People are going crazy over Irma.

Thanks! Appreciate it! It looks like I'm not gonna get much, but the Atlantic Coast looks like it could get messed up pretty bad.:(

Hope you're safe too, not really sure where you are in the state? I thought you were near the Gulf too?

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Thanks! Appreciate it! It looks like I'm not gonna get much, but the Atlantic Coast looks like it could get messed up pretty bad.:(

Hope you're safe too, not really sure where you are in the state? I thought you were near the Gulf too?

I'm right near 75 on the Gulf coast about 60 minutes south of Tampa. Even if it is trebding towards the right side of the state our weekend is going to have really bad winds. It did bend back towards the middle of the state the past 6 hours though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm right near 75 on the Gulf coast about 60 minutes south of Tampa. Even if it is trebding towards the right side of the state our weekend is going to have really bad winds. It did bend back towards the middle of the state the past 6 hours though.

I'm a bit north of St Pete and a bit south of Clearwater in Seminole. I hate looking at these computer models and ensembles, as I feel like they change every 3-6 hours!

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Hurricane Jose is a thing too, though at the moment it looks like it's not a threat to the US.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Interesting stat I just saw.

In the mid-to-late 1940s, there were 5 Category 4+ hurricanes that hit South Florida in 5 years. Since then there has only been 1 in the last 67 years (Andrew).

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Interesting stat I just saw.

In the mid-to-late 1940s, there were 5 Category 4+ hurricanes that hit South Florida in 5 years. Since then there has only been 1 in the last 67 years (Andrew).

Which contradicts a lot of people pushing the global warming agenda would have you believe? I'm not trying to open that can of worms though. I will say I do believe global warming and climate change are a real issue, I will not however blame the natural "disasters" and weather events on it.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Which contradicts a lot of people pushing the global warming agenda would have you believe? I'm not trying to open that can of worms though. I will say I do believe global warming and climate change are a real issue, I will not however blame the natural "disasters" and weather events on it.

It isn't an agenda, and you can choose to not think the warming climate isn't having an effect on storm systems. You would be wrong, but you can believe whatever you want.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Which contradicts a lot of people pushing the global warming agenda would have you believe?

Literally, numerically speaking? Yes.

There have actually been very few bad east coast hurricanes in the last 50 years versus what should be expected, which does go against the AGW prediction you mention. In fact, there have been bizarrely few land-falling hurricanes in the last 10 or 15 years. This year, however, meteorologists predicted (and it looks good so far) that this would be a really bad year for hurricanes. There are three right now!

Hat_trickhurricanes.jpg

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Rosenberg must of had a field day with this Carton story. He hates his guts.

Him and a current politician who fancies himself a talk radio host are about the only ones who could take Carton's spot and make me loathe the morning show even worse, and I like Boomer despite his being a Ranger fan. But it'd be nice if his next partner wasn't a TOTAL heel.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

If you listen to the program, it's obvious he's a filthy, degenerate, gambler, so this makes sense.

I just had no idea he was THIS filthy or a degenerate gambler. Losing over $1M in gambling (probably sports I bet) is just incredible. I cant even fathom that kind of thing. Very sad.

Holy ****, this is incredible! No wonder why he loved doing the point spreads every week.

I ****ing abhor this *******. He got fired from 101.5 for trashing Richard Codey's wife's postpartum depression then goes on the FAN sounding like the kid in high school that fancies himself as a jock even though he's the waterboy.

I hope a judge throws the book at him.

I can now listen to Boomer without wanting to jab my eardrums with an awl.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
I don't see Boomer being there a year from now. Why go through the growing pains of another partner? He has plenty of other gigs going with the NFL.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

I dunno, I think if you believe in global warming, you then except that extreme weather is tied to it.

Which is not to say you point to a specific storm and say "look global warming", but if there is global warming, expect there to be more and bigger storms.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It is amazing how consistent Irma has been as far and keeping its intensity.

It has sustained winds of 185 MPh for 33 hours now. That is a record for worldwide tropical cyclones since we started recording them, previously set by Typhoon hayphen in 2013.

Atlantic basin Hurricanes do not usually get this strong for this long. It is utterly fascinating as it is terrifying.

Latest GfS has it tracking east and making landfall into the Carolinas I believe.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
It is amazing how consistent Irma has been as far and keeping its intensity.

It has sustained winds of 185 MPh for 33 hours now. That is a record for worldwide tropical cyclones since we started recording them, previously set by Typhoon hayphen in 2013.

Atlantic basin Hurricanes do not usually get this strong for this long. It is utterly fascinating as it is terrifying.

Latest GfS has it tracking east and making landfall into the Carolinas I believe.

It was at 32 hours consecutively around 8:00pm EST and I believe they said the record previously was 12 hours. This is a monster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad