The Tank Megathread | 5 --- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Double down! Jimson says we're on the right track and we'll be more successful with our young core going forward than the Oilers young core!

I think he's right. We have a brighter future than oilers cause our young players aren't used to losing.
Many people like you keep assuming year after year that the oilers will turn it around eventually. But the fact is they are starting to rebuild to rebuild, you can keep saying that for another 5 years.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
always lmao when I hear people say that the oilers will be fine and all they need to do is flip couple forwards for top pairing defenseman.
How the **** is that gonna happen? They didn't trade RNH for Jones cause they want proven stud instead of young potential and this kind of thought is stupid as hell. What they are doing now is holding on to those forwards and expect to get the world back.
The fact is, every one of them except McDavid are currently bleeding values, but their fans and management still continue to overvalue their own assets.
Remember last season when oilers fans believed that they could get a 1st round pick back for Jeff Perry?

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
always lmao when I hear people say that the oilers will be fine and all they need to do is flip couple forwards for top pairing defenseman.
How the **** is that gonna happen? They didn't trade RNH for Jones cause they want proven stud instead of young potential and this kind of thought is stupid as hell. What they are doing now is holding on to those forwards and expect to get the world back.
The fact is, every one of them except McDavid are currently bleeding values, but their fans and management still continue to overvalue their own assets.
Remember last season when oilers fans believed that they could get a 1st round pick back for Jeff Perry?

Not Draisaitl.

And who the hell is Jeff Perry?

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014
Not Draisaitl.

And who the hell is Jeff Perry?

Yea McDavid, Hall, and Draisaitl seem to be either elite or very good talents. Hopkins and Eberle are pretty good players to. Klefbom's a good defence man and Nurse still has huge potential. Acting like they've got nothing and will always suck is just denial. All of those guys are pretty much better then any of our young guys in their respective positions.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Not to mention RNH is nowhere near as good as Johansen.

There's not a chance in hell Nashville would have taken RNH over Johansen in a one for one trade.

I don't mind that they keep wasting away like they've been doing, but these years of suckage have undoubtedly given them a tremendous number of opportunities and assets to rebuild - they simply failed at making any progress because the Oiler's management, not unlike Lindenningbrod, are a bunch of regressive dinosaurs still living in the past.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The Oilers will become a good team eventually.

You can't keep stockpiling that much talent and not get anywhere.

McDavid, Hall, RNH, Eberle, Drasaitl, Nurse, Yakupov, Reinhart, Schultz, top 5 pick this year.

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yea McDavid, Hall, and Draisaitl seem to be either elite or very good talents. Hopkins and Eberle are pretty good players to. Klefbom's a good defence man and Nurse still has huge potential. Acting like they've got nothing and will always suck is just denial. All of those guys are pretty much better then any of our young guys in their respective positions.

Keep in mind half those guys are already overpaid, likely won't be taking pay cuts going forward and are laughably bad at everything that's not offense.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
I think he's right. We have a brighter future than oilers cause our young players aren't used to losing.
Many people like you keep assuming year after year that the oilers will turn it around eventually. But the fact is they are starting to rebuild to rebuild, you can keep saying that for another 5 years.

Not a chance :laugh: You're underestimating how good McDavid is going to be... he's a generational talent... Plus they went out in the offseason and added one of the best coaches in the league and a pretty damn good GM. They have better players, better management, better coaching. The reason they've sucked for so long was because prior to this season they had piss poor management, but that's changed, and I think we'll see that start to pay dividends pretty quickly.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

They have something, they will always have young talents which came from the team being bad so there will always be hope. But young talents doesn't equals to winning, there is a point when the fans getting sick of picking top 3
( which we probably won't understand)
They probably won't suck forever but if they continue to hold on to everyone, they are due to another decade of embarrassment. One team can only sell so many hopes.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not a chance :laugh: You're underestimating how good McDavid is going to be... he's a generational talent... Plus they went out in the offseason and added one of the best coaches in the league and a pretty damn good GM. They have better players, better management, better coaching. The reason they've sucked for so long was because prior to this season they had piss poor management, but that's changed, and I think we'll see that start to pay dividends pretty quickly.
Oh hell Im not underrating McDavid, he's gonna be the best eventually. But hockey is a team sports, right now I just don't believe they can turn it around in the next 5 years.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
The Oilers will become a good team eventually.

You can't keep stockpiling that much talent and not get anywhere.

McDavid, Hall, RNH, Eberle, Drasaitl, Nurse, Yakupov, Reinhart, Schultz, top 5 pick this year.

Their D-corps makes our guys look like multiple Norris winners.

Their goalies are so bad even if you barricade the net with sandbags barbed wires and landmines they will still let in goal after goal after goal.

They basically need at the VERY least 3 NHL level D plus a true NHL starting goalie before even hoping to be a playoff contender.

And they have not shown the willingness to trade any of their forwards. All they keep doing is signing washed up players and hope to get lucky.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Their D-corps makes our guys look like multiple Norris winners.

Their goalies are so bad even if you barricade the net with sandbags barbed wires and landmines they will still let in goal after goal after goal.

They basically need at the VERY least 3 NHL level D plus a true NHL starting goalie before even hoping to be a playoff contender.

And they have not shown the willingness to trade any of their forwards. All they keep doing is signing washed up players and hope to get lucky.
It's funny cause I just read a post on the oilers board that says" why can't we get some actual NHL defenseman?"
I was thinking like" Um, cause your team's management decides that instead of flipping assets like Everle and RNH for multiple normal NHL defensemen , they want to get a proven stud top pairing D....so there's that."
Btw, didn't they sign Hall, RNH and Eberle all to a multi years 6m annually contract as soon as they came off from their ELC so they won't lose them? That's ridiculous.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
McDavid alone makes them like 20x better. They probably draft Chychurn this year if possible.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Yikes...watching the Oil blow that 3-1 lead in the desert!...just no way they're not going to be serious players in the Matthews sweepstakes....would be a killer.....and the Jackets went down again....they're almost out of reach....once the 'Nucks get through this latest six-game roadie, they'll be loaded up for home games down the stretch...doubt we'll be drafting in the top-five now unfortunately.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
It's funny cause I just read a post on the oilers board that says" why can't we get some actual NHL defenseman?"
I was thinking like" Um, cause your team's management decides that instead of flipping assets like Everle and RNH for multiple normal NHL defensemen , they want to get a proven stud top pairing D....so there's that."
Btw, didn't they sign Hall, RNH and Eberle all to a multi years 6m annually contract as soon as they came off from their ELC so they won't lose them? That's ridiculous.

D men are VERY difficult to cultivate and are quite valuable. At this point a proven stud D will probably require Oilers to give up one of their young forwards PLUS a 1st round pick.

McD looks great, sure, but this is a team sport. Just look at Crosby and the Penguins. And the other side of the pole I look at the Hawks, they have a gen talent in Kane, plus some great compliment players. They've lost some valuable players in the past like Byfuglien and Saad/Sharp/Oduya but the Hawks still manage to recognize talents from other sources such as Panarin, and make the best use of their farm players such as Teravainen.

OK I'm gonna stop now. Talking about the Oilers makes my brain cells wanna hang themselves.

Regarding our situation, I feel that it is unlikely for the Canucks to end up with higher than 10th pick, thanks to the dumb fnck lotto system. One good thing is that in the past few games Horvat Baer and Virt have been quite active, hopefully they can continue to develop themselves. But seriously, how much longer must we endure the team's mediocrity...

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Not to mention RNH is nowhere near as good as Johansen.

There's not a chance in hell Nashville would have taken RNH over Johansen in a one for one trade.

I don't mind that they keep wasting away like they've been doing, but these years of suckage have undoubtedly given them a tremendous number of opportunities and assets to rebuild - they simply failed at making any progress because the Oiler's management, not unlike Lindenningbrod, are a bunch of regressive dinosaurs still living in the past.

You do realize that scotty bowman would be considered a dinosaur. What era is lombardi from.

Why do you keep insulting people you will never meet. ****ing weird.

Players i can get. But ripping on management that isnt even bad its like what.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
And the Canucks will be saying that for another decade

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver
Neh, I do believes that our future is atleast brighter than Oilers even with McDavid becoming the best player in the world.
Prospects wise:

Sedins retire and we're leaning on Bo and McCann.

They have McDavid and Draisaitl.

They have Nurse on D. We have nobody on D.

Their C depth is better. They aren't sheltered behind the Sedins

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Prospects wise:

Sedins retire and we're leaning on Bo and McCann.

They have McDavid and Draisaitl.

They have Nurse on D. We have nobody on D.

Their C depth is better. They aren't sheltered behind the Sedins

A challenger approaches: ryan johansen

Nashville hasnt won with him yet. What if they out right suck. Doesnt look so likely he wont come home now does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad