The Tank Megathread | 5 --- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
In 5-10 years people will be using us as an example of why you should tank. By then the Oilers/Sabres tank model will have finally paid off and we will still be looking for a high-end lottery pick franchise player to add to our collection of solid but not quite spectacular players.

We'll be the Minnesota Wild while the Oilers/Sabres will be like the Blackhawks/Kings.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Yap, only took the oilers 20 years and they might not even win it all

Congratulations you not only made up stats but you also picked the outlier that will likely prove you oh so wrong sooner rather than later.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
In 5-10 years people will be using us as an example of why you should tank. By then the Oilers/Sabres tank model will have finally paid off and we will still be looking for a high-end lottery pick franchise player to add to our collection of solid but not quite spectacular players.
As an edmonton oilers fan, i don't know if this is the right way to go. When do you draw the line where the rebuild has gone far too long? As you can see, the players have now develop a loser attitude in the dressing room, which is still hard to get rid of even with competent coaching.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Congratulations you not only made up stats but you also picked the outlier that will likely prove you oh so wrong sooner rather than later.
You're the guy that said the Oilers will be like the Blackhawks, probably the silliest thing said on this entire forum today, and that's saying a lot

:laugh:

Oilers...:laugh:...like the Blackhawks ... :laugh:

Thanks for the larf. Great stuff

Love

Feb 29, 2012
You're the guy that said the Oilers will be like the Blackhawks, probably the silliest thing said on this entire forum today, and that's saying a lot

:laugh:

Oilers...:laugh:...like the Blackhawks ... :laugh:

Thanks for the larf. Great stuff

They are about 1000x more likely to become the Blackhawks than we are fyi

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Double down! Jimson says we're on the right track and we'll be more successful with our young core going forward than the Oilers young core!
The Oilers young core will want out of Edmonton before they win all those cups.

So weird, there has been a group of Canucks fans who- for the past few years have just been envious of that Oilers franchise and always predicts that this next one will be there year!

Love

Feb 29, 2012

I didn't know that you knew the young players of the Oilers and what they will want in their future. You have an unfair advantage, therefore there is no point in continuing this off topic debate.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
As an edmonton oilers fan, i don't know if this is the right way to go. When do you draw the line where the rebuild has gone far too long? As you can see, the players have now develop a loser attitude in the dressing room, which is still hard to get rid of even with competent coaching.

Oh their rebuild has gone on way too long but I'd think that getting McDavid makes the last few years worth it.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Oh I agree. But Biega's actually been our second or third best dman a lot of nights so sending him down on top of Sbisa jumping back in will be a Tanker's dream :)

I know, but it's hard to dick Biega around considering how he hard he has played to earn that spot.

Yossarian54

Oct 12, 2011
Perth, WA
San Jose have really started to click the last few games, they should push us out.

Just need the Coyotes to keep up their play.

Points percentage wise we're not looking too bad for the tank. Just need one run of losses before the deadline and I think we're set.

The Drop

Rain Drop, Drop Top
Jul 12, 2015
Vancouver

So weird, there has been a group of Canucks fans who- for the past few years have just been envious of that Oilers franchise and always predicts that this next one will be there year!

Why are you posting in the tank thread? You're the one who was shouting about how great this team was and how they're going in the right direction.

A tank team doesn't trade away picks and be tight against the cap.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
I know, but it's hard to dick Biega around considering how he hard he has played to earn that spot.

Oh for sure, I'm just looking at the silver lining of Sbisa coming back. Honesty it's meant as a compliment of Biega if anything. He's played well but isn't going to take the spot of golden boy Sbisa. Not under Benning or WD's watch.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Still got a point which is nice

Watched 3rd period + OT just for fun, plus some highlights.

Basically Oilers pissed away a 3-1 lead, gave Domi a hat trick, failed to scored in OT despite being in Yotes' zone against tired defenders for half a minute, took an incredibly dumb penalty near OT's end and proceed to hand the win to the Yotes on a silver platter.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Watched 3rd period + OT just for fun, plus some highlights.

Basically Oilers pissed away a 3-1 lead, gave Domi a hat trick, failed to scored in OT despite being in Yotes' zone against tired defenders for half a minute, took an incredibly dumb penalty near OT's end and proceed to hand the win to the Yotes on a silver platter.

They had the Coyotes at their mercy, they couldn't even move in the 3 on 3 shift and the Oilers never even hit the net with 2 clear shots from the slot.

Then Hall takes a bad penalty which loses them the game.

That core has gotten so used to losing that they actually may have to start over their rebuild around McDavid. Pathetic team.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
They had the Coyotes at their mercy, they couldn't even move in the 3 on 3 shift and the Oilers never even hit the net with 2 clear shots from the slot.

Then Hall takes a bad penalty which loses them the game.

That core has gotten so used to losing that they actually may have to start over their rebuild around McDavid. Pathetic team.

McDavid is definitely the man in Edmonton already despite only playing 13 games. When he was in the lineup they were a different team and had a different vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad