Movies: The Suicide Squad (August 2021)

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm not sure if she knew about the kid eating thing until Flag mentioned it.

She said she would look for red flags in her next bf she wouldn’t date the weasel but killing kids is a red flag.

Exactly!

Flag tells her that weasel ate a bunch of kids and she gushes like a schoolgirl.

Then, a day later she murders her boyfriend because he wants to kill kids.

Very poor writing. :thumbu:

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
How does that qualify as bad writing?

Yeah, I don't read the comics, but I'm pretty sure Harley isn't supposed to be a pillar of calm, rational, and consistent thought. From what I know that sounds exactly like something she would do.

Reactions: Hivemind

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
How does that qualify as bad writing?

Flag tells her that Weasel ate a bunch of kids and she gushes like a schoolgirl.

Therefore, she accepts that Weasel killed kids and it's okay.

So, killing kids is not okay.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Flag tells her that Weasel ate a bunch of kids and she gushes like a schoolgirl.

I guess killing kids is not ok from a boyfriend.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia

Once again, it’s not because she has some soft spot for kids. She kills him because he shows red flags that remind her of The Joker. She even says this out loud. She vowed to end any relationships with red flags, and she knows that relationships with the kind of men she’s attracted to can only end one way (death).

She wasn’t in a relationship with Weasel. Weasel didn’t remind her of The Joker. You’re completely missing the point here, and being intentionally obtuse while doing so. It’s not about protecting children, it’s about protecting herself from the emotional abuse that a psychotic boyfriend inflicts on her.

While we’re at it, her “gushing” about Weasel happens BEFORE Flag mentions kids. Her so called “gushing” is excitedly clapping while asking if he’s a werewolf, which is what prompts Flag to explain Weasel.

Last edited:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I liked they just went full on villain with Waller here. There is a reason even Batman will stay out of her way if he can in the comics.

Movie was lots of fun. Killed a few characters I wish they didn't though.

Not sure why Cena is getting shit. He did a good job in this movie.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Fantastic movie. As someone who doesn't enjoy Marvel's by the books superhero movies this was a great switch up.

Nanaue was the cutest human eating shark lol little guy just wanted friends and to eat.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Once again, it’s not because she has some soft spot for kids. She kills him because he shows red flags that remind her of The Joker. She even says this out loud. She vowed to end any relationships with red flags, and she knows that relationships with the kind of men she’s attracted to can only end one way (death).

She wasn’t in a relationship with Weasel. Weasel didn’t remind her of The Joker. You’re completely missing the point here, and being intentionally obtuse while doing so. It’s not about protecting children, it’s about protecting herself from the emotional abuse that a psychotic boyfriend inflicts on her.

While we’re at it, her “gushing” about Weasel happens BEFORE Flag mentions kids. Her so called “gushing” is excitedly clapping while asking if he’s a werewolf, which is what prompts Flag to explain Weasel.

It's still bad writing! :laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's still bad writing! :laugh:
It's really not, though. There are valid reasons you can criticize that scene (it's inclusion doesn't really serve the overall plot and it's basically just there as a make-up for the last movie failing at the relationship between her and The Joker), but your complaint is ridiculous. I thought this movie did a lot to cater to the lowest common denominator in terms of over-explaining some things (like when the bearded dude working for Waller literally said "did he just threaten to kill his kid?" to make sure everybody understood her threat), but I guess you are a denominator too low even for this movie.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It's really not, though. There are valid reasons you can criticize that scene (it's inclusion doesn't really serve the overall plot and it's basically just there as a make-up for the last movie failing at the relationship between her and The Joker), but your complaint is ridiculous. I thought this movie did a lot to cater to the lowest common denominator in terms of over-explaining some things (like when the bearded dude working for Waller literally said "did he just threaten to kill his kid?" to make sure everybody understood her threat), but I guess you are a denominator too low even for this movie.

Gee, @Hivemind can you be any more clear how much you hate me just because I don't agree with you!?! :laugh:

I still think it's just a poorly written movie! :)

Your passive aggressive taunting and lengthy diatribes are a waste of energy. :thumbu:

If you don't like me just hit the "ignore" button and you won't see any of my posts. :)

Have a great day and you're welcome! :)

Sep 19, 2008
I know we are supposed to shit on DC but this movie has so many positive reviews that I may actually go see it. Last DC movie I saw was Joker :laugh:

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Gee, @Hivemind can you be any more clear how much you hate me just because I don't agree with you!?! :laugh:

I still think it's just a poorly written movie! :)

Your passive aggressive taunting and lengthy diatribes are a waste of energy. :thumbu:

If you don't like me just hit the "ignore" button and you won't see any of my posts. :)

Have a great day and you're welcome! :)

I don't hate you, I just have a strong distaste for poorly formed opinions. If you based your opinion upon something accurate, I could easily see your point and either agree with it or agree to disagree. But you've based your opinion on a fundamental misunderstanding of something the writers went to a great distance to explain to even the most stoned member of the audience, and you still managed to take away the wrong point. At that point it's not poor writing, it's that you're a poor viewer. :laugh:

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Not bad, I think it could have used better joke writing because most of the jokes fell flat for me. Compare it to a movie like Deadpool 1&2 where the joke writing was great throughout and it didn’t matter where to story went because I was laughing most of the time.

It’s definitely watchable due to its wildness and unpredictability

Reactions: Primary Assist

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
This was pretty good, much better than the other one.

Kinda felt like a horror movie in that you're sitting there like "ok whose next" I thought King Shark was done for like 3x. (RIP Milton :( ) Was surprised they killed off Captain Boomerang and so early in the movie. Seemed like he was one of the standouts of the first movie. Very surprised they killed Flag.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I liked they just went full on villain with Waller here. There is a reason even Batman will stay out of her way if he can in the comics.

Movie was lots of fun. Killed a few characters I wish they didn't though.

Not sure why Cena is getting shit. He did a good job in this movie.

He was pushed too much and buried a fan favorite.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I don't hate you, I just have a strong distaste for poorly formed opinions. If you based your opinion upon something accurate, I could easily see your point and either agree with it or agree to disagree. But you've based your opinion on a fundamental misunderstanding of something the writers went to a great distance to explain to even the most stoned member of the audience, and you still managed to take away the wrong point. At that point it's not poor writing, it's that you're a poor viewer. :laugh:

OMG, you don't hate me, you love me!!! :laugh:

Have a great day! :thumbu:

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
This was pretty good, much better than the other one.

Kinda felt like a horror movie in that you're sitting there like "ok whose next" I thought King Shark was done for like 3x. (RIP Milton :( ) Was surprised they killed off Captain Boomerang and so early in the movie. Seemed like he was one of the standouts of the first movie. Very surprised they killed Flag.

I was very afraid King Shark was going to die. They did a good job getting me to care about him. Credit to them for making me care about Flag at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad