Movies: The Suicide Squad (August 2021)

Sep 19, 2008
after researching further it appears this is a soft reboot of the original Suicide Squad (the one that was JUST made a few years ago)

I doubt I will watch despite the appearances of Heimdall and John Cena

I just find it curious how there are going to be 2 Suicide Squad origin movies. Then again there are 2 Justice Leagues :rolleyes: The overlay between the two (Waller and Harley in both as well as Rick Flag) doesn't make sense either.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Hell of a cast for a shit film like that. I like the idea of having Sylvester Stallone as King Shark, but the creature looked better in The Flash (never thought I'd say that... the CGI was disgusting though).

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
DC really needs to get their act together and stop throwing out the same 3 films. People like continuity and a larger universe (cough... MCU). DC has all of the pieces - just need to put it together.

Also, I'm not familiar with Sharkman, but it looks horrendous in this trailer. Hope this is an unpolished cut.

blueandgoldguy

Oct 8, 2010
Greg's River Heights
after researching further it appears this is a soft reboot of the original Suicide Squad (the one that was JUST made a few years ago)

I doubt I will watch despite the appearances of Heimdall and John Cena

I just find it curious how there are going to be 2 Suicide Squad origin movies. Then again there are 2 Justice Leagues :rolleyes: The overlay between the two (Waller and Harley in both as well as Rick Flag) doesn't make sense either.

Obviously it's the DC Multiverse. This will all be explained in a future movie to tie everything together.:sarcasm:

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
James Gunn knows how to make these movies. It should be fine.

Pretty much this. If anyone knows Gunn's resume and wheelhouse, this movie is right up his alley, especially with the R rating. I'm hoping it's fun and odd and I have have some faith. That said, it clearly won't be everyone's cup of tea. Gunn has some oddball humor sometimes and it's in full effect in that trailer, and it looks like it's gonna deliver the action. R rating shows he's gonna be pushing some boundaries just a question of which ones (Language with jokes, yes. Violence, most likely. Graphic stuff and possibly slither-esque visuals, maybe). Probably gonna be a fun whacked out right, for better or worse, but again not everyone's cup of tea.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Pretty much this. If anyone knows Gunn's resume and wheelhouse, this movie is right up his alley, especially with the R rating. I'm hoping it's fun and odd and I have have some faith. That said, it clearly won't be everyone's cup of tea. Gunn has some oddball humor sometimes and it's in full effect in that trailer, and it looks like it's gonna deliver the action. R rating shows he's gonna be pushing some boundaries just a question of which ones (Language with jokes, yes. Violence, most likely. Graphic stuff and possibly slither-esque visuals, maybe). Probably gonna be a fun whacked out right, for better or worse, but again not everyone's cup of tea.

He definitely is deep diving into DC's more obscure and weird characters. f***ing Starro is the villian.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
As a DC fanboy who’s been starved for good live action content over the last decade (and continues to be), I’m hopeful. I’m probably foolish, as well, but I’m hopeful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->