OT: The story behind your username

DevilDog

The Original Dog
Mar 2, 2007
Dirty Jerz
I used to love those snack cakes as a kid. Also chocodiles, Twinkies, Swiss rolls, and those cream filled cupcakes. I'm sure they were really bad for us.
Yes Hostess and Drakes were well represented in my childhood home. I recall my way of eating Twinkies was even crazier. I would bite off the ends, peel off the top, lick the cream out, then eat the rest.

To be fair I don’t think our parents had any idea what a healthy diet was back in the 80s lol

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Yes Hostess and Drakes were well represented in my childhood home. I recall my way of eating Twinkies was even crazier. I would bite off the ends, peel off the top, lick the cream out, then eat the rest.

To be fair I don’t think our parents had any idea what a healthy diet was back in the 80s lol
Yeah but, most of us put all of that sugar to use!

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Yeah but, most of us put all of that sugar to use!
I have a memory of shoving the back half of a second cheeseburger into my mouth while jumping on my bicycle to ride easily 5-7 miles to my friend's house across town. I'm sure I had also had some side dish with the burgers. If I ate before exercising now I'm sure I'd throw up in minutes. I am sure most kids back in the day ate junk food and swam afterwards even though they told us we'd cramp up and drown.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have a memory of shoving the back half of a second cheeseburger into my mouth while jumping on my bicycle to ride easily 5-7 miles to my friend's house across town. I'm sure I had also had some side dish with the burgers. If I ate before exercising now I'm sure I'd throw up in minutes. I am sure most kids back in the day ate junk food and swam afterwards even though they told us we'd cramp up and drown.
I regularly eat and swim.

As long as you don't overdo it, I think it's fine. No really big meals or anything.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And Dano is friends with that POS which is proof positive that CTE is real.
That shit is worse than seeing Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart hugging each other.

Not that I have a problem with Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart being friendly or hugging each other. I'm glad they're at least cordial again.

But surely you can see the difference between wrestling and hockey?

Dano and Tie being such buds on TV is really sickening. It just doesn't feel right. Tie Domi is one of the biggest villains in Devils history.

There's guys we hated just because they played for our rivals and then there's Tie Domi........

Reactions: glenwo2

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I used to love those snack cakes as a kid. Also chocodiles, Twinkies, Swiss rolls, and those cream filled cupcakes. I'm sure they were really bad for us.

My father worked for Hostess cake when I was a kid. There were times he would let my brother and I go crazy in the section of the depot where they kept 1 day out of code cakes. Those things had so many preservatives they would be good for another couple years. Those were the days. You would never get away with that now :laugh:

We used to have street hockey tournaments in the depot with the racks of cakes used as boards lol

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
I liked this - cause it caught me up with a couple of posters who changed their name.

Mine's been this one most of the time here. It was a dumb joke from highschool. Someone would say something that was A) stupid B) I didn't understand or C) annoying... so i would just respond "Mr Bojangles... what?". Cool story

The avatar... I brewed some beer way back in like 2009. @Richer's Ghost helped create the label for me. "Game Winning Lager". Formula 26. With Patrik Elias on the front... a picture of him celebrating the 6th goal of the game, in a 8-5 win vs. the Rangers at the Rock.... Dec 2008. So essentially it was the game-winning goal.

Yes - i still have one bottle w/ the label. Hope RG does too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad