OT: The story behind your username

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I was on another forum, which wasn't even a hockey forum, but there was a thread about hockey on it and one guy who was a Rangers fan said ''I bleed blue like no other''.

So I thought ''Then I bleed red like no other''.

Obviously, Bleedredlikenoother or IBLEEDREDLIKENOOTHER is a bit too long of a name and is just excessive and just doesn't sound as right, so I shortened it just Bleedred.

That's actually a true story.

I used to have another name long ago, probably GOALIESAREOVERRATED or IHATETHATBLIMPGARTHSNOWANDHISHUGEPADS or something. That last one probably way exceeds the character limit, so it probably wasn't that.

I didn't get a smart phone/iPhone until 2013. When I found all the emoji's, this guy was the funniest and coolest looking one. I thought he described me perfectly, particularly when I'm not in a good mood. After looking up what it meant, it's apparently called Japanese goblin mask. It's either been my avatar or in my avatar ever since. Around 2016 or so, Apple changed him slightly. My version is the pre-2016 or whatever year's version of it.

This one was photoshopped by @NjDevsRR onto Dano. I didn't ask him to do it, but he did it one day and I figured it was an opportunity to make it my permanent avatar, which it has been for about 2 years now, other than during the playoffs.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Mine is pretty boring: I've been playing guitar since I was nine years old, and I still love playing and working on my guitars as a hobby.

Avatar is of a flag some fans had at game 7 against the Rangers last year. I took a picture of it as they prominently waved it at dejected Rangers fans post-game on Mulberry St. I feel like the saying really captures the Devils identity as a franchise ever since I first became a fan in '94.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Woah so not a wrestling fan?

source.gif

I made the same assumption.

BringBackTheRats

Mar 13, 2012
Albany, NY
The Devils should have never rebranded their AHL team to the "Albany Devils" when they came back here. There is mixed support of every northeastern team up here, but they all would support the River Rats cause they gave the Capital District some identity. The marketing team under Lou did not do research into that. After the switch, fans of other teams only ever came out when say Hartford or Providence were in town.

In short, I miss professional hockey in Albany.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I used to be pretty active in the computer online underground before the internet. I used a different username in the non-underground realm but I’d picked it when I was 12 or so, and I don’t use it much anymore except in one particular instance of nostalgia software. So when I signed up here after lurking for a couple of years I went with the underground username. This isn’t based on the movie, but the Rush song which is about the Beaufort wind scale.

The avatar was made for me here! I just haven’t changed it - I come and go and it was a few years between activity

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm not particularly creative when it comes to thinking up user names, so "HBK" is just short for "Hoboken" which is where I enjoyed living at the time I signed up and 27 is for Niedermayer, who was my favorite Devil.
This thread is interesting

Cause here I always thought you were a Shawn Michaels fan and never would have known it was for Hoboken.

Reactions: PizzaAndPucks

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I was on another forum, which wasn't even a hockey forum, but there was a thread about hockey on it and one guy who was a Rangers fan said ''I bleed blue like no other''.

So I thought ''Then I bleed red like no other''.

Obviously, Bleedredlikenoother or IBLEEDREDLIKENOOTHER is a bit too long of a name and is just excessive and just doesn't sound as right, so I shortened it just Bleedred.

That's actually a true story.

I used to have another name long ago, probably GOALIESAREOVERRATED or IHATETHATBLIMPGARTHSNOWANDHISHUGEPADS or something. That last one probably way exceeds the character limit, so it probably wasn't that.

I didn't get a smart phone/iPhone until 2013. When I found all the emoji's, this guy was the funniest and coolest looking one. I thought he described me perfectly, particularly when I'm not in a good mood. After looking up what it meant, it's apparently called Japanese goblin mask. It's either been my avatar or in my avatar ever since. Around 2016 or so, Apple changed him slightly. My version is the pre-2016 or whatever year's version of it.

This one was photoshopped by @NjDevsRR onto Dano. I didn't ask him to do it, but he did it one day and I figured it was an opportunity to make it my permanent avatar, which it has been for about 2 years now, other than during the playoffs.

I think I remember you posting here ages ago under 'KenKlee4Lyfe'

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad