OT: The story behind your username

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Aesop Rock put out an album called "None Shall Pass" around when I joined, and I thought that was a cool username, and all the other usernames I had used on other sites/games/etc were already taken.

Then the God Cory Schneider has "None shall pass" painted on one of his masks while he played here, which was a fun coincidence.

The avatar is from last season's playoffs, which is Dano and Erika from a Genucel commercial.
You can make up whatever story you want. The correct answer is it's from Monty Python. Maybe it was coopted by someone else but unless that album or Cory's mask came out before 1975 it's ultimately a Monty Python reference.

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas
My name is just a tip of the cap to Pavel Zacha's 20-21 season when he led the team in goals and points and everyone here was still all poopie pants about him.
Previous name was Vegas P11 because I was living in Las Vegas at the time and P11 is the body code for the 1998 -2002 Infiniti G20 (Nissan Primera).

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Favorite Song
Favorite Record
Favorite Band (tied with the boys in my avatar)
that's about it ...

great thread!

great album

Screen Shot 2023-12-27 at 6.58.17 PM.png

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Woah so not a wrestling fan?

This thread is interesting

Cause here I always thought you were a Shawn Michaels fan and never would have known it was for Hoboken.

Ha - no, haven’t watched wrestling since the days of Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant.

I also had no idea until just now that “HBK” was associated with Shawn Michaels.

My3Sons

Sponsor
The Pride of Stockholm is Djurgårdens name that they Call themselves. If you ask any of the other Big Stockholm clubs they would Call us something else.
And the avatar is the Badge of the Third Swedish marine battalion that I served four Two years

Sweden looks like a beautiful country and I would live to visit someday. But my perception is that it must be very cold and dark in the winter.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Sweden looks like a beautiful country and I would live to visit someday. But my perception is that it must be very cold and dark in the winter.

not a lot of light that's for sure... just over 6 hours at the lowest time

compare to quito, equador's capital right on the equator, same day, every day, always....

sounds depressing as hell having the sun go down around 6 pm all year round

(i nerd out on things like this and maps)

Last edited:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Iconic, that's how they will remember this handle...

Lurked for a good two years (found the site during the 04-05 lockout), before signing up. The Parise and Zajac picks specifically brought me here, I wanted to find out more about the future of the NJ Devils.

It's funny, I am a big Southampton FC fan and have lurked their main fans forum for going on 20 years. Never signed up. Bizarre behaviour really....

My3Sons

Sponsor
Big fan of Tolkien here, and was once concurrently 14, reading the Silmarillion, and needing a username to play WARCRAFT 3: REIGN OF CHAOS

I was able to read thr Hobbit but I tried the Fellowship of the Ring and the Silmarillion and they were slow and dense reads for me and I gave up. My loss and I wish I had been able to get into them. The movies were fun but I’m sure they don’t do the books justice.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Mine is a combination. The Mad comes from a very obscure nickname (Mad Vornskr) in an obscure Star Wars book back in the day (Thrawn Trilogy geeks will know what a vornskr is), which I also used as my username on the old Force.net forums. When I first discovered hockey message boards I figured I'd combine my two biggest fandoms into one, MadDevil. I was also a bit of a hothead back then, so the Mad could have applied to me in a lot of ways.:laugh:

I always look at your sign up date and find it weird how we joined within days of each other and that we are both still active here. Weird in a "huh, funny old world innit" kind of way.

Cheers mate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad