Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Game 1 Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Going old school here.

Alyissa Milano really did know how to wear her Pens' gear.

2136024334_3949ec5ac2.jpg

Though I do admit that Bieber is the prettier girl.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
The needs to start ASAP...

Never thought I'd long for Fallout Boys...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I only know Manganiello because mY wife is a huge fan of True Blood and I was forced to watch the entire show. He seems like a great human being. His interview on Mark Madden within the past year or so was one of the best I've heard. Genuinely down to Earth, intelligent, and caring without the condescending or holier than thou attitude that most celebrities/athletes seem to have. He was doing some type of work with Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, which was why he was on the show.

The guy is a Yinzer at heart. So easy to like.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
According to some radio callers the Preds will win both at home. Thus, tonight is a must win for the Pens apparently.

It will be difficult to win in Nashville. This game tonight is very important. Win it, and you have Nashville really starting to doubt. Lose it and Pens doubt big time. They didn't deserve game 1. If they go and lose game 2, it's hard to really fully believe you deserve the Cup.

Doubt will creep in to one team tonight. Doesn't mean their series is over, but lack of confidence on the grandest of stage can end things quick.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Follow the link to Micah's proposed new model for goalie evaluation. It is pretty involved what goes into it, and shows what goes into all of his models:

http://hockeyviz.com/txt/sGA

Murray was near the top, but surprisingly Fleury was right up there as well. Not like Murray but pretty damn good.

Could play heavily into the market for him either with Vegas or elsewhere. If I am Calgary I am all over him and calling JR right now.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
It will be difficult to win in Nashville. This game tonight is very important. Win it, and you have Nashville really starting to doubt. Lose it and Pens doubt big time. They didn't deserve game 1. If they go and lose game 2, it's hard to really fully believe you deserve the Cup.

Doubt will creep in to one team tonight. Doesn't mean their series is over, but lack of confidence on the grandest of stage can end things quick.

I think Pens defied all of those "mind games", "psychological patterns" whatever..
if there was ever a team that takes one game at times (to throw in that cliche) that would be this Pens team.

I am laughing at radio guys and pundits ever since the play off starts for their every game predictions "this game is the most important" this game would break their will" etc..

so would it be better if we win, heck Yes, but omly because its one game closer to game 4. Do I think that matters that we played in nashville, nope, I mean we played game 7 in crazy Verizon center against the team taht was supremely confident after winning two straight and pretty much dominating us, only to see Pens just turning a new page....

I will just lay back and enjoy this time..

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

I could maybe see the Pens starting to doubt themselves if Nashville dominates them again and gets the win. Even then I wouldn't necessarily count them out. This team is too resilient.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I could maybe see the Pens starting to doubt themselves if Nashville dominates them again and gets the win. Even then I wouldn't necessarily count them out. This team is too resilient.

Yeah, Columbus and Wash dominated them at times as well. Still found ways to win.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
Follow the link to Micah's proposed new model for goalie evaluation. It is pretty involved what goes into it, and shows what goes into all of his models:

http://hockeyviz.com/txt/sGA

Murray was near the top, but surprisingly Fleury was right up there as well. Not like Murray but pretty damn good.

Could play heavily into the market for him either with Vegas or elsewhere. If I am Calgary I am all over him and calling JR right now.

This also shows that the team plays better in front of Murray, because he is much closer to the red line, meaning he faced "easier shots" Whether this is because the team plays better or his rebound control, I'm not sure.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Debating whether it is worth me staying up as long as I can just to watch the first period...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
If Hagelin can't go tonight, that's really going to suck. In that case, hopefully Sullivan puts Archibald in for either Wilson or Rowney.

Sully also has to get Kessel going at 5 on 5. He's been pretty much a non-factor much of these players at even strength, and that's while playing beside the playoff scoring leader 90% of the time. That's unacceptable.

I also wish Sully would put Ruhwedel in for Hainsey, but that's wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad