Pre-Game Talk: THE STANLEY CUP FINAL | Penguins vs. Predators | Game 1 Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Preds 4-0 following a loss this year. Rinne letting up a total of 4 goals. Small sample size, but we need to play much better tonight.

Murray has to have one of his best games

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
6 to 2 Pens. With every Pens' goal because of ref bias and the league wanting the Pens to win.

GpNOIZQ.gif

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
6 to 2 Pens. With every Pens' goal because of ref bias and the league wanting the Pens to win.

OR an easy Preds win, because the Refs don't want to make it look to obvious that that they know the Pens will win in 6.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
Laviollette used to have this thing where if his team was playing a goaltender who was good at moving the puck his guys would replace dump-ins with slapshots on net from just outside the line. The forecheckers' jobs were to either chase down the rebound or try to close in fast enough that the goalie would freeze it for the whistle.

Pens should maybe look into that.
good point billy.....i know for a fact it wont work on the 1st line b/c of a certain guy

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
It seems that almost any time music is brought up by hockey folk, I should just save myself some time and bore a hole in my skull.

But you all have excellent taste in hockey teams.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
This schedule is crazy. If this goes 7 there's over 2 weeks of hockey left. It does prevent players from getting too worn out tho.

Murray undefeated at home this year, preds undefeated coming off a loss. Who breaks?

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
This schedule is crazy. If this goes 7 there's over 2 weeks of hockey left. It does prevent players from getting too worn out tho.

Murray undefeated at home this year, preds undefeated coming off a loss. Who breaks?

I break because I have 6 beers already and its 1,5 hours until puck drop :(

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

What is MM's home record? what is the Preds record after a loss?

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
you mean 1.5 hours until they announce that the anthem singer will be coming right up, after this break :cry:

Dude don't get me started on that. Just let me say this: the Bundesliga in Germany is scheduled for 3:30 pm and if its not started by 3:32 pm there better be a ****ing reason. So you can imagine how much I enjoy the game starting at 2:30 :laugh::laugh:

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
It will be difficult to win in Nashville. This game tonight is very important. Win it, and you have Nashville really starting to doubt. Lose it and Pens doubt big time. They didn't deserve game 1. If they go and lose game 2, it's hard to really fully believe you deserve the Cup.

Doubt will creep in to one team tonight. Doesn't mean their series is over, but lack of confidence on the grandest of stage can end things quick.

I can see them losing but not that. Not in a bad way. If they go down they go down looking for ways to win.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Dude don't get me started on that. Just let me say this: the Bundesliga in Germany is scheduled for 3:30 pm and if its not started by 3:32 pm there better be a ****ing reason. So you can imagine how much I enjoy the game starting at 2:30 :laugh::laugh:

but at least you get to hear Jimerson's angelic voice :nod: :laugh:

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
but at least you get to hear Jimerson's angelic voice :nod: :laugh:

Yeah the US anthem always give me chills. :sarcasm::laugh:
Seriously I probably will never feel the same but I can understand that its part of your culture and I have no problem with the game being late 10 minutes because of it. But the ****ing broadcost starts at 2pm and then the game starts at 2:30 am and the first ****ing commercial is at 2:37 am and I am just like **** OFF :laugh:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yeah the US anthem always give me chills. :sarcasm::laugh:
Seriously I probably will never feel the same but I can understand that its part of your culture and I have no problem with the game being late 10 minutes because of it. But the ****ing broadcost starts at 2pm and then the game starts at 2:30 am and the first ****ing commercial is at 2:37 am and I am just like **** OFF :laugh:

I would have no problem if they got rid of the anthems. Certainly if they didn't televise them.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm expecting a huge game out of Horny tonight. He's gonna look to burn the team he once played for that is trying to steal his 2nd piece of hand bling.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
I would have no problem if they got rid of the anthems. Certainly if they didn't televise them.

I'm just wondering why you cant say the game starts at 2:30 am or start the anthems at 1:50 am so the game starts at 2 am. I just don't get why you would schedule a game for a certain time when you know that it wont start at that time

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
In another hour or two, we should know whether or not these guys are going to outclass our guys in this series.
I'm hoping we have another gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->