Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
That is a man who had optimal maxillo-facial development in his childhood. His jaw looks like mine when I force it forward.

This guy gets it. Excellent observation sir. Perfect facial structure and neck width. The length might be a bit long, but doesn't pass the threshold and the length/width ratio is as good as it gets for a hockey player.

themilosh

Sponsor
Apr 27, 2015
Oakville, ON
I'm too young to really know Jagr, but his board battles for sure. Slaf uses the classic bump into my big ass move
nothing more powerful than a hockey player with a HUGE trunk! Jagr was a BEAST.

this is him at 44.. look at those tree trunks!
1711582879411.png

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Aye, That's because Tanking in itself, is a myth lol

Everytime basically, it's purely because teams suck outright lol

But folks like to imagine all sorts of things
"Why did they start Monty!! Don't they get it??"
I think you are right that tanking is a myth because other than the GM trading a player like Monahan I don't think coaches go into a game thinking about losing for a better pick. Have some teams done it? I am sure.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
The so called experts in the media questioning everything about this kid was nauseating. Alot of folks including me thought maybe Laval was an option. I guess the lesson here is to let the experts make the decisions 🤣
We've been burned every time since Wickenheiser. I even said I will not give Hughes and co. the same long leash I have the last few GMs or the benefit of the doubt cause it ends the same way every time. So far they're earning their trust. Every key piece is taking massive steps forward.

Reactions: tazsub3 and Tyson

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I think you are right that tanking is a myth because other than the GM trading a player like Monahan I don't think coaches go into a game thinking about losing for a better pick. Have some teams done it? I am sure.

Wasnt the lottery introduced because some team tanked hard amd there was a scandal about it?

But yeah, even the GM trading Monahan is less about "tanking" and more about getting vakue out of a guy you'll lose to FA anyway. Alsl gives him a chance to a playoff run. Its a no brainer to trade away those guys in a losing season

Reactions: Tyson

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Tanking is a by product of organizational direction.
You just won't see the second and third efforts you would get with a club competing for the post season.
In some markets it can become flagrant in others it's just not as acceptable.
We all know what market we are in.

Reactions: Tyson

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

View attachment 842395
When Slaf was picked, I was happy. He was my choice. I always found Habs never picked players who could become like Jagr. An huge trunk who dictate the play. It's like we forget we had success before with guys like Beliveau, Mahovlich, Gainey, Wilson, Lambert, Smith, Lemieux, Richer, Leclair, Bellows, Damphousse and Muller. We need some size or we don't understand the game.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
When Slaf was picked, I was happy. He was my choice. I always found Habs never picked players who could become like Jagr. An huge trunk who dictate the play. It's like we forget we had success before with guys like Beliveau, Mahovlich, Gainey, Wilson, Lambert, Smith, Lemieux, Leclair, Bellows, Damphousse and Muller. We need some size or we don't understand the game.
Don't forget Richer

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

tnq

Feb 16, 2004
Just a few months ago, many people still said Slaf is a big boy who can skate but 0 IQ and can not shot. Just look at the pass he did, he read well the game. So there is a big boy who can skate without hockey IQ, his name is A...

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
Slaf: most points by a teenage players in Habs' History. He's gonna turn 20 in few days.
Question...when these records were made, i.e. most points by a Habs teenage player, were the points counted strictly till the day before the player hits 20 years old, or is it up to and during their 19th-year-old season? I.e. do we count the points till he turns 20 or till the end of this season?

View attachment 842395
Wait, that's not Jagr! Dude has short hair and no mullet! :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad