Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
So if Slafkovsky matches or even passes Joe Thornton's point total of 41pts in his 2nd NHL season as a teenager after a poor statistical rookie season...does it mean he's going to be a Hall of Fame player and one of the best players of his generation?

It has to right?

View attachment 842216

Per my model the answer is yes.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
So if Slafkovsky matches or even passes Joe Thornton's point total of 41pts in his 2nd NHL season as a teenager after a poor statistical rookie season...does it mean he's going to be a Hall of Fame player and one of the best players of his generation?

It has to right?

View attachment 842216

only after we trade him for 3 middling players, sadly

Welcome to Montreal Zetterlund, Zadina and Vlasic

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
From best 19 years old season from an European since Malkin to an "easy" Jagr comparaison, you know, just the player with the second most points in NHL history, Slaf sure is a special player :naughty:

I mean what Juraj is doing is great but you boys need to chill lmao.
giphy.gif

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Two more points than year 2 Nathan MacKinnon now....look, you can't argue with the numbers, surely that means he's guaranteed to develop in to an even better player?

I mean, we heard how important production was, I'm just making an honest appraisal here looking at Slafkovsky outproducing players like Barkov, MacKinnon, and Rantanen in year 2 and you've gotta ask the question. :sarcasm:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I'd be happy if he passes 20g/50pts next season. Let's see if he falls victim to what seems to happen to all youngsters that get hyped in Montreal. Feels like he might be more Price/Subban/Suzuki than Galchenyuk/Kotkaniemi/Latendresse

Solid year, I was just hoping that he matches Kotkaniemi's 34pts as a teen.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd be happy if he passes 20g/50pts next season. Let's see if he falls victim to what seems to happen to all youngsters that get hyped in Montreal. Feels like he might be more Price/Subban/Suzuki than Galchenyuk/Kotkaniemi/Latendresse

Solid year, I was just hoping that he matches Kotkaniemi's 34pts as a teen.
You’d be happy if he did next season what he could do this season or come very close to?

Reactions: themilosh and Pomee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad