Player Discussion The Slaf Thread - Parabolic Growth Edition

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dude is so good he gets a new thread.

Here’s the old one for nostalgic purposes.

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Wright looks like his mom and his mom looks like a dork.

Slaf's parents look like they can go toe to toe with a grizzlie.

The pick should have been obvious right there and then.

Guy only had 10 points in Liiga because he didn't want to emasculate poor dark and depressed Finland.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I extend my sincerest apologies for prematurely doubting Juraj Slafkovsky's performance at the beginning of this season. With humility, I find myself consuming a hearty serving of crow as I reflect on my impatient judgment. In doing so, I must express admiration for Slafkovsky's outstanding skills, marked by exquisite playmaking and a remarkable knack for scoring goals. His prowess on the ice not only refutes my initial skepticism but also underscores his status as a truly exceptional hockey player. I acknowledge my hasty assessment with genuine regret, appreciating the brilliance he consistently brings to the game.

Generated by ChatGPT

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Dismantle what's working. Put him at C.
nGPJHWK.png

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Crazy how talking to lots of Slovaks on other sites outside of HF, they were all very down on Slafkovsky as a player. Almost all of the Slovaks on hf had a similar view on who was clearly the best player of the next generation of Slovak hockey (Juraj) . Nemec, Dvorsky, etc are great players. But Slafkovsky has the power, skill and determination to impact the game in ways very unique.

It was clear for a while
IMG_2049.jpeg

Last edited:

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
I think we're starting to see a real 1st OV emerge and it's beautiful.
Hated the pick at the time but always said I'd give him time before being too harsh, hated the way they handled him by not sending him down when he looked completely lost out there even more.

All I ever wanted was to eat crow and be wrong about this kid, hope he keeps it up.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hated the pick at the time but always said I'd give him time before being too harsh, hated the way they handled him by not sending him down when he looked completely lost out there even more.

All I ever wanted was to eat crow and be wrong about this kid, hope he keeps it up.
Sketch draft, didn’t have the resume.. I was hoping for Wright.

But there was no doubt he had the physical tools. Early on I could see why we drafted him. But he looked lost at different points in his first year as well as to start the second. I saw him as a mystery box. He’d show greatness in flashes. I hoped he could put it together but never in my wildest dreams did I think he’d do it so quickly.

Really excited about him. He’s a beast. Just sorry we didn’t get to see him with Dach to start the year.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Gotta be honest guys... I've been following the habs for what we can call decades, unfortunately for me. I barely missed the 93 cup because I was a little too young (born in 87).

My fav Habs in my lifetime has always been Markov.

Slaf is special. I've been saying this shit to my friends for months now. He's got a combination of size, skill, hockey IQ that we haven't seen in MTL since... LeClair?

I'm so f***ing happy we got him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad