OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Yea, finally have some sun up here over the last couple of days. Miserable working in snowstorms through all of April. Same fella's complaining about the cold 3 days ago are whining about the heat now.
I just starting supplementing d3 a few days ago and I honestly feel about 100x better. More energy and motivation... It's crazy how much effect a lack of sun can have on the body

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I spent most of this week editing the novel. Deleted nearly 900 extraneous words to improve the flow. It was tedious but I'm excited about the end result. I hope my test readers enjoy it.

Reactions: DJN21

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
So a concert that I've been looking forward to since it was announced got canceled last night.

Insanely disappointed. But to make it sting just a little bit more, only the ticket price is being refunded. Not any of the convenience fees.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I've coached many years with the guy and we play on the same beer league team. I would be surprised if it was that he didn't want me around.

So, it's either that he's bitter that me and another assistant from this year put in for head coach next year (the other guy didn't move either...) or it's that my son was the slowest kid on the team and he wants to win a lot.

I'm happy with how things played out as my son will have head coaches that I really respect and a lot of the knucklehead kids from this year's team are leaving with the head coach.

I just feel bad for my son that he and his buddy will be split up again. This happened two years ago when his friend played for the same coach on a Pee Wee Mixed Travel team and that team's season was a mess because they weren't travel quality and they lost most of their games and the coaches made the kids miserable.

UPDATE: The only families that didn't get a call were us and the other coach that was an assistant this year and applied to be a head coach next year. So....

Wow.... I don't miss those kind of politics at all. But recognize they exist just about everywhere and I have my own personal disappointments too.

All I can say is that taking your puck, stick and goalie net elsewhere very rarely works out for the best. Saw lots of that happen at Littleton when self aggrandizing coaches and their entourages decided to exit and build their own programs or form their own teams. However, quality organizations put the politics aside, hire the best coaches who can both develop players, develop good citizens and also win championships.

Yeah, winning IS a part (but sometimes too big a part) of the equation. Not so much to the kids but to the parents who are paying the bill. Otherwise, why keep score?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Wow.... I don't miss those kind of politics at all. But recognize they exist just about everywhere and I have my own personal disappointments too.

All I can say is that taking your puck, stick and goalie net elsewhere very rarely works out for the best. Saw lots of that happen at Littleton when self aggrandizing coaches and their entourages decided to exit and build their own programs or form their own teams. However, quality organizations put the politics aside, hire the best coaches who can both develop players, develop good citizens and also win championships.

Yeah, winning IS a part (but sometimes too big a part) of the equation. Not so much to the kids but to the parents who are paying the bill. Otherwise, why keep score?

I posted these two articles on FB a year ago today and they still ring so true.

5 Things That Need To Change In Youth Hockey - Prodigy Hockey

Former pros find passion, purpose coaching kids

Parents will tell Mario Lemieux how to run their kids' team PP...

:facepalm:

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Saw it last night with the family. I'm not as much a fan of the Marvel movies as several on here are. Didn't see Black Panther, nor the Avenger movie immediately preceding this one / Dr. Strange, nor the GoG sequel. But I liked infinity war. Great CGI / action. Funny.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I enjoyed it. My son, despite his fandom of the MCU, walked into this not having any idea of what might happen nor the production schedule of future movies. He was a bit taken aback by the outcome.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
It was well worth it seeing it in Imax, I'll probably hit the theater again this week to see it again.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Spent the last 3 weeks writing my law note. Professor ripped it apart today and I’m basically starting from scratch, but apparently that was a positive meeting in comparison to most others so I got that goin for me, which is nice.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good luck, man! Get it! A relief in a sense, I’m sure

Thanks! It's my least favorite class for this semester and if I do well I get an A. And if I don't, I could slip down to a B-/C+. This is my sixth of eight mandatory courses in my program field, so I'll only have one each of fall and spring next year.

I've also entered into graduate course work discussion. This summer will be grant writing.

And the timeline on this has been hard -- it's been a week since my "second last" final, so I'm in full dad/husband mode for almost a week, rather than prepping. :biglaugh:

Reactions: jBuds

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Anyone have an Amazon Fire tablet? I want a small tablet for just browsing the internet and YouTube.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Just had a tenant turnover at a unit. They had 6 of the 9 windows sealed with caulking, can't be budged. Just a sloppy job with the caulking on top of that so it looks like crap. Now have to get them to pay for damages and I have a good feeling that won't come easy.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Just had a tenant turnover at a unit. They had 6 of the 9 windows sealed with caulking, can't be budged. Just a sloppy job with the caulking on top of that so it looks like crap. Now have to get them to pay for damages and I have a good feeling that won't come easy.
Good luck with that :laugh:
In the late 1970's/early 80's, my grandma qualified to have her house painted by CETA workers. (lived on Elam Place in Parkside neighborhood by the zoo, 2 short blocks from Darwin Martin complex) They painted her windows shut, and it wasn't even close. Brush strokes were an inch onto the glass all the way around. Thankfully, the glazing didn't have muntins in addition to the mullions. Was precarious work for my brother and me to climb old wooden ladders and scrape them, score them, etc. to try to get them to release. Pretty sure we weren't even teens yet. I know we couldn't even reach the attic windows.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sitting down for final #2, 2 more to go

Good luck! I went out to celebrate a combo of class completion and birthday for one of my classmates... had one of his friends show me his evolutionary genetics online final. Not the whole thing, but the single set up for just one question. I think my head is still aching.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
So a concert that I've been looking forward to since it was announced got canceled last night.

Insanely disappointed. But to make it sting just a little bit more, only the ticket price is being refunded. Not any of the convenience fees.
Out of curiosity what concert was it? Also guessing TicketScammer?

Speaking of concerts Live Nation is doing their $20 ticket promotion and I got tickets to see Rise Against and (more importantly) AFI in Coney Island and Coheed and Cambria and (more importantly) Taking Back Sunday at PNC Bank Arts Center in Jersey. Wanted to get a tix at that venue for Weezer and The Pixies but the $20 tixs were sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad