OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
So I've once again cut pop out of my diet, starting today Which also means no more caffeine intake.

Caffeine withdrawal migraines are no joke.

:help:

Reactions: DJN21

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Rochester weather is turning my hair grey literally by the day...had to dump hot water on my windshield today to be able to scrape the ice away...don't live on Lake Ontario people. It is not worth it.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So I've once again cut pop out of my diet, starting today Which also means no more caffeine intake.

Caffeine withdrawal migraines are no joke.

:help:

You could try and have some tea to help with the caffeine withdrawal and then switch away from that down the road to ease things gradually.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Rochester weather is turning my hair grey literally by the day...had to dump hot water on my windshield today to be able to scrape the ice away...don't live on Lake Ontario people. It is not worth it.

I am so thankful that I was able to get a garage to park in once again when we bought our house two years ago.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I need to cut pop / sugar out of my diet and start drinking more water.

Seltzer water is an awesome substitute if you drink soda for the fizz. Flavored seltzer water works OK if you're in it for the sweetness. I've replaced almost all my soda with La Croix.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
You could try and have some tea to help with the caffeine withdrawal and then switch away from that down the road to ease things gradually.
Thanks but I don't like tea or coffee. Pop was literally my only caffeine intake.

Today is better. I purposefully cut it on a day off knowing the first day would be hell.

Reactions: Jim Bob

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I watched a hurling match last year, recommended by my Irish friend. It was strange and entertaining and frightening

There is an anecdote that while filming in Ireland, John Wayne was asked about whether he wanted to try the sport and he responded by saying that the players were the toughest people he had ever seen.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Thanks but I don't like tea or coffee. Pop was literally my only caffeine intake.

Today is better. I purposefully cut it on a day off knowing the first day would be hell.
Does your work environment still have dispensers literally a few feet away tempting you every minute of the working day? That's like having David Duchovny and Tiger Woods working the linen service at a brothel.

Or are you in a back-office job now away from the point-of-sale?

Just booked our summer vacation. Was on the phone for 2h11m, but saved literally 2k over the website cost.
I have a better deal for you:
I'll call you. You read me 10 minutes of your book, and I'll only charge you $100.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Does your work environment still have dispensers literally a few feet away tempting you every minute of the working day? That's like having David Duchovny and Tiger Woods working the linen service at a brothel.

Or are you in a back-office job now away from the point-of-sale?
No I'm front of house but our dispensers are in the lobby. I don't like the brand my company sells anyways so that isn't an issue.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
[QUOTE="brian_griffin, post: 144667407, member: 54309”]I have a better deal for you:
I'll call you. You read me 10 minutes of your book, and I'll only charge you $100.[/QUOTE]

That...doesn’t sound right....

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I got a 5 pack of usb retro video game controllers on Amazon recently. Having a blast playing Ocarina of Time with a replica n64 controller on my PC.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
UPS screwed up and it is not good.

For some reason that doesn't make any sense, a major box of inventory for my wife's business was marked "Recipient said they didn't order this and send it back". My wife has orders sent to the UPS Store around the corner and the box was never at the UPS Store. She had a smaller box from the same order that was there and she picked up.

That status wasn't updated in the UPS app until it was too late to do anything (8pm) last night.

So, despite multiple calls to UPS, the box has already left Syracuse on it's way back to South Carolina and my wife is freaking out, big time.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
UPS screwed up and it is not good.

For some reason that doesn't make any sense, a major box of inventory for my wife's business was marked "Recipient said they didn't order this and send it back". My wife has orders sent to the UPS Store around the corner and the box was never at the UPS Store. She had a smaller box from the same order that was there and she picked up.

That status wasn't updated in the UPS app until it was too late to do anything (8pm) last night.

So, despite multiple calls to UPS, the box has already left Syracuse on it's way back to South Carolina and my wife is freaking out, big time.
In the days when both passenger rail travel and mail transport by rail were prevalent, you literally could affix postage stamps to kids and mail them across country to relatives, etc., on the mail trains.

I'm just providing some perspective on the potential gravity of a shipping error in that era.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In the days when both passenger rail travel and mail transport by rail were prevalent, you literally could affix postage stamps to kids and mail them across country to relatives, etc., on the mail trains.

I'm just providing some perspective on the potential gravity of a shipping error in that era.

A shipping error in that era might have delighted some people.

I mean, if they wanted to get rid of their kid so badly that they threw some stamps on them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad