OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
After almost 2 months, Calphalon is finally sending us a replacement pan. I’ve been missing our large frying pan for some time.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
I got a 5 pack of usb retro video game controllers on Amazon recently. Having a blast playing Ocarina of Time with a replica n64 controller on my PC.

If you're into retro gaming, pick up a PSP cheap. There's some cool things you can do with it. Same with the WiiU.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
If you're into retro gaming, pick up a PSP cheap. There's some cool things you can do with it. Same with the WiiU.

I have a friend that had a lot of interesting stuff going on with his psp. What id honestly like is to have the time to use my ps4. I’ve had the Uncharted Collection for 16 months and haven’t even removed the shrink wrap.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So, today is the day we are supposed to find out who the head coaches are for my son's age group for next season.

Evals are on Monday. Although, if the weather is good, my son will be in goal for his modified lacrosse team's scrimmage.

I will probably check my email a thousand times today after my interview on Monday and what the decision maker talked about.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I've been mocking my wife for watching those "make up" videos where people demo make up and then she ends up buying makeup based off their recommendation.

Since getting my new car, i've been watching "Chemical Guys" car wash videos on youtube. $100+ worth of car wash equipment orders later, I've realized that I'm doing the exact same thing. :ha:

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
And I got the frustrating news about who was chosen to be head coaches right before I went to bed last night.

I did not sleep well at all.

My son will have an interesting decision to make. He can choose to stay at his current rink and then he has a 50/50 chance at having a head coach that he probably won't be thrilled about having given how this season went. Or, he can choose to move to the other rink that our association runs out of and I'll be his head coach/co-coach.

I would be stunned if he chooses to move away from all his friends.

But, we shall see.

My wife thinks that he is such a people pleaser that he will opt to move to make me happy. I need to frame the question so that isn't why he makes the choice that he does.

Reactions: Chainshot

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Just got home from the Super Troopers double feature, loved being one of two people in the theater that got and laughed at the Tim Horton joke.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
And as I expected, my son was not into the idea of changing rinks. At all.

He started getting choked up with me just asking the question.

Due to lacrosse, my son will miss evals and the parents vs kids game next week.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Half of my courses for this semester are now complete - my favorite two are done, to not meet again this semester. Somewhat torn on all of this - I loved both of those classes and will miss some of my classmates as a raft of them will be graduating next week.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Half of my courses for this semester are now complete - my favorite two are done, to not meet again this semester. Somewhat torn on all of this - I loved both of those classes and will miss some of my classmates as a raft of them will be graduating next week.
I wish I had that problem. Still a week and a half away. More finals this semester than I’ve had to deal with before and a massive paper I’m behind on. Most stressful couple weeks I’ve had in a long time.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012

Emulation can be better than the real console in many ways (and worse in others). For example the original Wii console max resolution was 480p, where as emulation with Dolphin you can bump it up to 1080 and other neat things. Downside is you generally need a better PC than the average person has, you might also lose some of the retro feel with the clearer graphics or shaders.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
After almost 2 months, Calphalon is finally sending us a replacement pan. I’ve been missing our large frying pan for some time.
My pan of choice. I've been using them for about a decade. But.... have you noticed a decline in quality? The first one lasted about 5 years and was a boss. The next lasted about 3 years, the latest I got at Christmas and is already showing signs of wear.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My pan of choice. I've been using them for about a decade. But.... have you noticed a decline in quality? The first one lasted about 5 years and was a boss. The next lasted about 3 years, the latest I got at Christmas and is already showing signs of wear.

I’ll let you know- this one is still in transit.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Bought my calphalon unison series summer 2010. Some have had reduced use since ~2013 when my now-wife and I merged households. But the skillets see routine use in our "blended" pots & pans rotation. They are supposed to be dishwasher safe, with cascade powders/ tabs on the approved list, which I use. But, I experienced coarsening/roughening of the bottom surfaces of the skillets after a couple years of admittedly rather limited usage, and then "wear" accelerated since then on a couple pans which see more usage. Switched to handwashing two of the skillets. I'm concerned I'll scratch the glass cook top...

Crazy Tasty

Oct 5, 2005
Joisey
Bought my calphalon unison series summer 2010. Some have had reduced use since ~2013 when my now-wife and I merged households. But the skillets see routine use in our "blended" pots & pans rotation. They are supposed to be dishwasher safe, with cascade powders/ tabs on the approved list, which I use. But, I experienced coarsening/roughening of the bottom surfaces of the skillets after a couple years of admittedly rather limited usage, and then "wear" accelerated since then on a couple pans which see more usage. Switched to handwashing two of the skillets. I'm concerned I'll scratch the glass cook top...

I had the same theory about the dishwasher and have switched to 100% hand wash.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
And I got the frustrating news about who was chosen to be head coaches right before I went to bed last night.

I did not sleep well at all.

My son will have an interesting decision to make. He can choose to stay at his current rink and then he has a 50/50 chance at having a head coach that he probably won't be thrilled about having given how this season went. Or, he can choose to move to the other rink that our association runs out of and I'll be his head coach/co-coach.

I would be stunned if he chooses to move away from all his friends.

But, we shall see.

My wife thinks that he is such a people pleaser that he will opt to move to make me happy. I need to frame the question so that isn't why he makes the choice that he does.
In NE, my experience was that goalies always are able to choose where they want to be. There is usually a select team looking for a goalie. The only issue is whether your son wants to give up his group of friends for greener pastures.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
In NE, my experience was that goalies always are able to choose where they want to be. There is usually a select team looking for a goalie. The only issue is whether your son wants to give up his group of friends for greener pastures.

He's not a hockey goalie. He's a forward.

I wouldn't mind him trying out being a goalie if we are pressed for one.

My wife disagrees.

LOL

Reactions: brian_griffin

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I had the same theory about the dishwasher and have switched to 100% hand wash.
Are your bottoms roughened?

I had a modest (9-piece?) sized calphalon unison set, which was plenty for me. The skillets are used regularly. The pots on occasion.
She has a simply calphalon skillet, and a couple (new this Christmas) off-brand non-stick skillets.
We use her 11-pc set, pots and pans, for everything else. She's had that over 15 years years. Allclad I think.

She's a really good cook / great baker, and enjoys it. So much so, I rarely do more than grill these days.

My ex (since deceased) kept the Allclad set I got her for Christmas one year. We both really loved that, too. Besides jewelry, it was one of her most favorite gifts I got her, just like I loved the Dyson vacuum she got me. :)

Current wife got herself a Roomba or Rumba this year. I'd promised her maid service the Christmas before but never followed up on it as we both wanted to get the house more "in order" before having someone in our home to clean a couple times a month.

Don't get me started on training the teenagers to load and unload the dishwasher correctly, and how to put up the dishes in an orderly organized fashion. Honor roll students or not, they routinely elicit "ARRRRGHS" from both me and their mom when we open the cupboards / drawers to the jumbled messes in there, or see the loads are run and the dishes aren't clean because the bowls are face up / the rotating arms blocked / they didn't try to get the microwaved cheese scraped off first, etc. And I don't think they'd ever handwash an item if their life / electronic privileges depended on it. And one might argue their lives are their electronic privileges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad