The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
When is dat advance? Haven't been able to get my series in with Winnipeg, yet.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
We've been in the playoffs for nearly two weeks, but we're only in the second round?

Any series that isn't done by tonight needs to be simmed, IMO. Playoffs can kill leagues. No reason for any round to take more than 4 days.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
It was the holidays...

Which is why it is understandable that some of the series took a day or two longer, but a week to play 4-7 games?

Vancouver and I (Detroit) played a full seven game series in one evening. It took like 3 hours. Obviously, not everyone lines up the same way, but if we are actually planning on taking a month + for the playoffs, it will be really tough to keep those who didn't make it invested in the league.

We've already extended the second window by 4 or 5 days, right? That seems more than sufficient to account for Christmas.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Which is why it is understandable that some of the series took a day or two longer, but a week to play 4-7 games?

Vancouver and I (Detroit) played a full seven game series in one evening. It took like 3 hours. Obviously, not everyone lines up the same way, but if we are actually planning on taking a month + for the playoffs, it will be really tough to keep those who didn't make it invested in the league.

We've already extended the second window by 4 or 5 days, right? That seems more than sufficient to account for Christmas.

:panthers I'm still hanging around but not seeing much activity from other bottom feeders. Hopefully they're just waiting patiently for playoffs to end.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
The league does need to move along. The playoffs and offseason moving quickly and properly is EXTREMELY important

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Kinda seems like Sensei has forgotten about the league. No updates, no comments, no clarification on this stuff.

ThePsychicSaw

Jul 24, 2009
The league does need to move along. The playoffs and offseason moving quickly and properly is EXTREMELY important

Deadlines just need to be set and publicly available for adequate time.

This round would be forwarded before the end of Monday latest. And before that the deadline for round three should already be set. It's less teams and after holidays. I'd set round 3 to have to be done before Friday. Then the finals before next Monday being only two teams. Very simple but you have to set these things ahead of time and have confirmation people are aware to hold them accountable

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I had planned on simming the 28th,like I posted, but nobody except 2 teams played any games what so ever. I don't want to sim through the playoffs but if nobody cares about getting there games in I will.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Schedule Advanced, once again gave you guys WAY more time than needed, and you guys still didnt finish your games.

Final Four is down to

:sharks
:blues
:devils
:sabres

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Wow that was close. Me and Winnipeg just finished our series less than an hour ago.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Crazy series between New Jersey and Buffalo.

Game 1: Miller puts the puck into his own net and lets in an unscreened five-hole slot shot to lose the game 3-1. New Jersey controlled the tempo.

Game 2: Devils dominate and take a 2-0 series lead with a 2-0 game.

Game 3: Buffalo is able to storm back with a late Pominville goal to win 2-1.

Game 4: Down 2-0, the Sabres are able to come back with 3 unanswered goals to win again late in the third period. Miller was able to save the game when it was tied with this beauty.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/147190123

Series is tied 2-2 with game 5 in New Jersey. Other than game 2, this has been a pretty close series.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Crazy series between New Jersey and Buffalo.

Game 1: Miller puts the puck into his own net and lets in an unscreened five-hole slot shot to lose the game 3-1. New Jersey controlled the tempo.

Game 2: Devils dominate and take a 2-0 series lead with a 2-0 game.

Game 3: Buffalo is able to storm back with a late Pominville goal to win 2-1.

Game 4: Down 2-0, the Sabres are able to come back with 3 unanswered goals to win again late in the third period. Miller was able to save the game when it was tied with this beauty.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/147190123

Series is tied 2-2 with game 5 in New Jersey. Other than game 2, this has been a pretty close series.

How do you save highlights? Whenever I check after the game, there are no "replays" available. Do you have to do it during the game / at the intermission?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
How do you save highlights? Whenever I check after the game, there are no "replays" available. Do you have to do it during the game / at the intermission?

It is on that screen that shows the ice surface and has those little dots n it. You use the right stick to cycle through replays and then y to view that highlight. To edit a specific clip just press y again.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
It is on that screen that shows the ice surface and has those little dots n it. You use the right stick to cycle through replays and then y to view that highlight. To edit a specific clip just press y again.

Hmm. Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Whenever I try to do that, it says "no highlights available."

Do you do it after the game? Or during?

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
Hmm. Yeah, that's what I was talking about. Whenever I try to do that, it says "no highlights available."

Do you do it after the game? Or during?

You can only save highlghts after an online game is over.

Do you cycle through periods and what type of highlight?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I'll check it out more closely after the next game.

I'm pretty sure you have to have a hard drive as well.... I think..

Are you guys going to be able to get your games in by tomorrow night? I see NJ/BUF have only 4 games left while sj and stl have only 2played. We can probably start the off season by next week you guys can get your games in.

ArGarBarGar

Sep 8, 2008
I'm pretty sure you have to have a hard drive as well.... I think..

Are you guys going to be able to get your games in by tomorrow night? I see NJ/BUF have only 4 games left while sj and stl have only 2played. We can probably start the off season by next week you guys can get your games in.

It is possible. We only have two or three games remaining so if we are both online tomorrow then we can get it taken care of within an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille