Post-Game Talk: The Sidney Cry-Fest has Officially Begun. - PGT talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
I fully expect the next game to be called a lot tighter.

Remember last round when Krejci got that tick tack crosscheck call on Callahan and everyone said "they only take one to stop the after the whistle stuff"?

Where was that last game? They didn't call **** because the Bruins didn't do anything.

I'm OK with that way, but yo know that as soon as Marchand or someone pops crosby, he'll be getting 2.

Sid better watch it. If he gets popped in the right place. Could break his jaw. Wouldn't that be a shame:cry:

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Bruins can win game 2. They're clearly in Pittsburgh's head now. Pittsburgh's players are not mentally tough; they're like a pampered only-child; spoiled and fragile. Bruins just need to play their game; play without regard to Pittsburgh at all, and they will win; simple as that.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Bruins can win game 2. They're clearly in Pittsburgh's head now. Pittsburgh's players are not mentally tough; they're like a pampered only-child; spoiled and fragile. Bruins just need to play their game; play without regard to Pittsburgh at all, and they will win; simple as that.

If we can win tommorow I do not see pittsburgh as a team with the abilty to come back from an 0-2 hole with the next two on the road, I had Bruins in 6 but if we win tommorow it might just be quicker than that, lose tommorow still B's in 6

Still think the Bruins will explode in one of the next three games for 7 goals or more.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

They definitely can win tomorrow. Taking 2 games in pitt would be huge, mission accomplished already with winning game one, but taking both would be a dagger.

The Bruins can't give the pens too many man advantages, because they are going to score on it eventually.

But if Rask continues to stand tall in the net like he did in G1 they can come home up 2.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
you know...I actually thought the same thing during the game. Was really surprised he didn't get an interference penalty. But that 2nd angle in that replay shows that Marchand let up and never actually hit him. Letang saw him coming and fell into Marchand taking his glove with him. I can totally see now why the ref let it go.

Marchand still goes out of his way to go in the direction of Letang and get in his way. It would be worth the call to deliver the message that diving will be called. Besides, seemed unnecessary for Marchand, when he could have put on a burst of speed and made it a 2-on-0.

KrazyLegs

Registered Dude
Jun 12, 2011
Westminster, MA
Letang deserves an extra-credit, gold star for that dive. Didn't even looked like Marchand touched him. Throwing the glove was a nice extra touch, too. Almost as bad as Kessler's tumbleweed dive.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Marchand still goes out of his way to go in the direction of Letang and get in his way. It would be worth the call to deliver the message that diving will be called. Besides, seemed unnecessary for Marchand, when he could have put on a burst of speed and made it a 2-on-0.

Marchand was right with Bergeron but since they were pk-ing they weren't going to 2on0 deep with 5 pens above the blue line. Marchand did skate towards where Letang was going to be, but holy crap what a dive, Letang was already falling before he got to Marchand.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
you know...I actually thought the same thing during the game. Was really surprised he didn't get an interference penalty. But that 2nd angle in that replay shows that Marchand let up and never actually hit him. Letang saw him coming and fell into Marchand taking his glove with him. I can totally see now why the ref let it go.
IT was a good non call. In fact, I think calling Letang for flopping would have been a good call but the officials chickened out.

I'm still confused by Marchand though. It would have been a clean 2 on 0 and a shorty would have ended it.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston

I think he was gassed. Looked like he motioned to Bergy to take it. Then, turned himself into a human pylon.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I fully expect the next game to be called a lot tighter.

Remember last round when Krejci got that tick tack crosscheck call on Callahan and everyone said "they only take one to stop the after the whistle stuff"?

Where was that last game? They didn't call **** because the Bruins didn't do anything.

I'm OK with that way, but yo know that as soon as Marchand or someone pops crosby, he'll be getting 2.
This will happen and the Bruins will get the brunt of it. I'm still trying too remember a single post whistle incident started by a Bruin player.

I think the Penguins totally took themselves out in game 1. They were running around stirring something up whenever they could and we were playing our game.

We do need to be better. Lost in the fact we won game 1 I really don't think we played all that well. Our forecheck was spotty, we took too many "light" penalties, our powerplay looks TERRIBLE and we turned the puck over FAR too much. Must get the puck deep, hit and cycle and we did not do a lot of that in the first 2 periods.

I also think we have to shot more. Vokoun is not all that good. He has horrible feet. Get it in his feet, get traffic and bang in rebounds. This is the type of series Lucic, Nate, Krech and Bergeron should flourish in, getting dirty goals.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Marchand was right with Bergeron but since they were pk-ing they weren't going to 2on0 deep with 5 pens above the blue line. Marchand did skate towards where Letang was going to be, but holy crap what a dive, Letang was already falling before he got to Marchand.

Just want to post this here to draw a little attention to, what I thought was, an awesome no-call by the refs. Take a dive, no calls, keep your feet moving and we'll call it every time. It's why they called interference on Orpik earlier in the game, but not on Marchand on this play.

You can see what Marchy is doing

He intends to impede but without contact Letang's entrance to the zone.

I don't think he was making contact but just claiming a line of movement that is between Letang and Bergeron. Letang dove into Marchand-ref clearly saw it and let them play on.

Letang is a sneaky little diving puke.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
the media is on the pens bandwagon and will continue to bash the bruins .

I don't even think they are bashing them.

They are mostly ignoring them-I think the media has the Pens crowned champions and the Bruins are simply the next stepping stone.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
The butthurt if bergy had scored there would have been epic

So epic that I wish it happened. Or happens tonight :naughty:

I never actually saw a replay of that "interference" until this thread. Holy **** what a dive! I didn't even expect that, that was pathetic. And Pens fans still want the interference call to have been made. :shakehead

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
Sidney Crosby: Refs allowed Bruins to ‘escalate’ physical play in Game 1 loss.
Unbelievable!! A professional hockey player as Sidney Crosby, wasting time by trying to influence the Refs. I can't believe he is talking about the way the refs called the game.. I just can't F^&*ING believe it!! A player who is ranked as the best hockey player in the world, complaing/crying instead of talking hockey and how his team needs to respond..

Can't believe that he would even go the route. They're must be a reason why he is doing this, THERE MUST BE!!!! He must know that they can't match up well with us if the games are allowed to be played physical. He sure can make waves , I just hope they won't listen. A hockey player such as he, in the ECF complaining about the refs letting the physical play escalate. WOW!!!

Last edited:

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
Watching CSNNE roll a clip Crosby slashed Marchand with his bench door open and quick as a cat right behind the door on the bench what a tool, him and Letang you can count 8 slashed/ Crosschecks per game with these two what a puss.

ObjectiveOpinion

Jan 7, 2013
Watching CSNNE roll a clip Crosby slashed Marchand with his bench door open and quick as a cat right behind the door on the bench what a tool, him and Letang you can count 8 slashed/ Crosschecks per game with these two what a puss.

Do you know when in the game that way? I can try and dig up the video.

Killer Bees

May 26, 2013
Ohio sticks
Sidney Crosby: Refs allowed Bruins to ‘escalate’ physical play in Game 1 loss.
Unbelievable!! A professional hockey player as Sidney Crosby, wasting time by trying to influence the Refs. I can't believe he is talking about the way the refs called the game.. I just can't F^&*ING believe it!! A player who is ranked as the best hockey player in the world, complaing/crying instead of talking hockey and how his team needs to respond..

Can't believe that he would even go the route. They're must be a reason why he is doing this, THERE MUST BE!!!! He must know that they can't match up well with us if the games are allowed to be played physical. He sure can make waves , I just hope they won't listen. A hockey player such as he, in the ECF complaining about the refs letting the physical play escalate. WOW!!!

This. Sidney Crosby is such a pathetic little puke. I went to game 5 of the Isles series with my friends, a Pens fan, and even he commented on Crosby crying to the ref at every freaking stop in play. The most talented hockey player on the most talented team and instead of just playing hockey he spends so much mental energy (that's a real thing) crybabying.

The problem is the Pens don't always play a team who can match them. When they do the little ***** goes into meltdown mode. And being the captain the rest of them follow suit, becuse Bylsma can't go overtop Crysby and tell him to grow the **** up.

Please God let the Bruins just keep cool and grind the Pens down. It would be so glorious. Cindy doesn't deserve her name on The Cup again. Disgrace to hockey.

JOHNNY V

Mar 1, 2002
BOSTON
Visit site
What I'd give to have a guy like Nevin Markwart on the team now.

5'9 - 170 and he'd kick the crap out of Crosby and nobody (with any integrity) could say a thing b/c Crosby has him by 4 inches and 35 pouinds.

Nevin Markwart pound for pound was one tuff kid, Gord Donnelly vs Nevin Markwart was a great battle,Donnelly was very tuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad