Post-Game Talk: The Sidney Cry-Fest has Officially Begun. - PGT talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsGirl79

Aug 1, 2011
Cranston, RI
The only talented player that whined as much as Crosby is Mario.

Gotta give Sid some slack...... He's being mentored by the biggest crybaby of all time. Apple never falls far from the tree.

I'm impressed that Claude doesn't put up with a lot of crap from his players. Crosby needs a mentor that gets rid of the silly extras and has him capitalize on his strengths. I've always said the same about Subban. He's good enough not to need the diving crap. He needs a coach that inforces that. I think CJ has done a good job in reigning Marchand in. Not saying he's gotten rid of all the crap in his game but he's more mature now than two years ago and his game has only improved as a result. Coaches need to get their players to man up. I think that's one of CJ's biggest strengths.

As for that ridiculous move on Rask, I heard an interview where he was asked what Crosby said to him and Rask replied "he said 'Great job!'". Hilarious. Love Tuukka.

Dwatson783

@dwatson783
Feb 17, 2009
Boston, MA
Bruins are taking this series. The Pens are a mentally weak team from their captain on down. Add to that, they don't have the goaltending to carry them and give them a lift and they're screwed. This team is a joke. I hope my pre-series hope comes true and this series breaks them like we did to Vancouver. I ****ing hate the pens.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Does anyone know what the Dpairings were last night outside of Chara/Boychuk?

At times i thought i was losing my mind. Although that may have been due to mcquaid going to the "room"

thanks

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Does anyone know what the Dpairings were last night outside of Chara/Boychuk?

At times i thought i was losing my mind. Although that may have been due to mcquaid going to the "room"

thanks

I think the main pairings were:

Chara/Seids
Ference/Boychuk
Krug/Mcquaid

However Julien played air of mix and match and that was from what I understand part of the plan. I think it was mostly to avoid a huge mismatch with Bylsma having last change.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I think it's great that Crosby whines and complains and blames all the evil forces for the outcome of the game. So long as he is not aware of the fact he is lazy and a floater in the defensive zone all will be good.
I"m glad the guys we have know about playing defensively and are atop the +/- category, this is the stuff that wins series and championships.
Players at -3 aren't going to cut it, no matter how many pucks you can put in the net.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I think there are many reasons why this thread has legs. First, it's the playoffs. Second even the least objective Pens fan out there, if given truth serum would admit the franchise has been lucky many times and fraudulent and hypocritical at others.

Lastly, I don't think there are too many players that were considered to be the "best" in the game at any point that were as whiney and undignified as Crosby was last night.

Even Mario, never really embarrassed himself like Crosby did last night ---- at least not as a player.

The Lebron comparisons may be somewhat accurate but regardless of his "embellishments", he doesn't go far above and beyond what is acceptable in his sport.

Plus, he doesn't go around challenging guys to fights while hiding behind teammates or officials.

Crosby isn't entirely alone regarding his behavior but it is surprising that such a talented player doesn't play with more class.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Sid the kid and entitled ***** who thinks he can start **** but not back it up cuz he is a superstar and a whiney superstar. I don't know who whines more after whistles him or lebron.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Crosby has talent but is a whinning puke and you get to appreciate a talent of #99 don't rember him as a cry baby

Actually, no one complained more to the refs than 99. Sid is certainly giving him a run for his money. Mario didn't really cry or campaign to the refs. But, someone would rough him up, he'd fall down, look at the ref like a mite trying to earn a snow cone after the game from his Dad through tears and bubble snot. Usually while a 2 on 1 was headed toward Barrasso.

I don't want to say what I'd like to see happen. I'm old enough to have seen the career of a 26 year old 50 goal scorer wave bye bye, and going into his prime. Then, go through hell to come back and play on one leg, until the pain was just too much. We all saw what happened to Savard. I don't see any asterisk on any of the Pen's cups denoting who they hurt on the way to championships.

I'd like to see Lucic and Chara actually earn the reps they have (i.e. mean, dirty, bullies, shot pickers, etc etc). I'd be perfectly fine w/ it.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
agree on crosby - guy needs to shut up and play the game. he's too good to be such a whiner.

as far as the calls, i thought it was a good sign that the refs gave him 2 for interference on that hip check to bergy. they don't always make that call, so doing it on crosby tells me the refs aren't giving this guy special treatment.

It will be interesting to see how game 2 goes. There are times that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS

Mar 11, 2013
Since when are the Habs, Nucks and Pens fans a majority, and who cares what they think anyway?
After reading several of your posts today, I am convinced that you are not a TRUE Bruin's fan at all, but just like to argue with other Bruin's fans....and placing some of the blame on Quaider for Matt Cooke's dirty, back stabbing hit last night is ridiculous.

Oh no! Other NHL fans don't like us, We can't stand when anonymous people dislike us for such tremendously important issue such as rooting for a particular sports team.

ObjectiveOpinion

Jan 7, 2013

Just want to post this here to draw a little attention to, what I thought was, an awesome no-call by the refs. Take a dive, no calls, keep your feet moving and we'll call it every time. It's why they called interference on Orpik earlier in the game, but not on Marchand on this play.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
agree on crosby - guy needs to shut up and play the game. he's too good to be such a whiner.

as far as the calls, i thought it was a good sign that the refs gave him 2 for interference on that hip check to bergy. they don't always make that call, so doing it on crosby tells me the refs aren't giving this guy special treatment.

I disagree. He does get special treatment. What other player can have that jaw protector on his stupid ****ing face, then proceed to slash, crosscheck, even punch opposing players after the whistle? Did it through the isles and sens series. You retaliate? You go to the box, he goes on the PP.

Why if they're going to take a penalty, be sure to really earn it. Like Wally said, give him something to really cry about. Something that would make Savard laugh so hard, he gets a mild headache.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
It will be interesting to see how game 2 goes. There are times that the squeaky wheel gets the grease.

What I'm afraid of, too. Worked for Pronger in 2010. Truth is the B's are a very disciplined team. Why we see them called for more ticky tack stuff than any other team.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto

Just want to post this here to draw a little attention to, what I thought was, an awesome no-call by the refs. Take a dive, no calls, keep your feet moving and we'll call it every time. It's why they called interference on Orpik earlier in the game, but not on Marchand on this play.

They should have called both - interference on Marchand and embellishment on Letang.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
They should have called both - interference on Marchand and embellishment on Letang.

you know...I actually thought the same thing during the game. Was really surprised he didn't get an interference penalty. But that 2nd angle in that replay shows that Marchand let up and never actually hit him. Letang saw him coming and fell into Marchand taking his glove with him. I can totally see now why the ref let it go.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
What I'm afraid of, too. Worked for Pronger in 2010. Truth is the B's are a very disciplined team. Why we see them called for more ticky tack stuff than any other team.

I fully expect the next game to be called a lot tighter.

Remember last round when Krejci got that tick tack crosscheck call on Callahan and everyone said "they only take one to stop the after the whistle stuff"?

Where was that last game? They didn't call **** because the Bruins didn't do anything.

I'm OK with that way, but yo know that as soon as Marchand or someone pops crosby, he'll be getting 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad