Post-Game Talk: The Sidney Cry-Fest has Officially Begun. - PGT talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...-bruins-escalate-physical-play-040224059.html

This is just insane.

The Pens PHYSICALLY manhandled us in game one. They outhit us 34-19 and I think that is slightly generous to the Bruins. I don't remember seeing a single Bruins hit that stood out yet:

Letang flattened Marchand
Cooke wrecked McQuaid
Dupuis ran over Ference
Neal running and flattening Lucic
Morrow kept looking for late hits on Krug
Crosby trying to throw an elbow at Marchand's head behind the play
Murray threw Thornton around late in the game
Crosby going out of his way to bump the keeper (huge hockey no-no)
The fight? Malkin, shield up, was fully willing to go with a helmetless Bergeron.

Yet, somehow.... somehow..... he is trying to paint the picture of the Bruins being the physical beasts that the refs let run rampant. It is ridiculous.

No wonder we have this reputation as the "Big Bad Bruins". The Kings are bigger than us (6'2 -211pds on average) but you don't hear anything like that about them --between the Habs and Canucks media and now the Crosby channel... it will just keep going and going.

Amazing how one guy can have a shutout, another guy scores 2 goals and the GW --yet the only interview TSN shows after the game is Crosby. His words, somehow, carry weight around the league and he is calling for the refs to call more calls. I don't know what for, but he wants more of them.

This will be interesting to track throughout the series.

On a side note: He really should keep his nickname Sid the "Kid" because he really is like a little *****y kid that has not grown up. My son will be starting hockey during his prime and if he continues to be pushed as the face of the NHL I won't have anything to do with it --no way my son will be allowed to be such a petulant whiner.

Last edited:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Sidney and all the Penguin apologists and bangwagon fans are hilarious.

I would like to see Mcquaid and Thornton go this series.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Sidney Crosby - Your new Delta Tau Chi name is "Captain Crybaby"

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
What bugs me is the Pens started 90% of the crap (and that's being generous) but Crosby whines and the refs will be snorkeling up his behind next game ready to give him everything he wants-which is more pp and more flexibility to be the punk that he is.

I love the fact that the Pens were frustrated and starting the after whistle crap and the Bruins kept playing their game.

I really don't understand why the refs rollover with regards to the Pens-this whining insults them.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Wow, I forgot about Crosby trying to do the same thing to Marchand that Steckel did to him to start all of his concussion problems. What a joke.

Marley

Feb 10, 2011
That puck off his ugly melon has impacted his ability for rational thought.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I mentioned it in the PGT, but he's incredibly mentally soft. He's the most talented player in the league, but if he can't keep his head in the game and his focus on the puck, then he's going to do stupid things that take him off the ice...and that's exactly what happened last night.

It took the Bruins one game to get in his head. Chara's basically renting the penthouse up there and eating all the food in the fridge.

"Sid the Kid" is perfect. Until he grows up and is able to handle the responsibilities of being a captain like a man, his legacy will be tainted by the label "crybaby." His post-game comments indicate zero ability to stay focused on the overall task for his team.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

The "Big Bad Bruins" name comes not from our size (although Chara and Lucic are standouts), but from the fact that they don't back down when physically challenged. Strike that - they play their BEST when challenged.

You've been hitting the size drum pretty hard and I agree that I'd like to see the Bruins get bigger. But team averages have so little to do with it.

I used to be a fan of Crosby's. But I can't be anymore. He's intolerable.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Chara should have given him something to really cry about.

You don't have to be the greatest lipreader to see that Crosby called Chara a "effing feline" during that tete a tete. If Chara wasn't a responsible, intelligent captain, Crosby would have lost the rest of his teeth.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
I really can't imagine Crosby wants to pick a fight with Chara of all people. I wish Chara would have tuned him up last night.

All the talent in the world and you can't help but hate the guy for his antics.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Crosby seems to be a very poor loser. The Pens were obviously starting the most crap out there and laying the most hits. Julien I'm sure told the Bs to stay away from getting too aggressive due to his strategy of limiting PP chances for the Pens. But of course since Sid's team lost he has to get all delusional and start making **** up. I want to see this big tough guy go after Chara away from the refs. Of course he won't because he's nothing but mouth when it comes to being a tough guy. It's too bad he feels the need to get into his immature whiny frame of mind when he loses, especially when it is whining about something that doesn't exist.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada

The "Big Bad Bruins" name comes not from our size (although Chara and Lucic are standouts), but from the fact that they don't back down when physically challenged. Strike that - they play their BEST when challenged.

You've been hitting the size drum pretty hard
and I agree that I'd like to see the Bruins get bigger. But team averages have so little to do with it.

Agreed --but this is what they should get credit for rather than the media pushing this myth that they are a team of super-sized goons looking to turn games into a brawl akin to the Broad Street Bullies or something.

I think this often swallowed myth helped keep our PPs at the bottom of the league this season.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

You've been hitting the size drum pretty hard and I agree that I'd like to see the Bruins get bigger. But team averages have so little to do with it.

Same here. I've actually defended him in the past, noting that great players take more than their share of abuse. But my God, do any of them whine THAT much?

Even last night, if he lost his head during the game, he had time afterward to get it on straight and act as a captain should. Instead, he complained even more, and actually made himself come off worse. Amazing.

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nh...-bruins-escalate-physical-play-040224059.html

This is just insane.

The Pens PHYSICALLY manhandled us in game one. They outhit us 34-19 and I think that is slightly generous to the Bruins. I don't remember seeing a single Bruins hit that stood out yet:

Letang flattened Marchand
Cooke wrecked McQuaid
Dupuis ran over Ference
Neal running and flattening Lucic
Morrow kept looking for late hits on Krug
Crosby trying to throw an elbow at Marchand's head behind the play
Murray threw Thornton around late in the game
Crosby going out of his way to bump the keeper (huge hockey no-no)
The fight? Malkin, shield up, was fully willing to go with a helmetless Bergeron.

Yet, somehow.... somehow..... he is trying to paint the picture of the Bruins being the physical beasts that the refs let run rampant. It is ridiculous.

No wonder we have this reputation as the "Big Bad Bruins". The Kings are bigger than us (6'2 -211pds on average) but you don't hear anything like that about them --between the Habs and Canucks media and now the Crosby channel... it will just keep going and going.

Amazing how one guy can have a shutout, another guy scores 2 goals and the GW --yet the only interview TSN shows after the game is Crosby. His words, somehow, carry weight around the league and he is calling for the refs to call more calls. I don't know what for, but he wants more of them.

This will be interesting to track throughout the series.

On a side note: He really should keep his nickname Sid the "Kid" because he really is like a little *****y kid that has not grown up. My son will be starting hockey during his prime and if he continues to be pushed as the face of the NHL I won't have anything to do with it --no way my son will be allowed to be such a petulant whiner.

Insane...... agreed.

The total biased nature of that article and the ball washing Said gets is just amazing.

But I also heard the rink staff in pitt us happy.... they are using his tears to resurface the ice.....

Last edited:

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Guy is an embarrassment to an already embarrassing franchise. They should give the C to Malkin.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Guy is an embarrassment to an already embarrassing franchise. They should give the C to Malkin.

Granted, your scenario will NEVER happen...but....I actually really like Malkin and if I'm looking at complete player, I think he's actually better than Crosby. Again, Crosby's talent is second to none, but he's got a ten cent head. Malkin's prone to his dumb decisions (as all these guys are from time to time) but dude can keep his head on straight.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
I want Chara to go after him if he starts mouthing off again or goes after Rask. Usually losing Chara for 5 minutes isn't worth it but if you're taking Crosby with you? Go all out before the officials have time to rescue him.

trudatman*

how is his name spelled?

is it Crysby or Criesby?

tumblr_mf2x20IsmF1raloeqo1_500.jpg

sidney-crybaby-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-cry-oh-wait-yes-i-do-707b8e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

blackngold4877

Aug 31, 2006

Seriously? Malkin feels a stick near his skates and falls to the ice like he just got his legs chopped off. the guy is 6'3" 212lbs and gets knocked over by a light breeze. Both talented guys, that goes without saying, but I wouldnt want either to be the captain of my team.

badbrewin

Sponsor
Jan 13, 2007
Montreal
Well, the Bs have the Merlot Line and it looks like Crosby is lobbying his to go by the Fine Whine Line.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I want Chara to go after him if he starts mouthing off again or goes after Rask. Usually losing Chara for 5 minutes isn't worth it but if you're taking Crosby with you? Go all out before the officials have time to rescue him.

The Pens are actually very lethal without Sid on the ice. Us having Chara out there is more important than the Pens having Sidney. Pens score with or without Crosby. I hope Chara keeps his cool and doesn't waste his time with a cowardly chirp-goblin like Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad