News Article: The Senators are the worst-run Canadian NHL team.

Brannstorm

Feb 15, 2016
Ottawa
Big deal.....We have had good prospects pools and where did that get us??EM doesnt want to pay for a winner,if it takes away from his profit margin...So we will be right back here again as soon as any of these kids wants to be paid fairly
Well hopefully not. If Eugene pays up 2021-2025 we need to sign everyone up then. Bridge contracts before then. Haha not ideal but hey at least it's something.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Unreal.

Even today, you can't stop spinning.
And you can't stop your non stop bitchin! It seems you have a personal vendetta against the team and only are happy when things are terrible or awful. Just "bad" is not good enough for you? So the Sens are the 3rd worst run team in pro sports. Does that make you sad they are not number 1?? You are the strangest type of "fan".

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
And you can't stop your non stop *****in! It seems you have a personal vendetta against the team and only are happy when things are terrible or awful. Just "bad" is not good enough for you? So the Sens are the 3rd worst run team in pro sports. Does that make you sad they are not number 1?? You are the strangest type of "fan".
What's wrong with you? Did you pay any attention to what's happening?

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
And you can't stop your non stop *****in! It seems you have a personal vendetta against the team and only are happy when things are terrible or awful. Just "bad" is not good enough for you? So the Sens are the 3rd worst run team in pro sports. Does that make you sad they are not number 1?? You are the strangest type of "fan".
Melnyk is NOT the team.

I'm thrilled when things go terribly for the Sens POS owner.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Melnyk is NOT the team.

I'm thrilled when things go terribly for the Sens POS owner.

I think you are a very disgruntled former employee of the Sens. Been around less than 18 months over 5000 posts, 90 % negative. Seems like a personal vendetta to me.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I think you are a very disgruntled former employee of the Sens. Been around less than 18 months over 5000 posts, 90 % negative. Seems like a personal vendetta to me.
LOL

You go Sherlock!

About as accurate as your other takes...

You are right about the Vendetta...not that I've ever tried to hide the fact that I hate our POS owner.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
we had a cup finaI a ecf.. and many pIayoff appearences aIot of other teams havvn't had that in there past 15 years.. and you don't see tthem acting as bad as part of our fan base does on here. most teams have Iow years and up years.. at the moment its going to be a few Iow years most Iikey and Iike I said before yes our owner sucks.. yes our gm isn't very good and currentIy probabIy worse gm in Ieague… but the revoIt from the fan base if it keeps getting worse is going to do nothing but get this team reIocated.
Yes no one is arguing we’ve always been the worst run franchise. But in recent years they are maybe the worst in pro sports

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Scott Stinson: The Senators are the worst-run Canadian NHL team. Given the competition, that’s some achievement

“It takes some doing to be the most poorly run of the Canadian NHL franchises in a world in which the Edmonton Oilers also exist, but the Sens are making a fine run at pulling it off.

To be charitable for a minute, Ottawa does have a good pool of young players and prospects: Thomas Chabot, Brady Tkachuk, Colin White, Maxime Lajoie at the NHL level, plus others in the pipeline.”
agreed...but would be in Better shape if they actually got something decent for a 2 time Norris Trophy winner in his Prime, and also for Hoffman.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
What is this "rift" you are talking about? There was no rift, only one that Melnyk and Dorion used as an excuse to cut costs. Karlsson's Instagram account was littered with him hanging out with current Sens players throughout the summer.

The only rift that existed was between the wives of EK and Hoff. When Hoff was traded, that should have solved it, but EK "wanted to be paid", just like every other upcoming UFA, Melnyk didn't like that. Thus, the real rift between the owner and the fanbase began.

Karlsson, Duchene, Stone, Dzingel, Hoffman. 5 star players that have been moved within a 10 month period. This has never happened in sports before and there is no reason to let Melnyk/Dorion off the hook here.

I commend you...you said it all !!!!

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Oilers are managed infinitely worse. Their management was given all the tools to win, and they not only failed to win, but they made moves that have cap locked the team and set them back to the point that a team with Connor McDavid as the centerpiece might not be a consistent playoff team anytime soon.

We're the worst organization because of how terrible our ownership is, but our management below ownership is not nearly as bad as the Oilers. There has to be a distinction made, because at this point it seems as if Melnyk is part of the management structure, but that is a consequence of Melnyk being our owner and isn't entirely normal in the NHL. So when I say management, I mean everybody below Melnyk.

That's not even a defense of our management. The bar has been set so low by the Oilers.

Make no mistake though, we're the worse organization.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Can't believe they specified "Canadian". Story should have said "professional team in any sport" instead.

We are probably in contention for the worst organization out of the MLB/NFL/NBA/NHL.

It's astounding how much this team has f***ed itself up in a few short years. It's kind of impressive.

Reactions: billpo

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Maybe we can pull a Golden State Warriors. Melnyk sells the team after years of turmoil to a group that actually cares about the team and not just making money. Then we get a generation defining talent that changes the way the game is played and have “Unpralled Success”

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Oilers are managed infinitely worse. Their management was given all the tools to win, and they not only failed to win, but they made moves that have cap locked the team and set them back to the point that a team with Connor McDavid as the centerpiece might not be a consistent playoff team anytime soon.

We're the worst organization because of how terrible our ownership is, but our management below ownership is not nearly as bad as the Oilers. There has to be a distinction made, because at this point it seems as if Melnyk is part of the management structure, but that is a consequence of Melnyk being our owner and isn't entirely normal in the NHL. So when I say management, I mean everybody below Melnyk.

That's not even a defense of our management. The bar has been set so low by the Oilers.

Make no mistake though, we're the worse organization.

That's pretty much the key.

Edmonton has an owner with money and willing to spend. All Katz really has to do, is get to his senses and hire quality management (and some better scouts). It'll take time of course, but they have all the tools at their disposal to right the ship.

It's all about whether or not Katz will do it.

Reactions: DueDiligence

Asquaredx2

Mar 10, 2008
I started watching hockey at the 2002 Olympics, so I became a Sens fan around 02-03. That means I missed the rough years before we had a run of several 100+ point seasons.

For those who were fans in the late 90s: when it was bad, was it as bad as it is now? I mean I know the team was in danger of moving. But from a management and on-ice product perspective, was it as devoid of hope as things are now? Or were there at least some moments of optimism?

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I’m starting to think that Melnyk is torpedoing the team to destroy fan interest to a point of no return, in order to gain impetus to move the team with the NHLs blessing. He hates this market so damn bad.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m starting to think that Melnyk is torpedoing the team to destroy fan interest to a point of no return, in order to gain impetus to move the team with the NHLs blessing. He hates this market so damn bad.

Well this is the exact plot to major league so.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
It's funny that people think the oilers are better than us because they were able to draft macdavid, congrats to them for winning the lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad