News Article: The Senators are the worst-run Canadian NHL team.

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Haha, oh ya.

Let's say you had Dylan Strome and Max Domi, Probably want to keep those guys. However the actual whole atmosphere and organisation in Arizona wouldn't allow these guys to play anywhere near their potential. Look at what they are doing in Chicago and Montreal.

I look at that situation and see a much more toxic and long term problem. We bring guys in like Duchene and they play better here. Canada is a nice play to play hockey. Can't always be said about Dallas, Florida, Carolina, etc. especially when they are losing. These guys joined the league to be stars and they can be stars here.
Yea, but we are a "farm" team

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, they need to develop them properly then trade them to contenders in their prime like we do.
aTIeast we went to a cup finaI and ecf and few pIayoff appearences on top of that… It couId be worse Iook at Arizona,coIumbus fIorida edmonton,. yes our owner sucks but the constant hate and whining on here has gone 2 far.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
aTIeast we went to a cup finaI and ecf and few pIayoff appearences on top of that… It couId be worse Iook at Arizona,coIumbus fIorida edmonton,. yes our owner sucks but the constant hate and whining on here has gone 2 far.

The amount of criticism this organization receives is entirely deserving in relation to how poorly it is run.

What else do you want the fanbase to do after getting repeatedly punched in the teeth? Smile and ask for more?

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
If our organizational standard is now Arizona, Columbus (kind of a weird one, but I'll leave it), Florida and the last decade+ of Edmonton, that's not really an elite selection of teams to brag about having slightly more of the same pile of nothing, in comparison.

If people need to be white knights, do it elsewhere. I literally have zero hope for the foreseeable future in any aspect of our team's operations, but the Sens should be so lucky that we are still paying attention and care. I care less, but I can't lie and say I care ZERO.

Absolutely the Sens are the worst run team in Canada. It's pitiful. Everything we do is wrong. Now, here we sit, less than 4-days from the trade deadline and a week away from a huge date for future viability of the Sens in Ottawa and we've entrusted Pierre Dorion and a partnership involving perhaps the most toxic businessman in pro-sports with that outcome.

f***. Me.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
The amount of criticism this organization receives is entirely deserving in relation to how poorly it is run.

What else do you want the fanbase to do after getting repeatedly punched in the teeth? Smile and ask for more?

we had a cup finaI a ecf.. and many pIayoff appearences aIot of other teams havvn't had that in there past 15 years.. and you don't see tthem acting as bad as part of our fan base does on here. most teams have Iow years and up years.. at the moment its going to be a few Iow years most Iikey and Iike I said before yes our owner sucks.. yes our gm isn't very good and currentIy probabIy worse gm in Ieague… but the revoIt from the fan base if it keeps getting worse is going to do nothing but get this team reIocated.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
we had a cup finaI a ecf.. and many pIayoff appearences aIot of other teams havvn't had that in there past 15 years.. and you don't see tthem acting as bad as part of our fan base does on here. most teams have Iow years and up years.. at the moment its going to be a few Iow years most Iikey and Iike I said before yes our owner sucks.. yes our gm isn't very good and currentIy probabIy worse gm in Ieague… but the revoIt from the fan base if it keeps getting worse is going to do nothing but get this team reIocated.
How you could do an assessment of the problems with this franchise and fail to mention Melnyk is beyond me.

The past 15 years are meaningless in examining which team is CURRENTLY the worst run in the NHL.

This team is a tire fire.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Oilers had 5 Cups. Why don't you factor in those?

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
How you could do an assessment of the problems with this franchise and fail to mention Melnyk is beyond me.

The past 15 years are meaningless in examining which team is CURRENTLY the worst run in the NHL.

This team is a tire fire.

I said our owner sucks maybe you need to read?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I'd say that it's arguable whether Edmonton or Ottawa is worse in terms of how they are run, but Edmonton might finally be on the upswing. Arizona also seems to be perpetually be spinning its wheels.

In terms of professional sports and historically, we're far from the worst. Bill Wirtz and Ballard come to mind in hockey, Atlanta had an ownership group team that salted the earth in order to force a relocation, Tampa had a partnership that sued each other and basically attempted a coup and hired /fired front office staff without the other partner being on board. Florida fired a coach on the road and forced them to get a taxi. And the examples go on just in hockey. Baseball and basketball are full of examples as well of horribly mismanaged teams both over the short term and long term.

We just happen to be a franchise with an owner who wants to be in the front office himself and doesn't seem to have the pockets deep enough to do what he wants. Which isn't the first time it's happened either in pro sports, and really we've only really seen its effects for a couple years now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad