OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Holy hell do I miss the late 70s and early 80s bass sounds...the pop and new wave bass is so chunky...Sara Lee kills it on this but Dave Allen got me started playing bass...

Musicman StingRays man. They got that SOUND. :laugh:

My 80s post-punk go-to bass sound is basically Big Black/Jesus Lizard/80s Chicago Touch-and-Go sound. So basically everything through an Accoustic Control Corp. amp or the Traynor TS-50B. The bass itself does not matter, just crank it all to ten.

Like so:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Musicman StingRays man. They got that SOUND. :laugh:

My 80s post-punk go-to bass sound is basically Big Black/Jesus Lizard/80s Chicago Touch-and-Go sound. So basically everything through an Accoustic Control Corp. amp or the Traynor TS-50B. The bass itself does not matter, just crank it all to ten.

Like so:

idk...I associate it with the Brits....kind of in conjunction with the compressed drum sound of Phil Collins...very funky, taken imo from the funk r&b groups and moved into the post punk, new wave genre and then into pop music...it was ubiquitous in the early 80s from Peter Gabriel to pretty much everyone (including Queen) and I love it....just look at:

to these pop gems...

Last edited:
Reactions: Blowfish

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
sJnXOKi.gif

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I miss Girl Talk...which means I caved and bought Fuser (Harmonix's new music game) last night.

Taking music I don't like and turning it into something entertaining (be it actually good or just, you know, a cacophony of Billie Eilish, Basement Jaxx, Rage Against the Machine, and Dolly Parton doing four way too different things at the same time).

And yes, @ColePens, they have Coldplay and The Chainsmokers in it.

Sincerely saddens me that tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Girl Talk's last album...though given the legal clusterf*** that is copyright and fair use law I definitely understand why it'll probably remain his last.
NSFW music (get out the way bitch, get out the way)

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I miss Girl Talk...which means I caved and bought Fuser (Harmonix's new music game) last night.

Taking music I don't like and turning it into something entertaining (be it actually good or just, you know, a cacophony of Billie Eilish, Basement Jaxx, Rage Against the Machine, and Dolly Parton doing four way too different things at the same time).

And yes, @ColePens, they have Coldplay and The Chainsmokers in it.

Sincerely saddens me that tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of Girl Talk's last album...though given the legal clusterf*** that is copyright and fair use law I definitely understand why it'll probably remain his last.

I don't know what this is... but I'm beyond fascinated by it. I couldn't stop listening. :laugh: It's like looking at really ugly art but for some reason finding it so beautiful.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Gave that a listen while I was making lunch and eating lunch. Hadn't heard that album of his before. But it's freaking great.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Listen you wankers @Tom Hanks @ColePens when it comes to Holiday music, I tend to keep it as classic as I can, just sounds nicer on the Sonos all throughout the house, makes me feel like one of those old timey wankers with way too much rum in my Egg Nog stumbling around the house listening to old Christmas Music like I am a sunburned Don Draper.

But anyways...really digging this jam.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
As closures start expanding more here and people are asked to stay at home more, I’m returning to my CV 19 playlist to cheer me up...here’s one song I appreciate more and more as I get older, particularly the profundity of the lyrics from a great songwriter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad