OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I just ordered a jag of records. Finally got Scary Monsters by Bowie, Here Come The Warm Jets by Eno (I already had Taking Tiger Mountain and Another Green World), Protean Threat by Osees, Rage's debut album (I felt like I had to add this... nostalgia), 36 Chambers by Wu Tang, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco and last but certainly not least Delta Momma Blues by Townes Van Zandt. Here's a favorite of mine off that last record:

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I just ordered a jag of records. Finally got Scary Monsters by Bowie, Here Come The Warm Jets by Eno (I already had Taking Tiger Mountain and Another Green World), Protean Threat by Osees, Rage's debut album (I felt like I had to add this... nostalgia), 36 Chambers by Wu Tang, Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco and last but certainly not least Delta Momma Blues by Townes Van Zandt. Here's a favorite of mine off that last record:

Gotta get Before and After Science to complete the quad.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
If anyone is interested in American roots music of whatever stripe, you owe it to yourself to track down Peter Guralnick's books. He has a great profile of Charley Pride along with all sorts of other obscure or forgotten blues, country, soul, r'n'b and rock musicians in one of his collections-- I think it's Lost Highway?

Factorial

Oct 7, 2019

Those Eno records are fantastic. I had them all by 1985 or so. :) TTM is one of my favorite albums.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Those Eno records are fantastic. I had them all by 1985 or so. :) TTM is one of my favorite albums.

85 damn I thought you were younger than me based on your (excellent) taste in music! lol

I have to think TTM is probably my overall favorite of the lot. But I mean... too tough to choose just one. Changes daily.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side

There’s a nice little message board all about vinyl if you want to visit and spend even more money on records.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad