The Sedins Were Stars at Best Who had Each Other. Not HHOF Worthy.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I await your reasoning.
You don't have to capitalize every word in a title; usually that includes words that don't add much meaning and are just there so that the sentence makes sense. Words like for, and, to, at, don't hold anything unique wrt their usage and so you wouldn't have to capitalize them. It's the best I can explain it

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I agree that they wouldn't be nearly as good had they not had the luxury of playing their entire careers on the same line, but the reality is they did have the luxury, and they did accomplish a lot together, so you can't really take that away from them. They definitely deserve to be in the HHOF because of this. The only time when I think that it detracts from their legacy is if you compare either one individually to another player of similar caliber. For instance, I don't think either one is better than Sundin, Alfredsson, or Naslund.

Reactions: Klank Loves You

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
I watched a lot of Sedin hockey. IMO, good for most of their career, great for a couple with good supporting casts. Definitely not HHOF Worthy.

Showing up and protesting worthy.
Good supporting casts?! Who did they play with that would be a good standalone player on their own? They literally made their wingers' careers haha.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You don't have to capitalize every word in a title; usually that includes words that don't add much meaning and are just there so that the sentence makes sense. Words like for, and, to, at, don't hold anything unique wrt their usage and so you wouldn't have to capitalize them. It's the best I can explain it
Of course, which is why I didn't say "at" should be. I specifically left it out. "Had" adds meaning. Usually the words not capitalized are articles or prepositions. "Had" is neither.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
At the end of the day, it comes down to whether they are the best players eligible in a given year. Considering they were 2 of the top 5 forwards in the game for probably a 3-4 year stretch, that should get them in at some point, if not first year of eligibility.
I don't think this should be the criteria. I think someone should only get in if they were good enough, not because it was a down year of players that were eligible. Not saying the Sedins weren't good enough though, thats a totally different discussion.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Yea they were good but boring good, never cared about watching them. They’re probably hall of fame worthy, though.

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
And btw, @Didalee Hed , I love you too. I don't think I've been mean-spirited in here, I just am a bit passionate about the HHOF and those who are included and those who are excluded. I'm quite passionate that the Sedins are not worthy of it. No slight to Canucks fans. I actually honored Trevor Linden and Bure in this thread and from the outset said that I thought the Sedins were good players with peaks of greatness for a few years.
Really?

Just childish, repeitive, boring drivel, then?

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
They were decent players but the reality is without the twin brothers-storyline they would not be in consideration for the hall by any stretch. They should get a special joint slot for Henrik and Daniel Sedin if they ever get indicted.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00