Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part I (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
We need to post political so in a scenario Devils need a center and maybe we need to tone down all the Kakko talks - he is not a Canadian player so he need to learn the language, right.. And guys from Finland take a while to learn english normally - so it might be a language barrier. And while Jack Hughes fit right in into Devils lineup an elite center like a silk glove - which people all around the world have talked about for years now! :)

Well so we probably end up with Kaapo Kakko who need to learn english, but I`m so happy about it and take the risk! ;)

Last edited:

ijuka

May 14, 2016
It might’ve been buried in the other thread so I’m not sure if anyone saw it

If anyone wants to see more of Kakko to get a feel for his game, a subscription to ProspectShifts.com is literally $5 a month. They have a ton of Kakko shift by shifts which is worth it in itself for $5. They post shift by shifts every day and I’m pretty sure they have at least one for 100+ eligible guys. No I am not being paid to say this lol
Yeah, a single $5 payment in the month leading up to the draft is a very good investment, allowing you to check all the videos of a prospect you'd like, though subscribing for the entire year seems very pointless to me.

There also are some free videos. For example, this shift-by-shift is a free sample that is quite recent, probably useful for taking a look at how he plays the game: Kaapo Kakko vs JYP | Feb 13 2019

Reactions: Ori

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Laine is a one dimensional player Kakko does it all imo.

For sure Kakko looks like the superior overall player.

Laine has the shot, but Kakko doesn't have a major weakness to his game.
He's going to be a nightmare to get off the puck, he can already bully men, what will be in few years?

Reactions: Ori

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey
Didn't Gorton have Svechnikov as the top forward last year with Kratsov after him at 2 or 3? Its not like Gorton has absurd rankings. He had Petterson #1. He wanted Keller. Its blown out of proportion when all Gorton is guilty of is taking Anderson over Mittlestadt and Kratsov over Wahlstrom. You will shave years off your life if you overthink this.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

I like their top ten already if you switch Dach and Byram.

LA heavily scouted Cozens, makes sense.

Don't care for the other two firsts they have us taking.

I know this sounds stupid, but there really is part of me that is going to miss discussions and the possibility of Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras or Byram.

Not that I would trade places, but those were the names we spent so much time with. There’s an attachment there.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I wasn’t expecting Kaako’s numbers to be so staggering in the Finnish league but holy **** his number are impressive. 22 goals in 45 games? 4 goals in 5 games in the playoffs? As a 17 year old. The Rangers has never drafted this caliber of player since Brian Leetch.

Here’s the sick part. Leetch was not seen as that caliber of player in 1986.

Reactions: Bluenote13

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I think is quite obvious that when the rangers select Kakko, he will be the best forward prospect this team has ever drafted. (I know, not a high bar...)

You can make the argument he will be the most hyped and well regarded player the Rangers have ever drafted - period.

That’s not a comparison to the careers of all time greats, it’s looking at how players were viewed at the time of their drafting.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I know this sounds stupid, but there really is part of me that is going to miss discussions and the possibility of Cozens, Turcotte, Zegras or Byram.

Not that I would trade places, but those were the names we spent so much time with. There’s an attachment there.
Same. I was ready for Turcotte... I'll take Hughes/Kakko as a consolation though. Haha

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

InTheShift

Jul 24, 2002

I was so on board the Zegras train because our luck couldn’t be this good. What do I do now? Oh that’s right, strut.

Reactions: Bluenote13

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
I think is quite obvious that when the rangers select Kakko, he will be the best forward prospect this team has ever drafted. (I know, not a high bar...)

Crazy to think about, such unchartered waters for even the most seasoned blueblood.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
For the record, I like Kakko better.

Better overall player, none of the personality concerns.

Still 2 months until draft and a GM usually value a center especially if he has elite skills like Jack Hughes.
But if it was up to me this evening - I would end up on Kaapo Kakko too - so I like kakko better as well @Edge
I talked about positivity and see what happened, we end up with an elite talent - a franchise player in 2019 draft - who had thought! :)

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad