Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part I (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
People like to mention Matthews, Forsberg, Rantanen with him, Rants from Finnish comparables even though he really doesn't have one.

No major weaknessess, high skill powerforward in the making.
I've heard kucherov as well

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
After that Jack Hughes interview revealing that he skated with hall over the summer and it coming out hall saying he wants more talent or he's leaving I gotta imagine even if the devils think kakko is a a little better they'd go with Hughes to play with hall. I'm just scared of the rangers taking the Russian Fwd or a D man over kakko..

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

theFiGS

Oct 13, 2013
Meaning a slam dunk that it's Kakko, who I would vastly prefer.
I gotcha well this isn't a when life gives you lemons situation lol last year on this board everyday it was loose for Hughes. I wanna see kakko as well but at least we know next fall 1 of the 2 will be a ranger if they don't f*** this up

Reactions: Svenhart2008

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
After that Jack Hughes interview revealing that he skated with hall over the summer and it coming out hall saying he wants more talent or he's leaving I gotta imagine even if the devils think kakko is a a little better they'd go with Hughes to play with hall. I'm just scared of the rangers taking the Russian Fwd or a D man over kakko..

0 chance. Whoever between JH/KK is on the board at 2 is who NYR take. Most likely KK.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think it's 100% clear-cut that number one is Hughes, from a talent perspective, anyway. He's a center and he's had the hype for a few years so it will almost certainly be him, but I think you can make a compelling case for Kakko as the top talent available.

I wouldn't worry about going off the board. There's a definite top two here. The Andersson pick, the Kravtsov pick, Chytil, whoever, there were a few guys (or more) that could have reasonably gone in those spots. That's not the case now. It's Hughes or Kakko, and almost certainly Kakko.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
What is the Devils needs that`s the 10000$ question - will they go for a center in 2019?

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It might’ve been buried in the other thread so I’m not sure if anyone saw it

If anyone wants to see more of Kakko to get a feel for his game, a subscription to ProspectShifts.com is literally $5 a month. They have a ton of Kakko shift by shifts which is worth it in itself for $5. They post shift by shifts every day and I’m pretty sure they have at least one for 100+ eligible guys. No I am not being paid to say this lol

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I mean, thread it up if you want, but there's no certainty NJ doesn' go with this kid.

They went with Hischier late over Patrick (It was a late shift) and they very well could do the same here.

Reactions: Lays

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
So how does this guy project in the nhl? I havent followed an nhl draft since we took mcilrath over tarasenko after i posted day after day on these boards that i wanted tarasenko

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
Rangers finally "win" the lottery and get #2... fanbase gets excited and creates thread for player who could be our pick... we end up getting someone else.

Rongos gonna Rongo.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
What is the Devils needs that`s the 10000$ question - will they go for a center in 2019?

They have a huge hole at center behind Nico. Zacha might be a bust and same with McLeod. In the Metro center depth is king so they'd be foolish to pass on Hughes.

I'd imagine they also have their eyes on Panarin so they'd go with the center.

Reactions: Ori
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad