Prospect Info: The Second Overall Pick Thread: Part I (Kakko/Hughes Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibanejbread

Rebuilding.
Jan 19, 2013
PA
I’d really keep this to a second overall pick thread.

We just can’t rule out that Kakko could be the first pick.

I say this for the sanity of this board, not for my own preferences.
This. NJD could very easily take him 1OA

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I said on here last week if I had the first pick I’d take Kakko over Hughes. I’m certain if Kakko was canadian he’d be the consensus first overall.

He’s been closing on Hughes for months and by the time of the draft he could pass him.

Regardless as long as Gordie Clark gets locked in a closet that day we should be walking away with Hughes or Kakko. Podkolzin is not better than these two kids no one would make that mistake......would they?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
They have a huge hole at center behind Nico. Zacha might be a bust and same with McLeod. In the Metro center depth is king so they'd be foolish to pass on Hughes.

I'd imagine they also have their eyes on Panarin so they'd go with the center.

Yes that`s my thought process too what position will their GM value most, and I`m almost 102% certain they will end up on Jack Hughes - they can`t pass up an elite center like him.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
So seriously, can we start a movement of some sort to lobby the Rangers to make sure they pick either Kakko or Hughes? Like, march on 7th Avenue, send letters to Gorton’s house, kidnap Al Trautwig, something?

I’m seriously not going to be able to handle it if they pull a smartest guy in the room move on June 21st. We, the fans, have the power to ensure that doesn’t happen, right?!?!?!?

Last edited:

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Either way... today was a (potentially) great day. If Kakko tears it up at the WC and NJ has no choice but to pick Kakko over Hughes we will end up with Hughes.

If NJ sticks with Hughes we are going to end up with a 6'4 200+lbs Finnish beast.

At this point (if both reach their potential) I honestly don't care which one of these 2 we will end up with.

Not comparing them at all but this feels like a Crosby/Ovechkin type situation. Both great players in their own category.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
Either way... today was a (potentially) great day. If Kakko tears it up at the WC and NJ has no choice but to pick Kakko over Hughes we will end up with Hughes.

2OA is the stress-free pick of this draft. If we were picking 1OA I'd be worried we made the wrong pick until their careers started to play out. With 2OA there's no guesswork, you take who you get and you win either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad