OT: The Second OT Social Bubble Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

December5th

Feb 5, 2021
victoria
for tv shows follow my recommendation. the first 3 are not known at all but very good. the second two are a bit more well known. but seriously check out patriot you will love it, its so unkown because the name sounds generic but its anything but that

Patriot
Perpetual Grace
Condor

Barry
Leftovers

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
for tv shows follow my recommendation. the first 3 are not known at all but very good. the second two are a bit more well known. but seriously check out patriot you will love it, its so unkown because the name sounds generic but its anything but that

Patriot
Perpetual Grace
Condor

Barry
Leftovers

I'll have to check these ones out.

Warrior on HBO is a pretty good series, IMO.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
Does anybody have a recommendation of where to buy display cases/frames for hockey jerseys? I saw some at Michael's the other day but have no point of reference here. Quality/type/price, I'm open to anything at the moment.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Speaking of TV, I'm curious on your opinions.

We are all in agreement that The Orville is proper Trek, yes? I'm looking forward to the next season, I don't watch much TV anymore but I really like this one.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I might have to check this out. I don't like the name though, it hurts that there was no Quark DS9 spinoff with a Cheers theme to it
I don't remember much from that series (granted I wasn't that old back then). I just mentioned it because of the name "Quark".:laugh:

(eg., I wouldn't bother trying track down old episodes)

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
I don't remember much from that series (granted I wasn't that old back then). I just mentioned it because of the name "Quark".:laugh:

(eg., I wouldn't bother trying track down old episodes)

If you're a sci-fi fan at all DS9 is worth watching. When I was young I hated it, I much preferred TNG and Voyager, but I watched all of Trek a while ago and DS9 definitely stood out among the rest. It starts off slow but it really comes into its own. The thing is for me, I love character development in shows. I don't really watch movies because at the end I don't really care what happens, but in a TV show when a character dies I feel like I've lost someone you know? When that character finally takes a step and has a meaningful moment and breaks through whatever was holding them bag, I can't help but to feel happy for them. You just learn more about the characters and the universe they live in when you watch TV shows, and DS9 did a very good job of building that world for me compared to the other Trek series'.

A comparable series would be Babylon 5 if you've seen it.

Reactions: Hit the post

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
racefansdotnet-21-03-01-18-10-01-3.jpg

That is one of the best liveries I've seen in a long time

Reactions: WTG

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Also, holy shit, Lance Stroll (who has an almost identical DOB to Cale Makar, for reference) is going into his fifth season already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad