The Search For a GM II: 2nd Round of Interviews Under Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
So if they have a Gm in place and Burke has been seen at the Condors games.... There is a chance that he is either the new gm or the assistant gm.

AVE MAN

Sep 29, 2003
Visit site
When/where did the Oilers release a statement yesterday?
It wasn't an official statement but when that CFL reporter came out with the Holland rumour, the Oilers updated media with a statement along the lines of "we're still in the process and as of today no offer has gone out'. Check Gregors timeline that's where I read it.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I doubt they'll be able to keep it under wraps for long if the decision has already been made.

....Which might help out Pedersen and his Ken Holland guarantee I guess.

Reactions: AVE MAN

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Great, a wife beater. Sounds right though, he has connections to the OBC and wouldn’t due anything to fire the “culture”
Where are people getting the idea that Burke has connections to the OBC? He's only been with hockey Canada recently, while Nicholson has been with the Oilers. I don't believe he's ever played with Lowe/MacTavish.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Didn't Bob Stauffer's guest today, someone from the Oilers staff, say that the decision has been made already? Or did I mishear that?
Spec asked the guy if he told him who the next GM would be and when he'd be announced. And the guy laughed and said yes, but only off air. Followed it up by saying he didn't have any inside info to share. Could have been a joke.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
The one thing I'm worried about is hiring someone who lets the drafting side go into the toilet again. I know there's those who look at draft picks as tradable assets and nothing more. With Connor and Drai, we can't afford to just go on miracle runs. That's why I'm very hesitant of having KG leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad