The Seabrook Conundrum...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
If teams are acquiring Gudbranson for whatever reason, what's different than a similar player who can still throw an occasional slapper and stretch pass to their foolish minds.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Lol

There's zero comparable contract to Seabrooks. And you're right, that Seabs will sit at home, counting 6.875mil per year.
what a idea, sit home with a uncertified injury collecting his salary.

but we are talking about Seabs here..... doing a interview about how important of a role he can be as a #3-4 d-man to any team.

unbelievable..... i really wonder if he has anything there, between his ears.

Reactions: UncleElroy1224

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I've been thinking about this and actually my sympathy for Seabrook decreased after reading Bobby Ryan's comments about being scratched.

On the one hand I appreciate it was an honest emotional reaction but on the other hand I don't think it was good for the team. I don't expect Seabrook to be scratched for every game but given his level of play it's not unfair that he is among that rotating group. And if the team wins without you it is not unreasonable that the coach goes with the same lineup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ts...se-of-humour-after-benching-1.1389248?tsn-amp

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Trading Seabrook absolutely would help. I would remove the urge of JC/Stan/Others to play him. Addition by subtraction.

But they, like getting rid of the Bickell contract, would be the 'pot sweetener'. I wouldn't want to see a young exciting player ala say Kubilik or others get thrown in to make the deal happen.
LOL Kubalik is nowhere near enough to make Seabrook go away.

Better just use him as a #7 d-man.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've been thinking about this and actually my sympathy for Seabrook decreased after reading Bobby Ryan's comments about being scratched.

On the one hand I appreciate it was an honest emotional reaction but on the other hand I don't think it was good for the team. I don't expect Seabrook to be scratched for every game but given his level of play it's not unfair that he is among that rotating group. And if the team wins without you it is not unreasonable that the coach goes with the same lineup.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tsn.ca/ottawa-senators-forward-bobby-ryan-keeps-perspective-and-a-sense-of-humour-after-benching-1.1389248?tsn-amp

Boom:
“You can go home and be mad and curse the coach, curse the GM and curse whoever you think you need to. But it’s not going to get you anywhere. So I’ve decided to be proactive and take it as a lesson to be better.”

Can the Hawks trade Seabrook for Ryan? Wishful thinking. THAT is how you should respond to being a healthy scratch. With the humility that being a healthy scratch dictates.

f*** Seabrook.

"I think I've been playing good." Sure Seabs. Sure. :thumbu::thumbu:

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
: "I don't think I need rest. I think I feel great, I'm 34, you guys seem to want to write articles about my age and my speed," said Seabrook. "I feel like I still got a lot to offer in this league and still be a good player for somebody."

These are exacts comments from a player that doesn't want to accept responsibility and put in hard work on and off the ice. Instead of him taking this as a message (whether it was or not) and using it to motivate him, he is basically trying to protect his image as valuable, to the media and probably to himself.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Never underestimate the stupidity of GM’s.

True

I mean it was an NHL GM (Stanley) who gave this horrendous contract to Seabrook in first place

But sadly teams usually don't bail out other teams by taking what is the worst contract in NHL off there hands (To be fair Erik Karlsson deal may overtake Seabrook soon if it hasn't already)

So the key to getting rid of Seabrook is getting Bowman hired by another franchise as GM. Seems difficult task to accomplish

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
We can't trade Seabrook to ourselves.

.... or can we....? New mad cap math incoming?

tenor.gif

Reactions: BrianE

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad