The Seabrook Conundrum...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Are you reading your posts? KK is somehow a competent NHL D-man?

4K has been far better than Seabs could ever dream to be at this point.

He has some of the best stats of any D on the Hawks this season, and the eye test matches that.

He has a 58.4% CF and a 57.8 FF, and he has 68.1% D zone starts. I'm not sure how anyone can look at how 4K has played in his 6 games this season, and question if he's a competent NHL defenseman.

You asked BK if he reads his posts. Do you watch the games? :laugh:

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He has some of the best stats of any D on the Hawks this season, and the eye test matches that.

He has a 58.4% CF and a 57.8 FF, and he has 68.1% D zone starts. I'm not sure how anyone can look at how 4K has played in his 6 games this season, and question if he's a competent NHL defenseman.

You asked BK if he reads his posts. Do you watch the games?

And yet our coach has been sitting him

Yet another JC mistake

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
And yet our coach has been sitting him

Yet another JC mistake

Actually, he has played 6 of 11 games this season. He has played over Seabs the last two... and has played in the last 4 games total. And I expect he continues to play.

Nice spin, though.

giphy.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
4K has been far better than Seabs could ever dream to be at this point.

You asked BK if he reads his posts. Do you watch the games? :laugh:

I know right. It is not even close. Mind listing Seabrooks just to ram it home?

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This whole team needs a couple games off, they should forfeit the games that they will be humiliated in which is pretty much games with any team in the top 3 division positions

plank

Aug 26, 2008
Long Dark Blues
If Seabrook waives his NMC for a trade is that NMC voided for his new team?

Watching the Nashville game the other night reminded me of the Kyle Turris trade rumors from this past off-season. Turris has a cap hit and salary of 6 million for 4 more years after this and is playing on the Preds fourth line.
Maybe come the deadline Nashville figures they would rather have a third pair D-man over a fourth line winger with basically the same cap and term.
Say the Hawks retain a million then Seab's cap is 5.875 and his salary for the last 4 years would be 4m, 5m, 4m and 3.5 million. It may not be as difficult to then trade Seabrook to a team needing to hit the floor or Seattle in a couple years.
For the Hawks, they can try to build up Turris' game and if that doesn't work retain some salary on him in a trade to a floor or expansion team.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Watching the Nashville game the other night reminded me of the Kyle Turris trade rumors from this past off-season. Turris has a cap hit and salary of 6 million for 4 more years after this and is playing on the Preds fourth line.
Maybe come the deadline Nashville figures they would rather have a third pair D-man over a fourth line winger with basically the same cap and term.
Say the Hawks retain a million then Seab's cap is 5.875 and his salary for the last 4 years would be 4m, 5m, 4m and 3.5 million. It may not be as difficult to then trade Seabrook to a team needing to hit the floor or Seattle in a couple years.
For the Hawks, they can try to build up Turris' game and if that doesn't work retain some salary on him in a trade to a floor or expansion team.

Yes I believe so.

Reactions: plank

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW

Per CF:
  • The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified

Reactions: plank

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
I think the fear, rightly or wrongly, is that scratching Seabrook for extended period would cause some kind of mutiny in the room among the veterans.

I personally don't think it would, and if it were to happen, it would be a damning indictment of the professionalism of the much-vaunted core.
I read a story recently saying that very same thing. There was grumbling in the room about how Seabs being scratched was handled. I don't know if it's true, but just what I read.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I think the fear, rightly or wrongly, is that scratching Seabrook for extended period would cause some kind of mutiny in the room among the veterans.

I personally don't think it would, and if it were to happen, it would be a damning indictment of the professionalism of the much-vaunted core.

totally agreed.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
From second city hockey story:

Still, the reality is impossible to ignore: Seabrook’s on-ice performance has not matched the salary cap percentage his contract consumes. According to Corsica data, Seabrook is the lowest-ranked Chicago defensemen in terms of percentages for Corsi events for (43.33), shots for (47.81), and expected goals for (42.33) at even-strength play. He’s been on the ice for 11 goals against and only three for in his 158 minutes of ice time in all situations. In his last game, he was on the ice for three of Carolina’s four goals, including an even-strength tally where Hurricanes forward Nino Niederreiter turned Seabrook inside-out to open up a shooting lane.

So Seabs is delusional thinking he can still play at a high level. And so would be his teammates who think that as well.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
From second city hockey story:

Still, the reality is impossible to ignore: Seabrook’s on-ice performance has not matched the salary cap percentage his contract consumes. According to Corsica data, Seabrook is the lowest-ranked Chicago defensemen in terms of percentages for Corsi events for (43.33), shots for (47.81), and expected goals for (42.33) at even-strength play. He’s been on the ice for 11 goals against and only three for in his 158 minutes of ice time in all situations. In his last game, he was on the ice for three of Carolina’s four goals, including an even-strength tally where Hurricanes forward Nino Niederreiter turned Seabrook inside-out to open up a shooting lane.

So Seabs is delusional thinking he can still play at a high level. And so would be his teammates who think that as well.
i really don't know if his team-mates exactly thinks like that, more like he, Seabs is getting the wrong part of shafted..... b/c of what he has done for the org.......

again my other part of the game being define in 2 ways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad