Rumor: (The Score update) PK Subban looking for a 7 year deal north of $6.5M

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
I'd be happy with these numbers, what do you think?

As per the score:

Report: P.K. Subban looking for contract in excess of 7 years, $45 million

juin 17 2014, 4:23 PMJustin Cuthbert

P.K. Subban's decision to sign a bridge deal turned out to be a lucrative one and now, two years later, the Montreal Canadiens defenseman appears unwilling to settle and ready to cash in.

That is, certainly not for less money than a Canadian Olympic teammate.

The polarizing defenseman is reportedly looking to sign a contract in excess of the seven-year, $45.5-million deal St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo signed prior to the 2013 season, per Andy Strickland of FOX Sports Midwest.

Uncomfortable rounds of negotiation loom and while the Canadiens may not award him Pietrangelo money, don't bank on Subban being low-balled this time around.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
What??? I thought he would surely be looking for 8x8-8.5...

If we can get him for 6.5 at long term, that would be amazing i'd think. If this is true, he must really be wanting to win a cup here. I mean, he knows he's worth more, but giving MB another 2.5 mill to be able to play with to address other needs? Wow, would show how much winning means compared to cashing in. I still think this may be false though, but I'm hoping it's not of course! I'd still respect him if he wanted 8 million though. Look at what worse defensemen are getting.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Sounds like BS...everybody else is saying Subban is looking for around 8.5 mil AAV.

Anything under 8 mil would be a win for MB.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Are we sure they aren't just mixing it up again? This could be what the habs want to give him and not what he wants.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If Subban is ready to settle for that amount after all that happened during last negotiations, they should staple the C to his jersey and be done with it.

Oct 22, 2012
This is just probably a statmemt mote than a rumour.

Subban is going to command X amount of money which is more than player Y is getting.

But I'd be really happy if it was true

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
Does nobody understand the meaning of the words "in excess of" .

Bad misleading subject line

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
If this is true, shame on the Habs for not flying the contract out by private jet for him to sign.

Vicious

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
I'd be happy with these numbers, what do you think?

As per the score:

Report: P.K. Subban looking for contract in excess of 7 years, $45 million

juin 17 2014, 4:23 PMJustin Cuthbert

P.K. Subban's decision to sign a bridge deal turned out to be a lucrative one and now, two years later, the Montreal Canadiens defenseman appears unwilling to settle and ready to cash in.

That is, certainly not for less money than a Canadian Olympic teammate.

The polarizing defenseman is reportedly looking to sign a contract in excess of the seven-year, $45.5-million deal St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo signed prior to the 2013 season, per Andy Strickland of FOX Sports Midwest.

Uncomfortable rounds of negotiation loom and while the Canadiens may not award him Pietrangelo money, don't bank on Subban being low-balled this time around.

I think you guys are missing the bolded operative words... It feels more like we offered 45.5/7 and it was rejected. If 45.5/7 is the demand, there is no way no how this contract isn't signed already.

Quagmier

Feb 6, 2003
pics.rapecity.net
I think you guys are missing the bolded operative words... It feels more like we offered 45.5/7 and it was rejected. If 45.5/7 is the demand, there is no way no how this contract isn't signed already.

Still, if both sides are at least using Pietrangelo's deal as the benchmark (as they should since both players are highly comparable), than it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a deal will be reached in that range.

anything under than 56/7 would be a win for Habs fans. Anything under 50 and breakout the champagne.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Anything less than 8 is a steal. If he's looking at 6.5 or 7 mil we'd be absolutely insane not to lock him up for 8 years. It will be a hometown discount if he does less than 8 mil per.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Wow... you guys should actually pay more attention when you read something.

Not only is this thread's title WAY off of what actually was reported, but you guys are overreacting big time. Subban wants a contract IN EXCESS of Pietrangelo's 7 * 6.5M... which is obvious, and something everyone knew already.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Wow... you guys should actually pay more attention when you read something.

Not only is this thread's title WAY off of what actually was reported, but you guys are overreacting big time. Subban wants a contract IN EXCESS of Pietrangelo's 7 * 6.5M... which is obvious, and something everyone knew already.
awful title very dissapointed when I actually read ops post... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad