Rumor: (The Score update) PK Subban looking for a 7 year deal north of $6.5M

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Wow... you guys should actually pay more attention when you read something.

Not only is this thread's title WAY off of what actually was reported, but you guys are overreacting big time. Subban wants a contract IN EXCESS of Pietrangelo's 7 * 6.5M... which is obvious, and something everyone knew already.
We can all dream...

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
This just pissed me off. We could've had him for ~5m as it were.

Bergevin plays hardball with Subban and Markov and doles out 4 year extensions to statistically mediocre coaches and 8m contracts to rat-faced has-beens willy nilly.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Another thread condemned to a short shelf life.

thom

Mar 6, 2012
If true the habs GM should have PK sign deal right now-I thought Pk would be asking 7.5-8.5 million since rumours were his agent might get back at habs from last contract

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
ben-stiller-do-It.jpg

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
Edited: misleading title...

Yea, I expect PK to get more than Pietrangelo. MB should have signed him longer term when he had the chance. I know he wanted to respect the bridge contract mentality, but not all players can be treated equally.

Saintpatrick*

Bergevin plays hardball with Subban and Markov and doles out 4 year extensions to statistically mediocre coaches and 8m contracts to rat-faced has-beens willy nilly.

Agreed. Playing harball with one of your franchise players while giving lesser players extensions and contracts they just don't deserve is no way to treat PK.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Only in Montreal can a coach with Therrien's record in the past two seasons can be called a statistically horrible coach :laugh:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well... that's a whole other story. :laugh:
Only in Montreal can a coach with Therrien's record in the past two seasons can be called a statistically horrible coach :laugh:
I guess the fans here actually pay attention to what's on the ice rather than opening the paper the next day to simply check the standings.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

Have you watched the games this year? It was a horrible. And most of the times, Price saved our *****.

As opposed to last year when we had a puck-possession forechecking style and we dominated most of the time. Why did that idiot changed our style? Just for **** and giggles?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Have you watched the games this year? It was a horrible. And most of the times, Price saved our *****.

As opposed to last year when we had a puck-possession forechecking style and we dominated most of the time. Why did that idiot changed our style? Just for **** and giggles?

ohh wow...that whole line of Bs again?:shakehead

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Ok, sorry to have opened a can of worm like that. We were a horrible, horrible team only riding on a hot goalie. I should've known.

Next.

WG

Sep 9, 2008
I'd be happy with these numbers, what do you think?

As per the score:

Report: P.K. Subban looking for contract in excess of 7 years, $45 million

juin 17 2014, 4:23 PMJustin Cuthbert

P.K. Subban's decision to sign a bridge deal turned out to be a lucrative one and now, two years later, the Montreal Canadiens defenseman appears unwilling to settle and ready to cash in.

That is, certainly not for less money than a Canadian Olympic teammate.

The polarizing defenseman is reportedly looking to sign a contract in excess of the seven-year, $45.5-million deal St. Louis Blues defenseman Alex Pietrangelo signed prior to the 2013 season, per Andy Strickland of FOX Sports Midwest.

Uncomfortable rounds of negotiation loom and while the Canadiens may not award him Pietrangelo money, don't bank on Subban being low-balled this time around.

FFS. So much fail. For starters the idea that Montreal 'may not award him Pietrangelo money' is a garbage assertion. PK will of course get much more than that, no slight against AP, it's just the factor of when the contracts get signed.

And, the intrepid reporter refers to Subban as "the polarizing defenseman." I'd maybe have gone with "The 2013 Norris Trophy winner" but what do I know. If you actually go to the score.com and to this story, Mr. Cuthbert has another feature on Subban's contract situation in which he refers to Subban as a 'lightning rod' and a 'defensive paradox' with 'liabilities in the defensive end.' He at least cites PK's Norris in the article so bonus points for remembering that.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

for another 3 years perhaps....and then we'd be paying him 10 or 11 for 8 after that...the guy has more upside yet and the cap is rising fast.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Hey some of us actually watch the games.

Some have selective viewing, seeing only positive from some and negative from others. Too many posters on here with personal agendas that can't see the use of a player that isn't their favorite or a coach that isn't their hero.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad