GDT: The SCF Han Solo juju GDT Vegas @ Bad Guys G4 (Do or have high probability of die edition)

Holtby?

• Total voters

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The problem is even without the bad luck and calls, they mentally quit after being down by a goal. They aren't mentally resilient any more

Another reason, for me, that a guy like JT or EK is necessary. When have we really hit adversity on the ice this season? Not in the regular or postseason at all before this.

So far, no guy has stepped up as that veteran leader who keeps us going. Captain Intangibles gets thrown around as a pejorative against Toews but the dude stepped up and was counted every time it mattered and his team needed him.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I mean this would be the most movie to ever movie if we can win four in a row. But I'm mentally checked out. I need time to return to the mentality that it's incredible that we even got here.

In the interim it's horribly frustrating that this team just couldn't ****ing find a way to play their game. One thing doesn't go their way and it all falls apart.

IMO it all started with that crosschecking complaint by Carlson, and his subsequent dive in game 2. You don't change your game just because you think they'll call you every time making space in front of the net.

axmachina

May 8, 2018
Some of you Vegas fans are nuts. You are just starting out and are sitting here enjoying the finals. Have fun, it's not all over for you. You've got the amazing team, good bunch of guys, great fans. Enjoy the ride.

Reactions: bluetib

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I have to say as a bandwagoner this is truly the first time I’ve been worried about VGK’s chances; so much that I’ve turned the last two games off (lol, too emotionally invested).

WSH has figured out how to neutralize the VGK attack; and they are executing so well that VGK looks rattled and defeated.

I had VGK in 7, but I’m starting to doubt the course of this series. Sigh.

Go VGK, hope they can give their home crowd one last cheer!

Reactions: Vegan Knight

axmachina

May 8, 2018
This is spot on. I'm new to Vegas but after having attended one of your reg season games I fell in love. Great fans and great atmosphere. Enjoy the ride boys.

axmachina

May 8, 2018
It's nobody's fault. If I told you 6 months ago we'd be playing in Game 4 of the SCF's tonight you would have looked at me like I was nuts.

This is spot on. I'm new to Vegas but after having attended one of your reg season games I fell in love. Great fans and great atmosphere. Enjoy the ride boys.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Yes, but it's history. You only get one chance to win the cup in your first season. Amazing moment that would never be forgotten in sports history.

If this happened in year two instead of year one, I feel like a lot more people would be a lot more relaxed.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Another reason, for me, that a guy like JT or EK is necessary. When have we really hit adversity on the ice this season? Not in the regular or postseason at all before this.

So far, no guy has stepped up as that veteran leader who keeps us going. Captain Intangibles gets thrown around as a pejorative against Toews but the dude stepped up and was counted every time it mattered and his team needed him.

I don't think we need a JT or an EK for their leadership so much as we could just really use a guy who can put the team on his back offensively and create offense out of nothing. Hard work is nice, but the skill disparity has been very evident in this series.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Yes, but it's history. You only get one chance to win the cup in your first season. Amazing moment that would never be forgotten in sports history.

If this happened in year two instead of year one, I feel like a lot more people would be a lot more relaxed.

And it's not like all of us are brand new to the sport of hockey. I've had to sit back and watch the Ducks squander great chances to advance in the playoffs for years. When they get this far they gotta find a way to finish it because they may not get back again.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I wonder how this game would be if Neal made that open goal. The team was flying out there and had missed some other shots, but nothing as bad as Neals

Yup. That was crushing. The life goes out of the building & we play with confidence from then on. We had them on their heels. Like I said before, hockey is a funny game. No rhyme or reason that we've hit at least 10 posts in the past 2 games.

The series really turned when we didn't score 5on3 in Game 2. Then Tuch needs to bury that pass from Eakin. If he does, who knows what happens from there...

I digress...

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
And it's not like all of us are brand new to the sport of hockey. I've had to sit back and watch the Ducks squander great chances to advance in the playoffs for years. When you get this far you gotta find a way to finish it because they may not get back again.

I supported Anaheim, as well. I know all to well those feelings. Part of the reason I want Vegas to go for it this summer in trades and free agency, as Bob was always rather pragmatic about making deals for futures to improve the team now.

It really sucks that they are losing this series because the moment just seems like it's way too big for them. It isn't but they are letting it get to them.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Right time for Tatar to come out and score 4 goals in one period.

Go :vegas Go

Break Holtby's shutout.

At this point I would almost like every bad thing to happen to Vegas in this period alone, so they could have the breaks turn their way the last hopefully 3 games.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I supported Anaheim, as well. I know all to well those feelings. Part of the reason I want Vegas to go for it this summer in trades and free agency, as Bob was always rather pragmatic about making deals for futures to improve the team now.

It really sucks that they are losing this series because the moment just seems like it's way too big for them. It isn't but they are letting it get to them.

I was an avs fan ever since my friend convinced me to take a road trip to watch Roy play. I'll still follow them and root for them, but adopted hometown comes first. I haven't had any good hockey experiences lately since the avs have been terrible to just average at best for over a decade.

Anyway, the team just needs a lift. Even if it's two garbage goals right now. Something positive at all would go a long way. I got tix to game 5 and 7 and plan to use them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad