GDT: The SCF Han Solo juju GDT Vegas @ Bad Guys G4 (Do or have high probability of die edition)

Holtby?

• Total voters

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I think you're being unfair. Karlsson is the guy who's disappeared, but I really think he's playing hurt. Marchy & Smith have been creating a LOT of quality chances. I mean I've never seen a team THIS snakebit. 10-11 posts in the last two games alone. I've been a Ranger fan for 40 years & even they haven't had bad luck like this that I can recall. Maybe the 2014 Finals could compare.

I really think we played much better tonight than Game 3. Hockey is weird sometimes. You can outplay your opponent & still lose badly on the scoreboard. They had some crazy good luck & unfortunate bounces that wound up in the back of our net. The refs also did us no favors. Clearly not the reason we lost, but they were awful tonight.

I still give us a small chance to come back. One win at a time. One thing I know for sure, this team won't lay down on Thursday.

Smith is my favorite player so I watch him closer at times and while he has had a couple of goals in the series, he's also blown his fair share of easy looking chances too. I've heard that the ice has been choppy on the radio (we've only heard about the bad vegas ice) and I wonder if that's the reason for guys not putting rebounds and other chances up close. Either they are nervous or the puck is hopping. There's been a few times I thought Smith should have scored but it looked like he either mishandled the puck or hopped on him. Still, the caps are playing on the same ice and we're missing grade A chances and they are hitting most of their top chances.

I still feel that the caps are sagging back or collapsing and we aren't adjusting to that. We should have more chances just above the slot area and need to look to tip and crash to get easy rebounds. We're also passing up good chances from the circle. Sure it will take a good snipe from those areas, but as the caps have shown, a lucky bounce off the goalie or another player is all it takes. Looking for the perfect pass is driving me nuts. I can't believe we keep doing this. I have a guy at work that has criticized Turk for not making adjustments during the game before the playoff started and now it's looking like he's right to some degree.

We really need the guys to get a lead and not look back. Confidence is at all time low and it's showing. Fleury has to be frustrated too. He's not been as good, but he's been hung out to dry by the team defense that allows a lot of open looks.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
More inclined to bring Lindberg in for carpenter... unpopular opinion time, but I slot Perron in and take out Haula. Haula in my eyes has been a negative this series

Can't take out Haula because then we only have 3 centers. All 3 of Perron-Haula-Neal have been awful the past couple series, but I don't think that's something that can be fixed at this point. I'd just roll with Perron over Carpy solely based on skill and hope and pray it works.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I'm all for tweaking the lineup, but the real problem is on D. Engellend & Sbisa have been constantly exposed back there. It's been ugly to say the least. Merrill should be playing.

I'll say it again, Gallant has been outcoached since Game 1. Up front Carrier's forecheck was needed against this team. We have had no pushback at all. James Neal was our most physical forward tonight. I like the energy from the 4th line, but none of those guys are big hitters. Reaves is a fighter, he's not good at throwing clean hard body checks.

Last edited:

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I'm all for tweaking the lineup, but the real problem is on D. Engellend & Sbisa have been constantly exposed back there. It's been ugly to say the least. Merrill should be playing.

I'll say it again, Gallant has been outcoached since Game 1. Up front Carrier's forecheck was needed against this team. We have had no pushback at all. James Neal was our most physical forward tonight. I like the energy from the 4th line, but none of those guys are big hitters. Reaves is a fighter, he's not good at throwing clean hard body checks.

Merrill is a really sloppy player and as far as I've seen, takes a ton of penalties which might be worse than Sbisa is he takes 2 penalties or more in a game. Isn't Merrill the one that has also air mailed the puck out of our zone a lot too? I can't remember which of our dmen is the one that has taken more delay of game penalties. I'm not sure if I even like Engelland more than Sbisa. Engelland has been a step or two too late on many scoring plays throughout the playoffs, not just the finals. He does have a better shot than some of the other dmen which is troubling. The team does need a few more dmen that can put heavy shots on the goalie while also being able to move the puck.

I like Carrier, but who comes out? I'm ok with Reaves coming out for Carrier. I don't know if I like Carp coming out for Carrier. That's two guys who basically do the same thing except one is a better fighter and the other I feel is a better checker.

PunkRockLocke

Jun 15, 2017
Pender Harbour
If I were Gallant for game 5:

Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Tuch - Haula - Neal
Lindberg - Eakin - Perron
Nosek - Bellemare - Carrier

Schmidt - McNabb
Theodore - Engelland
Merrill - Miller

Fleury

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Oh I don't mean to discount the possibility he is hurt, I'm just saying most of the bug mistakes I've noticed don't seem related to that.

He could be hurt, but even hurt, he could be giving us more with better decision making.
agreed. you see what guys like Backstrom are doing with obvious injuries. (of course Karlsson's could be some thing more significant, but then that raises other questions.)

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
What do they know about theo that they keep getting him in that position?

LMAO what is there to know? It's already been discussed before this game. Fleury is being WAY too aggressive in goal with the first save and he is leaving the net wide open. Maybe if his teammates backed him up it would work out okay, but they aren't there.

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
I stay away from the main boards. Since after the SJ series. I don't mind rooting against us but the level of animosity is over the top for a Vegas franchise that hasn't had the opportunity to even develop bad feelings from some of the fanbases whose fans are so vehemently against us.

Caps fan here looking to get the VGK perspective on things. I don't see it as posters against Vegas, I see it as posters being against anyone good in general. People here are trolls, overly emotional whiny trolls.

And trying to stay as neutral as possible, oshie didn't throw an elbow. Was a reverse hit that caught Miller off guard. Very similar to the neal reverse hit on orpik in game 4, only orpik didn't catch a helmet in the face.

Good luck in game 5...you'll need it ;)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Caps fan here looking to get the VGK perspective on things. I don't see it as posters against Vegas, I see it as posters being against anyone good in general. People here are trolls, overly emotional whiny trolls.

And trying to stay as neutral as possible, oshie didn't throw an elbow. Was a reverse hit that caught Miller off guard. Very similar to the neal reverse hit on orpik in game 4, only orpik didn't catch a helmet in the face.

Good luck in game 5...you'll need it ;)

Yep, that couldn't have been an elbow that BROKE MILLER'S NOSE.

That said, Miller was as responsible for that collision as Oshie was.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Ahh much better. A head butt instead of an elbow. I'll sleep better now.
I thought it was a bad elbow in real time, but seeing the replays it’s just an unfortunate collision that broke his nose... I would love to say it was a dirty hit... and I could, but it would be a lie.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
It wasn't a head butt.

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.42.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.43.17 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.42.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 6.42.51 PM.png
    366.2 KB · Views: 1
  • image.png
    image.png
    365.8 KB · Views: 0

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
Yep, that couldn't have been an elbow that BROKE MILLER'S NOSE.

That said, Miller was as responsible for that collision as Oshie was.

Oshie saw miller engaging for a hit and he countered. Oshie led with his shoulder, not his head. Oshies shoulder to Millers chest, elbow down.

Miller, however, decided to lead the hit with his....face. solid.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Oshie saw miller engaging for a hit and he countered. Oshie led with his shoulder, not his head. Oshies shoulder to Millers chest, elbow down.

Miller, however, decided to lead the hit with his....face. solid.

We really don't need or want your summary. You're not adding anything pertinent to the discussion here. Go gloat on the main board or the caps board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->