Recalled/Assigned: The Saviour has arrived

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Most important question, what number is he wearing?

I hope they don't give him a stupid high number.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Most important question, what number is he wearing?

I hope they don't give him a stupid high number.

Answering my own question, it is #37 according the ottawasenators.com. That's fine. I can't remember any other #37's though... weird.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Coming up, playing some number of games and then going back for the remainder of the season would not constitute "yo-yoing" in my opinion. I think this is what you are alluding to could legitimately happen?

"Yo-yo-ing" would be up and back, up and back, up and back ...

That is bad simply because it makes it difficult for the player to find a groove.

That's my reasoning.

There isn’t enough time left in the year for yo yo ing. But if they bring him up and send him down to let Brown in and Decide he was better and bring him back or if someone gets hurt and they bring him back up that does not prove they don’t know how to do or not do anything. The negative blanket statement of ‘they don’t know how’ just isn’t justified that’s all

Reactions: DueDiligence

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Boro placed on IR

Lets hope that Norris is up here to play, not to "learn" from sitting on the end of the bench like they did with Balcers, Davidsson, Chlapik, Brown. The guy is the hottest player in the AHL, let the kid play.
Not to argue BUT Balcers and Davidsson aren’t ready. The team sees Chlappy as a bottom six energy guy so he isn’t going to see big minutes. Brown sucked.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Not to argue BUT Balcers and Davidsson aren’t ready. The team sees Chlappy as a bottom six energy guy so he isn’t going to see big minutes. Brown sucked.
Are you just gonna assume that Norris is "ready"? Hard to tell if Balcers was ready or not when he only played like 8 minutes a night. Balcers came up as the hottest player in the AHL, Smith sat him, he cooled down and it translated back when he was sent back down.

Reactions: DrEasy

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
well deserved

give him a taste of the NHL lifestyle

He will be hungry coming into camp next year

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I just hoped DJ makes him play top minutes
I doubt he is going to come in here and just blow the door off. We saw batherson destroy the AHL and then struggle in the NHL to start. After a few stints he is finally looking like he can survive with more mins

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Are you just gonna assume that Norris is "ready"? Hard to tell if Balcers was ready or not when he only played like 8 minutes a night. Balcers came up as the hottest player in the AHL, Smith sat him, he cooled down and it translated back when he was sent back down.

Not really, he has been fine since being sent back down, just proves his game is more AHL than NHL ready at the moment.

I do not understand this notion of Smith not giving enough ice time which is why players are not performing, Batherson seems to be doing just fine and is getting enough minutes, would you not agree?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No I figure he is just up so they can keep Pageau out of the lineup tomorrow. Norris should be back down Monday.

Reactions: guyzeur

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I doubt he is going to come in here and just blow the door off. We saw batherson destroy the AHL and then struggle in the NHL to start. After a few stints he is finally looking like he can survive with more mins

Yes you are right. Anyway he won’t be here long cause he need to be Send down at deadline day to be eligible to play in the playoff

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Yes you are right. Anyway he won’t be here long cause he need to be Send down at deadline day to be eligible to play in the playoff
could just be a paper transaction depending on how he plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad