Recalled/Assigned: The Saviour has arrived

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Norris had a nice first game. He skated well, made some plays in both ends, had 4 shots and a couple of scoring chances.

For perspective it took White the last 6 games to get 4 shots on net.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Norris looked good in his first NHL game. Gives me some hope for the future. Getting Lafreniere and a second top 5 pick this summer would be a great confidence builder too.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I guess they depends on your view of what a nice play is.
If you can determine whether or not a play is nice solely by the presence or lack of a shot on goal by a specific player, I'll concede that you have added valuable perspective but i doubt very much any knowledgeable person would make their determination in that fashion.

I liked what i saw from Norris. I just don't see what perspective you are trying to gleam by comparing his shot totals to White's. Seems like nothing more than a pot shot that does nothing to give any better understanding of how well Norris played

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
If you can determine whether or not a play is nice solely by the presence or lack of a shot on goal by a specific player, I'll concede that you have added valuable perspective but i doubt very much any knowledgeable person would make their determination in that fashion.

I liked what i saw from Norris. I just don't see what perspective you are trying to gleam by comparing his shot totals to White's. Seems like nothing more than a pot shot that does nothing to give any better understanding of how well Norris played

Not sure of your point? I said he made some nice plays, had four shots etc. The “comma” is a device used to replace “and”. It doesn’t link the two concepts as dependant on each other.

I assume you are just being argumentative because I linked his shot totals to our hopeful 1-2 C who needed the past 6 games to get 4 shots.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
Not sure of your point? I said he made some nice plays, had four shots etc. The “comma” is a device used to replace “and”. It doesn’t link the two concepts as dependant on each other.

I assume you are just being argumentative because I linked his shot totals to our hopeful 1-2 C who needed the past 6 games to get 4 shots.
He's being argumentative because the perspective of Norris vs White wasn't needed to appreciate what Norris has done AND because you talk about Colin White in way too often in your post even if he isn't part of the discussion.

He was clear when he said : Seems like nothing more than a pot shot.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He's being argumentative because the perspective of Norris vs White wasn't needed to appreciate what Norris has done AND because you talk about Colin White in way too often in your post even if he isn't part of the discussion.

He was clear when he said : Seems like nothing more than a pot shot.

I think I knew that ...

I forgot we can’t compare our young prospects play to our other young prospects play. Keep the blinders on. Norris just moved up the depth chart.

The reason I made the comparison is because some posters were suggesting he had a poor game... the same group that are quick to defend other examples of poor play.

Last edited:

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
I think I knew that ...

I forgot we can’t compare our young prospects play to our other young prospects play. Keep the blinders on. Norris just moved up the depth chart.

The reason I made the comparison is because some posters were suggesting he had a poor game... the same group that are quick to defend other examples of poor play.

I haven't seen one post about him having a poor game aside from last page who Icelevel said he was a "bust"with a ;).

Maybe i'm blind, but can you tell me where so that i go see?

Btw, yes you can compare. But when YOU compare anything to White, with your history of bashing on him ( right or wrong ) It's obvious people will believe it's just another crap on the player.

On another note, because it's the Norris Thread. I believed he was very good his first game. That turnover on Price was good!

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I haven't seen one post about him having a poor game aside from last page who Icelevel said he was a "bust"with a ;).

Maybe i'm blind, but can you tell me where so that i go see?

Btw, yes you can compare. But when YOU compare anything to White, with your history of bashing on him ( right or wrong ) It's obvious people will believe it's just another crap on the player.

On another note, because it's the Norris Thread. I believed he was very good his first game. That turnover on Price was good!

I thought he had a very good game too :) .

Reactions: Viletho

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
Norris looked good in his first NHL game. Gives me some hope for the future. Getting Lafreniere and a second top 5 pick this summer would be a great confidence builder too.
For who? The fans ? Mngt? Coaches? Players?

All of the above is the right answer.

Reactions: Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

It's pretty clear that the so called "added perspective" is what's at issue, not that somebody can both think somebody played well and had numerous shots without those two things being dependent on one another.

If you think I'm just being argumentative, you should probably try some introspection to try and figure out why you chose to bring up White in a thread and post about Norris playing well. Most people agree White hasn't been playing well, so what added perspective to how well Norris played does comparing him to White add, rather than say somebody who most agree is playing well? If your goal was to add perspective to Norris' good play, White is a very poor choice to contrast him too. If your goal was to rile people who like White up and shit on a player that has nothing to do with this thread, it makes far more sense. I think you got exactly what you were looking for, and now you go to your fall back defense of "it wasn't me, you're just looking to argue" whenever it's pointed out your trying to stir things up with non sequitur references to White.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
It's pretty clear that the so called "added perspective" is what's at issue, not that somebody can both think somebody played well and had numerous shots without those two things being dependent on one another.

If you think I'm just being argumentative, you should probably try some introspection to try and figure out why you chose to bring up White in a thread and post about Norris playing well. Most people agree White hasn't been playing well, so what added perspective to how well Norris played does comparing him to White add, rather than say somebody who most agree is playing well? If your goal was to add perspective to Norris' good play, White is a very poor choice to contrast him too. If your goal was to rile people who like White up and shit on a player that has nothing to do with this thread, it makes far more sense. I think you got exactly what you were looking for, and now you go to your fall back defense of "it wasn't me, you're just looking to argue" whenever it's pointed out your trying to stir things up with non sequitur references to White.

Defend who ever you want ... sorry if white’s lack of production hurts. I wish Duclair would score and I wish Brown/Brann stuck in the NHL but I don’t feel the need to defend them with a personal attack everytime a poster claims they aren't ready/good. We know boro can make a mistake ... the world isn’t going to stop discussing them when he does.

I think play between Norris and White is 100% relevant moving forward. They will probably directly compete for playing time and rolls starting yesterday or 2020-21.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

You know exactly what he does in every thread, how off topic things get, and how many people get sucked into this bullshit all the time. You're the mod man, do something about it.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->