Recalled/Assigned: The Saviour has arrived

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like it....and I hate it.

I do want to see what this kid can do at the NHL level. But t the same time, he's in such an amazing groove in Belleville...I don't want to start seeing him yo-yo between the two teams and screwing up the run he's on. If we're going to recall him, make it a long stretch so he can find his game here...no yo-yos.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
4yJLVNL.jpg

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
So one of Ottawa's centres has to be on the way out, no?
Boro placed on IR

Lets hope that Norris is up here to play, not to "learn" from sitting on the end of the bench like they did with Balcers, Davidsson, Chlapik, Brown. The guy is the hottest player in the AHL, let the kid play.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
I like it....and I hate it.

I do want to see what this kid can do at the NHL level. But t the same time, he's in such an amazing groove in Belleville...I don't want to start seeing him yo-yo between the two teams and screwing up the run he's on. If we're going to recall him, make it a long stretch so he can find his game here...no yo-yos.
If they start yo-yo-ing him then that will be proof positive that this organization has no clue about player development.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
If they start yo-yo-ing him then that will be proof positive that this organization has no clue about player development.

What do you mean? There is a chance he isn’t ready and will need to go back down, there is also a chance that they asked him if he wanted a short stint just to get a feel for the NHL.
Just a blanket statement of “team has no clue if “ isn’t really a thing without any reasoning

Reactions: Sweatred

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yikes... are we already at that point with Smith as a fanbase?

Ill admit that I havent been a fan of his ice time allocation either... but I also cant deny that I like the way that hes demanding his players play the game either...

What happens when you let a bunch of offensive players do their thing and play a lazy style of hockey on the other 2/3rds of the rink? The Toronto Maple Leafs, thats what happens. And I do not envy them .

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What do you mean? There is a chance he isn’t ready and will need to go back down, there is also a chance that they asked him if he wanted a short stint just to get a feel for the NHL.
Just a blanket statement of “team has no clue if “ isn’t really a thing without any reasoning
I think they've done a decent to good job with Batherson.

I just hope they don't call Norris up to play 5 minutes a game where he could be better served in the AHL continuing his hot streak

Reactions: BatherSeason

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Smells like a Pageau trade is imminent

Namestnikov is apparently close to being traded.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is the reason for this call up. Sabourin plays like a minute per game, and the org clearly does not want to play Boedker.

If Pageau is also dealt, we probably need a second call up.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Namestnikov is apparently close to being traded.

It wouldn't surprise me if that is the reason for this call up. Sabourin plays like a minute per game, and the org clearly does not want to play Boedker.

If Pageau is also dealt, we probably need a second call up.
That makes sense. Edmonton also wants ennis the menace.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa

Coming up, playing some number of games and then going back for the remainder of the season would not constitute "yo-yoing" in my opinion. I think this is what you are alluding to could legitimately happen?

"Yo-yo-ing" would be up and back, up and back, up and back ...

That is bad simply because it makes it difficult for the player to find a groove.

That's my reasoning.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I think they've done a decent to good job with Batherson.

I just hope they don't call Norris up to play 5 minutes a game where he could be better served in the AHL continuing his hot streak

Ya I guess we will see, the thing about Norris is he has yet to run into a coach that doesn’t love em.
Everyone is upset about ice time but they ignore the fact Batherson was -4 in his first 11 minutes and really needed to be eased in.
And even Logan Brown was getting ok ice time, every once and a while he is forced to sit it out on the bench I would imagine he has slight attitude or listening issues the coach doesn’t like.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
Senators probably want to see what they have in him at the NHL level before figuring out what to do with Pageau/Tierney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad