The Sabres may have found themselves a Goalie

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
LOL none of us thought Levi was the franchise guy. He's a college kid, who had a good run. Now he needs to develop in Rochester for a while before coming back up. Eventually he'll be a franchise goalie, just not yet. He's still far too young
"None of us thought he was the franchise guy"

"Let him develop and then he'll be a franchise guy"

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Sabres also developed Ullmark but he was often injured and the team in front of him sucked gigantic balls, which often obscured his good performance.

By the time they realized how good he was, he hit UFA and was like "peace out".

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
Sabres also developed Ullmark but he was often injured and the team in front of him sucked gigantic balls, which often obscured his good performance.

By the time they realized how good he was, he hit UFA and was like "peace out".
This seems somewhat familiar for some reason.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
How can one be overhyped as well as a top 3 goalie prospect? He just wasn't ready, as many people thought in the first place. That doesn't make him overrated .
Fans thought Levi could come in out of college and lead the sabres to a playoff berth. That's never been realistic. It took management too long to get him down to the AHL where he is playing very very well because despite not being ready for the NHL, he is still a very good goaltending prospect.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
How can one be overhyped as well as a top 3 goalie prospect? He just wasn't ready, as many people thought in the first place. That doesn't make him overrated .
He was overhyped in the way that people expected him to come in at 21 years old and be a quality NHL starter immediately. He was discussed as a can't miss prospect coming into this year and a likely favourite for the Calder trophy

Reactions: MardyBum

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto

Has really come a long way in just one year.

2.44 GA. And .914 SV% And these numbers are after having a very rough start.

I think we have a legitimate #1 Goalie for the first time in forever.

He deserves his props.

I still have nightmares about Ryan Miller, it hasn't been THAT long.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I still have nightmares about Ryan Miller, it hasn't been THAT long.

Mirtle banned me from his Twitter because one of the various filler goalies after Miller played well against the Leafs - he had made a comment that the Sabres were playing what amounted to an old shoe in net, so I replied with an image of a pair of old trainers. That was it. He took it personally. It still makes me laugh even if it's been nearly 10 years.

Luukkonen's run has been nice. And it's a volatile position that can see guys string together impressive runs and then struggle to recapture it soon after. For now, this is fun. If it continues, great. And if it doesn't, it would be just more of the vacillation that is the goaltending position in general.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Fans thought Levi could come in out of college and lead the sabres to a playoff berth. That's never been realistic. It took management too long to get him down to the AHL where he is playing very very well because despite not being ready for the NHL, he is still a very good goaltending prospect.

Our GM thinking that is way worse 😆

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Alright when does the bridge collapse because of this thread?

UPL has done well so i'm happy Buffalo has a goalie. Glad that they didn't dump him out of the equation after Devon Levi came onto the scene.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I’ve seen goalies go on runs before…hell I’ve seen THIS goalie go on a run before. What’s so interesting about this one isn’t just that we are in month three of him being flat out great every night…but how different he looks. It’s not just the results are different. He’s not playing the same way. He doesn’t look the same. He doesn’t even sound the same in post game interviews. Whatever finally clicked into place for him gives some hope that this is more real than just a great run. I mean he won’t be this good. He’s been arguably the best goalie in the league since it turned 2024…that isn’t going to continue. But there is a large middle between what he was and what he is that is a really solid #1 goalie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad