The Sabres may have found themselves a Goalie

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
What kind of contract does this guy get? 1 year to make sure he's the real deal or will they try to lock him down long term this summer?

Reactions: byrath

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
What kind of contract does this guy get? 1 year to make sure he's the real deal or will they try to lock him down long term this summer?

I'd like to see a 2 year show me deal around 2 for 4M. If he backs it up next year (and by backing it up, I mean playing like his Jan 1 through today Hart trophy level of play), then something like 6 for 8M

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I'd like to see a 2 year show me deal around 2 for 4M. If he backs it up next year (and by backing it up, I mean playing like his Jan 1 through today Hart trophy level of play), then something like 6 for 8M
2 years walks him right to UFA is the only thing

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The NHL is so crazy, a year ago we thought Levi was the franchise guy and now it's back to UPL. Goalies are voodoo man
LOL none of us thought Levi was the franchise guy. He's a college kid, who had a good run. Now he needs to develop in Rochester for a while before coming back up. Eventually he'll be a franchise goalie, just not yet. He's still far too young

Reactions: OysterForever

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
LOL none of us thought Levi was the franchise guy. He's a college kid, who had a good run. Now he needs to develop in Rochester for a while before coming back up. Eventually he'll be a franchise goalie, just not yet. He's still far too young

I mean that's fair, I'm just saying the outside view looking in. There was a lot of hype with the kid and UPL was having a trash year last year, just saying how volatile the position is

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The really good b plot to UPL’s out of nowhere emergence is that Levi is where he should be. There was a month this year where he barely played…just sat on the bench as UPL began to take over the net. Now he’s getting a ton of games behind a team that gives up a ton of shots and can be developed correctly instead of thrown in the deep end because they don’t trust any of the goalies.

Which was a legit thing tbf. But this UPL looks so different from his confidence to how he moves to how he reads plays to how he positions himself. It really is night and day. Who knows what happens next year. Goalies are goalies. But it’s as big a 180 as I’ve seen in a while. And it isn’t fluke performances. He’s on it right now.

Reactions: Matt Ress

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
I mean that's fair, I'm just saying the outside view looking in. There was a lot of hype with the kid and UPL was having a trash year last year, just saying how volatile the position is

UPL had a very good run last year when he was the starter. Was rookie of the month last January

Then Comrie (who I call Comweasel) came back and UPL got jerked around quite a bit, which killed his momentum

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
UPL had a very good run last year when he was the starter. Was rookie of the month last January

Then Comrie (who I call Comweasel) came back and UPL got jerked around quite a bit, which killed his momentum

Luukkonen also had a bad ankle that required surgery last spring. It's not on Comrie, that was them having a hurt player and going with Levi who was healthy.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Still think Levi is the guy long-term. Buffalo needs to be careful with this next contract to UPL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad