The Sabres may have found themselves a Goalie

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Just how long would you consider "forever"?
Ryan Miller was a sabres before the 2013 lockout or maybe during the lockout

He was still very good then

Lehner was also good statistically in 2 or 3 years there too

Sabres have sucked offensively and defensively relatively more than goaltending during their playoff drought

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011

Sabres have sucked offensively and defensively relatively more than goaltending during their playoff drought

Was Lehner good statistically? .. I just know he was a train wreck and couldn't stop a penalty shot

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

Lehner in 2015/16 was the last guy that I thought could come in and shut down any game. UPL is the that way for me now, so I’d say a decade or so since we’ve had that talent in the pipes. Ullmark was a good tender here, but had questions about being a full time starter

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Was Lehner good statistically? .. I just know he was a train wreck and couldn't stop a penalty shot

When he was sober, he had some quality starts. It was just his personal demons were too big for him at that time. Glad he got help and how he managed to turn his career around after leaving - one of the few Botterill things I think was top notch was how he supported him getting sober and then recommending him to the Isles when NY was doing their due diligence on signing him.

Reactions: Beerz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad