The Rumors and Speculation Thread #5 (June 8: Bob McKenzie's rumors [page 27])

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
i'm going to say no, I'd say Petry, 7th overall for Coots and our 2nd or 3rd.

I know very little of this Petry character. What type of defender is he? If he is a top four defender and Nischuksen is around at 7 I may consider this. Take Nichsucken and whomever is available on the blueline at 11. If Nischuchken isn't available I don't think I would even consider it though. That's the kind of trade you make on draft day when the Oilers are picking, not one you make this week.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I know very little of this Petry character. What type of defender is he? If he is a top four defender and Nischuksen is around at 7 I may consider this. Take Nichsucken and whomever is available on the blueline at 11. If Nischuchken isn't available I don't think I would even consider it though. That's the kind of trade you make on draft day when the Oilers are picking, not one you make this week.

Petry's pretty good. He's big, can skate, and has some offensive upside. Not real physical. Top 4 guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Long article on Couturier's development.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill...nt-and-Future-Potential/45/52052#.UbcyB5x7xCg

Over time, I think Couturier's offensive game will grow. He can still become an extremely valuable all-around NHL player even if he only evolves to being an 18-to-22 goal and 45 to 50 point player. The predictions that he could become a Selke Trophy caliber defensive forward are actually right on track considering that he won't even turn 21 until December.

Couturier's prime is still about four seasons away. He's right on schedule for sustained defensive dominance. Offensively, his second season was a lateral or very slightly backward step from his rookie promise, particularly in light of his half-season of top-line and second-line use in the AHL during the NHL lockout. But it really wasn't the offensive disaster some painted it to be. It was a just-turned 20-year-old who had the equivalent of a rough half-season in the offensive zone while primarily performing defensive duties.

As far as the trade rumors go, it certainly stands to reason that other NHL teams ask for Couturier in any deal for a defenseman. In my view, I would be hesitant to trade Couturier one-on-one for most of the defensemen in the NHL and it would take a Norris Trophy caliber player coming back this way to even consider for a moment packaging Couturier (or Brayden Schenn) along with other assets.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
What is this "change of scenery" talk? Couturier has been with the team for 2 years and has performed well under the role he was given.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad